• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

pharmacy shorting my pain meds

Thank you everyone, I will ask them to count them in front of me.

I don't want to encourage negative behavior, but honestly you could use this as leverage in the form of almost a lawsuit against the pharmacy if you wanted to speak to a manager or head pharmacist.

Don't let those fuckers push you around.

I understand all that but their first line of defense is "the guys a drug addict" then, who are they going to believe? a drug addict or a licensed pharmacist? easy answer. Yes I am a drug addict but a legal one. Even that I have been on opiates for over 14yrs should hold some weight IMO. If you are on narcotics for that long I must be following the rules being the way the laws are. The thing is, I have to prove it and all they have to do is deny it. Isn't there like a "Pharmacist General" I can contact and get the exact rules for dispensing narcotics?

You need to have them counted there. Until there is some proof this is your word against theirs.

You could contact the State Licensing Board, but as has been pointed out repeatedly:
1. It's not the pharmacist doing it, it's most likely a technician.
2. Until you have proof there's no proof it actually occurred--count them at the counter, that is literally the only course of action unless you want to just switch pharmacies

Get a new one asap. I have been through this a couple of times. The pharmacy before my current one use to loose whole weeks worth of Fentanyl at a time? It happened twice. Not to mention bottles of Benzos that had been opened and already had 2-5 taken out of each 25 tablet container.
Was soo dodgey. I just didn't want to complain because of the other ''usual'' customers and extended motorbike parking out the front!.. Nuf sed.
Peace.

OK so what I did was go to another privately owned pharmacy and talked to the owner and told them what happened and told him I wanted to use them, at first he said they were at there narcotics limit ????? I was wondering why he was trying to tell me this BS. While we talked for a few more minutes he said he would start filling my scripts, (first he's at his limit then he decides to take me, damn lier!) but I already made up my mind that I wasn't going to use him because he's a damn lier. I told him who was filling my scripts and it made me wonder if he would call my pharmacy I came by; so this morning I decided to go ahead and get it filled one more time at my regular pharmacy.

When I got there I put my bottles (oxycontin and oxycodone) on the mantle to get them filled, a technician started my order then the head pharmacist came over and took over the order and filled it. I got home about 9:00 and counted my pills and holy shit they were perfect. This was the first time the pharmacist ever took over my script from another person filling it, he usually gets it first, out of 10 times he probably fills it 7 times.
1. It's not the pharmacist doing it, it's most likely a technician.
so yes he (head pharmacist) has shorted my scripts too.
I know him personally and have used him for the passed 4yrs.

After seeing this I knew the other pharmacist called him and told him I was there and talking about how I was getting shorted. I believe pharmacist talk to each other just like other people in the same careers do. I will continue to use them and if I get shorted one more time the next time I will ask for a counting tray and count them at the counter.

Them shorting me tells me they could not give a shit if I go through withdraws and that's a piece of shit for a human!

Thanks guys for replying to this thread.

yeah I got shorted before... as I always took 2 and had an even number Rx'd, I got suspicious when there were 3 remaining :p

Oxyfen when I lived in Broward county, the small mom and pop stores had signs up stating they would not accept new customers for schedule 2 narcotics. (this was back in 2011) I've been told this is still happening from two two friends who are in pain management. Maybe it varies by what county you live in. It shouldn't be such a hassle to get a prescription filled but it is for some people. :(

Oxyfen when I lived in Broward county, the small mom and pop stores had signs up stating they would not accept new customers for schedule 2 narcotics. (this was back in 2011) I've been told this is still happening from two two friends who are in pain management. Maybe it varies by what county you live in. It shouldn't be such a hassle to get a prescription filled but it is for some people. :(

when i used to be on fent i live around there. took several days of touring every pharmacy to finally get script filled each month. i was too crippled to do it myself so my girlfriend or mom had to take a day or two off of work so they could drive around the whole city going to pharmacies

its worth it though since making scripts inpossible to fill is doing such a great job and reversing the heroin epidemic8(

HI TC, I was told by my pharmacist a couple of yrs back that there are many mom & pop pharmacies that do not carry narcotics because of being robbed and held at gunpoint, the pharmacy I use now have been robbed 5 times for narcotics in the past 4 yrs; even my dog doc sold his business because of being robbed and having his wife and daughter being threatened at gunpoint really flopped it over to sell the business. Nothing about there being a limit on how much narcotics they can sell, I email my old pain doctor, he was the director of the hospital pharmacy or whatever they call them back in 2009 if there is a limit on it. I should hear something in the next 2 or 3 days, he has always answered my emails but it just takes a little time. I'll let you know what he says about it. I really think it BS but I believe it's the pharmacy whom makes a limit and not the US government. The only thing that really temps them is the money, my script just for narcotics is almost 3k$ a month not counting my other monthly scripts I get.

