• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Petrol - New Experience - Inhalants are dangerous. Do not use this chemical.

zooms

Bluelighter
This will be short, and not very descriptive as I, though I can remenber it fully, cannot even comprehend putting it into words with a huge amount of detail.

So yesterday, after my parents were at work, I read some reports on Erowid 'bout people 'huffing' gasoline, or petrol. It got me curious, very curious. Probably due to me being down, and wanting a cheap, quick and easily accessible trip.

So, I got into the shed, and get out a 5 litre petrol cannister, that's probably like 1/5 full, so it has roughly a litre in it. It's been there for months, perhaps close to a year so, the fumes inside there are seriously built up.

I unscrew the lid, put my mouth over it, while leaving a tiny gap at the side so I can actually inhale, and breathe in as deep as I can. I repeat this roughly 5-6 times, until I`m out of breath, and put the cannister down, while walking up and down my garden.

Immediately I notice a rush, a crazy burst of a euphoric sense, a massive tingling in my feet. Almost instantly after feeling this, it's like the tingly feeling shoots straight up to my head. I could actually feel it going through my body. It was like a was a prong, and somebody tapped my feet, and the vibration shot through me.

The vibration was immense. Like, unbelievably immense. Almost instantly after feeling that, I started to trip out. My vision started flickering, but only the side of it. Then it all started. What i`ll describe now will probably make no sense but, here goes.

I sort of went into third person mode. Like, I couldnt actually see the back of my head but, it was like I was watching through somebody elses eyes, kinda hard to explain. Then, I start hearing these sounds, and it was like my sister, brother and a girl I knew from work kept saying 'DO YA, DO YA, DO YA, DO YA, DO YA', over and over again. But the noise was coming from left to right. Like when you watch Formula 1, and the cars zip past and make a noise, then the noise wears off as they get past you.

This carried on throughout the whole trip. While this is happening, I keep seeing their faces to the extreme right of my vision, like, I can actually see their faces, but I can't look that way. I keep huffing, then I start to get thought, movement and uncontrollable loop action. Like, I`ll huff some, while hearing my sister, brother and this girl saying 'DO YA, DO YA, DO YA, DO YA, DO YA', and seeing their faces. Then i`ll walk down my garden and back up, and keep repeating. But everytime I do, it's like im seeing it from the next level. Example:

I`ll huff some, while hearing these voices/seeing these people, walk up and down my garden, then go back to the cannister. Then i`ll go into third person mode, and do the same. Then i`ll go into third person mode, of that third person mode that I've just done, and do the same. The next time it`ll be like I`m in 5th person mode, the time after`ll be like i`m in 6th person mode, etcetcetc, so fucked up.

It's like I know what I`m going to do before I do it. The worst part is, I didn't know what reality was. I was unsure whether these thought/action loops was my life, like I was going to be stuck doing this forever, or whether there was something else. It's as if my whole life was 'bout this moment, and trying to do something else but just ending up doing this. I genuinely didn't know anything out of these actions. This was all I could think 'bout.

Another thing, I kept having some weird flashbacks. No movement though, just images. Of a park I used to live near, and this felt like it was linked to what I was doing at the time. It was as if I was searching for an outing, and this seemed like my way out. If that makes sense.

Mannn, there's so much more to it than what I've just explained. It's so much more intense that anybody that has never experienced anything like this couldn't even comprehend what it was like.

The worst part is, it's now 3am, I should be tired but I`m not. I have, within the last 30 minutes, started hearing these voices again. It's horrific, and instead of seeing the faces, I feel like a force is pulling on my right shoulder. Not physically, just mentally. Along with these voices, I feel like I can hear a girl, in her teens, talking to me.. but it's like she's trapped inside the bottom of my jaw, that's where the noise feels like it's coming from.

Right now, at this moment in time, I`m not going to lie, I am fucking terrified. I daren't leave my room, I`m hearing these voices again, which is VERY nearly bringing the trip back on, and I just feel fearful of everything. Like there's a massive force of fear all around me.

I am going to play some video games some more, until it gets light and, if I still feel the same, I`m going to wake my parents and talk to them.

