• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Peruvian Torch: how much dried light green tissue?

bluesaucer

Greenlighter
From what I see online, it looks like Peruvian Torch and San Pedro are constructed as follows, going from the surface to the center:

1. semi-clear, flaky wax layer (the cuticle?)
2. green, waxy skin (the epidermis?)
3. light green tissue (the primary phloem?)
4. whitish tissue (the secondary phloem?)
5. a thin, round layer of tough fibers (the vascular cambium?)
6. nearly white "woody" tissue (the secondary and primary xylem?)

They say 37.5 grams of dried Peruvian Torch yields a 300 mg dose of mescaline (as a rough ballpark figure). But apparently that applies to the cactus as a whole, and the alkaloids are actually almost entirely in the light green flesh. So how many grams of dried light green flesh alone do you need for a 300 mg dose? And for that matter, am I right that there's no mescaline in the outer whitish fibrous material (the part I'm calling "layer 4", and which I'm guessing is the secondary phloem)?

Thats correct, as far as I know all of the alkaloids found in the cacti are located in the outer green skin. According to Erowid, potency can vary from .3%-2.0%. So anywhere from 15-100g of dried skins can yield 300mg mescaline.

My first experience with peruvian torch was at 28 grams. It was effective and quite enjoyable but didnt have the power I was looking for. So I then stepped it up to 56 grams and was thoroughly satisfied.

Welcome to Bl :)

So you're saying I want to use in the ballpark of 37.5 grams of dried light green tissue, not 37.5 grams of the dried cactus as a whole?