Since I have brought this up my meds are spot on so yes I believe it was an intentional act. I have also seen quite a few different people working there. There is a certain tech that has prepared my meds the last 2 months and they have been right on so far, I just can't take my PM's unless I count them anymore.

I remember reading this thread when it was posted and I found it really shocking that pharmacy workers actually did that to people. It never occurred to me they could steal from patient's bottles and get away with it... It has to be a shitty experience for those it's happened to and that sucks.

Now my mind is wondering if it happens more at places like rite aid, cvs, Walmart, etc. or more at mom and pop pharmacies?

Does it vary by location, as well?

What legal infractions are involved for those employees who are caught stealing drugs?

How many of you count your scripts as soon as you leave the pharmacy to see if you've been shorted?

I need answers! For some reason I'm really interested in all this.

I've been shorted before. In fact due to a similar thread I counted my script for the first time ever and was 10 short. I called the pharmacy manager and informed him. After that I asked them to count in front of me when I picked up. After a couple of times of this, I stopped insisting on it but since then my scripts have all been perfect. I can look at how full the bottle is and know if it's short now. Scripts do get shorted, and when you insist on counts it usually stops. Whoever is doing it doesn't want to be caught, and there are always new patients to rob pills from.

^ that's crazy. Realizing you're 10 less thanks to BL.

Question: when it happened did you have any ideas on the employee who did it? Or did it make you wanna try and guess which one might have?

Also, wouldn't you assume if you've notified the pharm that you were short, that they would investigate? Or do they just not give a fuck?

Posted by ConkyMadeMeDoIt

Now my mind is wondering if it happens more at places like rite aid, cvs, Walmart, etc. or more at mom and pop pharmacies?
I don't think that the retail stores do it as often as the independent pharmacies do because too many cameras and nosey employees/coworkers and I think it would be easier to get caught, I think Mom & Pop, privately owned do it more often.

their answer would be; "What do you expect? the guys a junkie"

Does it vary by location, as well? I don't think locations as cities matter

What legal infractions are involved for those employees who are caught stealing drugs? jail and never work in pharmaceuticals ever again & big fines, Im just guessing

I think the only way to stop it is too get their attention about the scripts being short, think about it, how many people ask for a recount? I never seen anyone and I'm at the pharmacy 2-3 times a month for the past 15yrs.

Reading this thread infuriated me because I just recently went through this. I picked up a prescription for suboxone pills at CVS. When I got home I counted and I was 5 short. I called the pharmacy and told her so she checked to see if the inventory was what it should be at. She came back on and told me that the number of tablets they had matched what they should have so it must be my fault. And she started saying, well did you open them in the car you must have dropped some. No I opened it in a tray I didn't lose any. I'm getting angry just typing this. I told her if her inventory was correct, then someone is pocketing them...but nope...had to be my fault. Also the count number on the bottle that is always circled and initialed was not circled or initialed.

It was a whole big thing with the manager. She told me there's no way they could be stolen because there are cameras. I demanded to watch the video and she fed me some bullshit that she would check it after her shift and call me and let me know because they can't check the video til the end or something.. she never called.

The next month I filled it again and when they handed me the bag I ripped it open and dumped them out right there on the counter. And guess what I was 2 short again and all that happened was the woman who rang me up got me 2 more..i don't know if they really don't care and do nothing about it, or if they want to keep denying it to me and deal with the situation privately so I don't sue. I at least hope whoever did this got fired. This happened once more and since then they always give me the right number. So either the thief got fired or they recognize my name And know that I'll notice and make a huge scene telling all their customers to count their meds. Or maybe they just stopped robbing me because I got switched from suboxone pills to suboxone strips...and nobody wants those

well done Suboxombie! of course they are stealing your PM! I don't know the mg's but at street rate 1$ per mg they get a nice day bonus. I did not have to go to the extreme you did by "counter counting" but if I get shorted again you can bet your prescription on it that I will the following month. Thanks for posting your experience.