• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Peyote Cactus growth

Thanks peaked... have merged the threads. Not well though, i still have my training wheels ;)

Hey I tried to follow that link but I was not able to go to it their must be some problem or something.... Anyone know what might be happening?

Because its been merged into this one, see the posts above.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/s...g/csr2000406/sch3.html?query=^mescaline#disp0

This link was bought to my attention a few days ago I'm assuming it's from 2000, it very concerning to any cacti owner/s, especialy those who grow them ordimentally as Echinopsis/Trichocereus species are very special looking plants. Even worse is the Lophophora williamsii which is very distingished looking plant and could be picked out off a collection no problems.

I'm not sure if permits can obtained but i will investigate further.

Thanks for posting that Teddles. However, that is for SA only. In other states they are, as far as I know, still legal to grow (but not harvest). I also have to wonder just how stringently enforced the law is here in SA for some of those plants. Brugmansia is incredibly common, with many "mail order" gardening catalogues from other states advertising the plant to SA customers. Datura is fairly common as well. Also, since any DMT plant is illegal, that would make acacia illegal too. However, several species of that plant are very widely available here.

Last edited:
ive had 4 peyotes growing for about a year now and they are so fuckin slow its hard to tell if theyve gotten any bigger just by looking at them.

Bloody eck, thats the beauty bout them...................... the wait

for all those who cant

Speeding up peyote by grafting:

the nook

as for changes in alkaloid content i have read sooo many articles debating it that im not sure, in aust as lophs are scheduled now in qld as well there are not to many people willing to take the risk by having their project plant analysed by a lab........esp after a few years effort :)

Last edited:
I think that once the plant is of a certain size (or if you have enough small ones) then the mesculaine content is proportional (i.e. 1/100-1/10 of the plant size)

The plant in pic is way over twenty years and would need to be prep'd over winter by nil water or food over winter. In spring it would look a fair bit smaller and very wrinkled. Then consume, although there would be quicker ways to dry out.

Attachments

• '.jpg
    '.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 156
i think that they are almost scheduled across all states and territories now, just within the last month they have been scheduled in QLD & various people have had to get rid of their cacti collection already to comply with the changes in legislation.

it might be worthwhile doing a search for the legal status for the state you are in, before you go about planting a garden of extremely slow growing cacti.

So does that mean importing seeds is illegal? Do the seeds contain mescaline? If not would that make the seeds safe to import?

Sorry, really had my thoughts set about growing a cactus or two, and obviously the psychedelic aspect is cool, however I probably would never consume em - its just nice to know.

Importing would be more illegal than buying from an interstate seller. I'm shitting myself about the law change in S.A. Its taken years to collect Lophs from every part of texas and mexico. But it would have to a pretty switched on cop to notice one in a collection. a./ (Hansen,P 1996. szerint) L diffusa
L.diffusa var. koehresii
L. fricii var . decipiens
L. fricii var. fricii
L. williamsii var. caespitosa
L. williamsii var.pluricostata
L. williamsii f. jourdaniana
b./ (Grym,R.1997. szerint)
1./ L. williamsii var williamsii
2./ L. williamsii var. diffusa
3./ L. williamsii var koehresii
4./ L. williamsii var fricii

Not long ago i could sell seeds and plants on a internet auction site.

any plant of the genus Erythroxylum P. Browne) from which cocaine can be extracted either directly or by chemical transformation, including Erythroxylum coca Lam and Erythroxylum novagranatense
800kg
80kg
800g
Papaver bracteatum Lindley
(a) if each plant weighs less than 100g—10*000 plants; or
(a) if each plant weighs less than 100g—1000 plants; or
(a) if each plant weighs less than 10g—100 plants; or

(b) in any other case—1000kg
(b) in any other case—100kg
(b) in any other case—1kg
Papaver somniferum L
(a) if each plant weighs less than 100g—10*000 plants; or
(a) if each plant weighs less than 100g—1000 plants; or
(a) if each plant weighs less than 10g—100 plants; or

(b) in any other case—1000kg
(b) in any other case—100kg
(b) in any other case—1kg
all fungi that contain PSILOCIN
10kg
2.5kg
1000g
all fungi that contain PSILOCYBIN
10kg
2.5kg
1000g
any plant containing MESCALINE including any plant of the genus Lophophora

any plant containing DMT including any plant of the species Piptadenia Peregrina

Salvia divinorum EPL. & Jativa (Diviners Sage)

Mitragyna speciosa Korth (Kratom)

Catha edulis Forsk (Khat)
5kg
2.5kg
250g
any species of the genus Ephedra which contains ephedrine
200kg
50kg
10kg
any species of the genus Brugmansia Pers

any species of the genus Datura L