• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Percs to subx today

Kittycatwoman

Greenlighter
Been addicted to opiates now for 3 years. Got a script 6 months ago and downhill..being small I can only snort 3/4 perc 10s a day..if i did more I vomited. I know in mgs its not alpt. Still, I am never w/o my drugs, pulling over on highway to snort more during driving commutes, buying from dealers all of it. At this point , other than gor work/dr appt i dont leave house and snort till i pass out.
Finally last week i went to suboxone dr. Its a huge cost and he is there only for the cash. $300 to see him $110 for 15 days of 2mg suboxone 2xs a day..to see him again will be $150 more plus meds. Whatever, i paud him..sick of this life.
Im on 10 mg addys for 3 years every morning and 4mg muscle relaxer at night to sleep..
I did my last perc at 10pm last night..its 12 noon now and took mu adderall at 11am, trying to hold off until i feel withdrawals before taking suboxone.
Ive tried to quit on my own for a year, most i managed was 16 days just smoking weed..kratom didnt help..tried both types..i asked for lowest dose bc i know im easily medicated and do not want to get addicted to suboxone. I tried a sliver of a friends before about a year ago and felt terrible with a headache nothing else..
So thats my story..ive done all kinds of drugs all my life, mostly mdma cocaine early 20s..this opiate addiction got me..hoping suboxone can help me regain my life
Thanks for reading

Please do wait until you definitely feel withdrawals before starting the subs. Starting too early is really unpleasant, to say the least.

Overall it sounds like you're making a good step. The only thing I'd recommend in addition is to be open to the idea of a higher suboxone dose if it seems warranted. Obviously you know yourself best. But the effectiveness of buprenorphine is in part a matter of getting your dosage dialed in just right. And that usually takes some trial and error.

And in that topic, you may develop a dependency on subs, but that's very different from your addiction. Many medications lead to dependency (SSRIs come to mind). But the damaging aspects of addiction are quite separate from physical dependency.

I hope you'll let us know how things go.

Please do wait until you definitely feel withdrawals before starting the subs. Starting too early is really unpleasant, to say the least.

Overall it sounds like you're making a good step. The only thing I'd recommend in addition is to be open to the idea of a higher suboxone dose if it seems warranted. Obviously you know yourself best. But the effectiveness of buprenorphine is in part a matter of getting your dosage dialed in just right. And that usually takes some trial and error.

And in that topic, you may develop a dependency on subs, but that's very different from your addiction. Many medications lead to dependency (SSRIs come to mind). But the damaging aspects of addiction are quite separate from physical dependency.

I hope you'll let us know how things go.

That being said, if you struggle with going back you can try methadone. If money is a concern, most health insurance will cover the costs