• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Pet Peeves v. u mad?

^fishing for attention/chat, maybe? read between the lines, bro.

people who describe something as "must see" when, after, i could have been quite happy not seeing it.

bah humbug :)

alasdair

L2R said:
^fishing for attention/chat, maybe? read between the lines, bro.

Yeah, an annoying way to fish for attention. Probably not chat, as they're going to bed.

ebola

When partnered with an extremely slow coworker so you end up doing 2.5 peoples jobs: your own, theirs, and the half is extra work correcting their errors... 4 days in a row of this shit.

<<<<<doesn't even lift
People telling others to "not be shy"...that has to be the least useful advice on the planet. Relatedly, when hanging out in a casual group, it's always fun when someone says, "Well, it looks like ebola hasn't been saying much!"

ebola

But I have accrued tolerance due to aberrant overuse of reason and am thus largely immune. ;)

ebola

People who mistake their own impatience as other people's unintelligence.

when youre stuck in the car as a passenger with an aggressive driver and you just feel sorry for everyone in front of you but your driver doesn't think they're driving like shit cuz "I've been driving since you were in diapers"

and you probably were a huge asshole back then too

Attention whores.

Either when they say something very shocking/offensive/edgy to get a reaction or when they make sexual/open/suggestive comments also in order to get attention.

Beer being referred to as "suds".

ebola

I also dislike the word "prideful". I think that you can nearly always get "proud" to get the semantic work done in context.

ebola

Last edited by a moderator:
Idiotic ex bfs who are mommas boys and mothers who forces their sons gf to get an abortion and then talk shit about her.

People who say "Smile" when you are casually going about your day. Not only that, but they say it in the most smug manner possible. In combination of being told what to do when you are perfectly content other-wise it makes you want to smile less.

People who say "Smile" when you are casually going about your day. Not only that, but they say it in the most smug manner possible. In combination of being told what to do when you are perfectly content other-wise it makes you want to smile less.

I'm not a huge fan of that either.

bronson said:
Last edited by bronson; Yesterday at 20:25. Reason: post merge

Sorry to be like this, but I actually considered posting a single, aggregated post but ended up favoring the two be separate. This is not to say that I disagreed with your decision but rather to explain that I at least had a rationale. ;)
use of "digital" to signify electronic and "analogue" to signify non-electronic. Digital vs. analogue is a property of the form of information and how it is processed (namely, as discrete values verses points along continua); the distinction does not signify the type of substrate through which information is processed. Eg, Babbage's difference engine (incidentally constructed far post mortem) is as thoroughly digital as the thing I'm currently typing into. As another eg, it doesn't make sense to call e-cigs "digital" and conventional cigarettes "analogue"--neither is oriented toward computation, and if hard pressed, one would need call both analogue.

ebola