If anybody is thinking, or has thought 'bout huffing petrol at extreme amount, then I am fucking tell you now, don't. The guys who made reports at Erowid rate it above any psychadelic they've ever taken and, even if you don't react to it like I did, it'll fuck you up.

Please refrain from calling me an idiot for doing this, as it is harmful, both mentally and physically. I know this, I knew it before I did it, and I know it now. I am fully paying the consequences.

Moderator's Note:

Inhaling gasoline can cause sudden death or permanent brain damage from one use. Inhalants are without doubt the most dangerous recreational chemicals in existence.

substancecode_petrol
substancecode_gasoline
substancecode_inhalants

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, jenkem might fuck you up, but the shits horrible for you, and thats not a psychedelic, thats just being fucked up and seeing shit. Stick with LSD my friend.

[Please don't use insults. Thanks. :) And for the record, this isn't jenkem. Perhaps you were kidding but I wanted to put in a disclaimer anyway for others]

Last edited by a moderator:
Your brain hates you for killing some of its cells, i'm sure it'll wear off...:\

Really though petrol? Can't you get hold of some real drugs?

Just don't do that shit again, mayne. The effects will wear off--accept the lesson you learned and move on.

Kids: huffing gasoline may cause facial disfigurement and hair loss... and of course it kills brain cells.

That sounds as though you had a bit of euphoria...and then hours of insanity and twisted tripping...Solvents really are genuinely very bad for you, tis not the government or PSHE hyping them up for shock value. You'd do better to avoid inhaling petrol, white spirit, deodrant etc and go search for some real hallucinogenics.

If you're in Britain you can buy Peyote legally and trip safely, if you don't mind paying £30 or so for your experience.

Ok granted, petrol smells very very nice, but the brain cell genocide probably isn't worth it...

I used to sniff a lot of solvents during my early to mid teens, before I got into other drugs. Keep away from them - they'll damage your nasal tissue and destroy your brain cells. I had heaps of random nosebleeds, migraines, and other bad symptoms when I was abusing solvents.

I used to sniff a lot of solvents during my early to mid teens, before I got into other drugs. Keep away from them - they'll damage your nasal tissue and destroy your brain cells. I had heaps of random nosebleeds, migraines, and other bad symptoms when I was abusing solvents.

Christ you've really been through it all, Sweet P.

Thanks for the report, that was pretty detailed and I enjoyed reading it, but seriously, please never do that again. Gasoline/petrol is about the worst possible thing you could do to yourself, drugs or no drugs. You'd be better off doing almost anything. In this one time you've done irreversible brain damage. People can seriously die or be changed forever from it.

I'm sure you will be fine after a little time passes, but please, please do not use inhalants again. <3

You'll be alright in a few years dude, don't worry, it won't be permanent. Just stay away from known neurotoxic substances, stick with weed every day. And since you're young, you probably have many years for your brain to keep growing. New estimates point at it still developing after the age of 30. All things heal. Take what you've learned. Realize that the voices that you were hearing were just from your auditory memory combined with your imagination. Or perhaps some were just you repeating what you know them to sound like. Don't let the doctors bring you down and put you on countless psychiatric drugs. Just smoke weed, and keep experiencing life. It will be ok.

Christ you've really been through it all, Sweet P.

Yeah I do have quite a history. :\

Alcohol > Solvents > Weed > MDxx > Opiates > Meth > Dissociatives.

Meth is my true love though. All the others are just casual flings.

Yes it's a very stupid thing to ever even consider doing. Yes it's good that there's another inhalant TR.

first time reading a petrol sniffing TR, sounds even worse then i imagined it.. hope your all good and STAY AWAY FROM THAT SHIT

I'm also wondering how you're feeling? Interesting report. I've always wondered what receptors these random hydrocarbons hit. Sounds kind of disassociative, maybe? Actually sounds a bit like Salvia, though I doubt that it hits the kappa-opiod receptor.

Hi guys. I`m all good now, back to my normal self. No lasting noticeable effects though, I`m sure there are in my brain :).