Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Phamacist Photo I.D.?

KompelZ

Greenlighter
So yeah, I just got back from my mission to score a bottle of 200ml Rikocdeine and the pharmacist demanded I show photo I.D and then proceded to type my details into her computer.

So what's the deal with this? Has this happened to anyone else? I hope my name hasn't gone into some state or nation-wide database or something. Does this mean I should avoid that pharmacy or the whole entire chain? I don't think I'm allowed to say what the store name was--it goes against BL rules.

I don't think I looked like a junkie or anything...clean shaven/after shave, nice clothes, combed hair, good bullshiting etc. I feel discriminated against lol. But yeah, this has never happened to me before...even after buying like 3 x 96 chemists own pain tabs from the same place in like a 2 week period.

^ Rikodeine is classified as a Schedule 3 which means you are meant to have a prescription for it. Which is kind of weird then that the pharmacist only asked for your details. Maybe because S3 isn't as stringently controlled as other substances??

You would not have been asked before for the pain tabs because you can get most basic pain tabs without a prescription. Although that soon may change :\

You could also just look shadier than you think ;).

Last edited:
i was under the impression that it was OTC, if it was prescription only i severely doubt she would have handed it over, even if she got photo ID???

^ edit i am dumb and didn't read the thing properly. It is S3 but is only OTC and not Prescription. Although still some sites advertise it is as S3 - PRESCRIPTION ONLY:

S3

Last edited:
According to the MIMS book (which is like the drug authority publication in Australia), schedules are defined as follows:
unscheduled: can be sold/bought by anyone, anywhere.
S 2: is defined as medication that is sold in a pharmacy, but can be sold by someone who isn't a pharmacist.
S 3: medicine sold in a pharmacy, but must be authorized by the pharmacist before purchased.
S 4: prescription only
S 8: is a controlled drug with a high potential for abuse or used illegally in some situations. For example, all benzos are S 4...but Rohypnol is S 8 (date rape drug). All prescription opiates are S 8 too--except for tramadol/codeine mixed with one other ingredient.

But yeah, I think some sites require a script for some S 3 drugs, just to cover their asses. I wouldn't read much into it. There are other schedules as well, like S 7 for controlled poisons. However, I've purchased S 3 drugs all the time without I.D. And yeah, I guess I do look a bit shady...the side burns and mustache certainly isn't helping my cause.

Guys you know better than to be sharing tips on how to score something, even cough medicine. I'm closing this as I don't see it having any value.

Phamacist Photo I.D.? reply

Yeah your name does go into nationwide computer database.

Last edited:
Cheers for the reply bro, I appreciate your input. Especially since no one answered my question properly in the other thread. I did receive a few PMs from other members stating that information had to given for certain OTC drugs, although I still had no idea what happened to that information after it was obtained. I hope this doesn't stay on my record forever or some shit. I have received a benzo prescription since then, so hopefully it won't effect me later down the track.

P.S. I don't see why this should be closed if we keep it on topic. In the other one, specific advice was given on how to obtain drugs, so I can see why that was closed. At least now we all know--after all, it's our information. And as members of the public, we have the right to know who is using it and for what reason.

Pharmacists only HAVE to take down your details for psuedoephedrine & prescription sales (in NSW at least), so if you're buying something else & they ask you for your ID, you do have the option of going elsewhere.

Ok different laws in different states, I'm in QLD, and I know this is also the case in SA For S3 medications.

The pharmacist becomes the pseudo dr, and so needs your details to write out the pseudo script and label for the medication. One pharmacist has put the dr as 'Dr S3', another "Dr Pharmacist" . But as you say they don't normally ask for ID for anything other than pseudoephedrine, this guy just had bad luck.

get used to the photo id thing.... there starting to crack down on the OTC shit here in OZ. interesting to hear of the doctor shopper hotline.. iv only ever seen printouts with peoples names and the ammount of pills they pilfered.. fuck aye some people had THOUSANDS racked up.:|

that is majorly fucked up, if i ever got asked for photo ID id just walk the fuck out, what they gonna do?

that or say i dont have my wallet on me hah

S 2 : Pharmacy only. Meds That you can not find at safeway or coles . (i.e. Benadryl dry forte , Panafen plus) .
You can buy some analgesics in supermarket (panadol 24's , Ibuprofen 24)

S 3 : Pharmacist only (Rikodeine, Codral originals, Phenergan,) Require Photo I.d. They put your details in the computer , Whack a label on it using the same system as if your getting a prescription medication. Then they can monitor how frequantly you buy a particular drug.

S 4 : Prescription only (temaze , Valium, Mogadon.) There are some exceptions to repeats , The doctor can sometimes ring canberra for an authority & issue repeats.

S 8 : Controlled drug (DD drugs: Drugs of dependance)
Like oxycontin, endone , Ritalin.
So pretty much what KompelZ said Before.

atropine said:
He basically told me to fuck off, and I left the surgery in agony. BUT I got to learn about these dr shopper hot lines, and how from that day forward I would never give my real name and address to the pharmacist for Schedule3 medication, as that helped fuck me.

I think giving a false name and address to a pharmacist would be considered fraud and is probably illegal.

While pharmacists must authorise the sale and take down your details for S3 meds, they aren't required by law to ask for ID. I don't know whether they have the right to ask you for ID, but it probably doesn't matter because they do have the right to refuse sale of S3 products.

Edit: I've just remembered that I've previously purchased certain S3 products (eg promethazine) and haven't been asked for any details at all. Perhaps it's because they have low abuse potential compared to the S3 opiates etc. So maybe they don't have to ask for details and label the product a la prescriptions, but they can if its warranted in their judgment?

Edit: No wait, promethazine is Schedule 2... 8)

Last edited:
Phenergan (promethazine) is schedule 3 according to 2003 MIMS. I got asked for my name and address today buying 96 pack of panadeine, no ID though.