• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

percocet withdrawals help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PandaVii

Bluelighter
hey guys anyone who knows me knows im no stranger to withdrawals. i get my percocet script filled in two days and so i have been going through percocet withdrawals since sunday and i feel like shit. the insomnia, the chills, and rls is whats fucking with me the most. iv been through this before but honestly i just dont even want to deal with it. does anyone who has been through this have some good tips on how to make these symptoms minimal. and no i dont have any benzos lol.

I feel your pain, I was scripted 60 perk 7.5 a week all last winter along with 40 tramadol and 40 valium 5 for muscle spasm. They eventually took me off the valium, I quit the tramadol on my own because I've used it on and off for a decade and it's a love hate thing but I managed to quit them.
Anyway, I was still getting percocet 5s, 60 per week.had to ween down on those but at one point ran out for whatever reason....
Man that was hell, but I'm more used to long acting drug wd (suboxone, tramadol, valium) so the beSt way I can describe it was like a month of suboxone wd (which I'm currently doing, on my own account, with the help of valium 5mg, gabapentin 600mg and medicinal mj) crammed into 72 hrs, then by day 4 or 5 you will start feeling better, just slightly... but better nonè the less.
When couch ridden with the chills and the shits I was given a Norco 10, which are usually worthless to me, but it allowed me to sleep a bit that night and took away most of the wd symptoms.
I remember the 2nd morning, when the wd was at its peak, I sipped a strong rum and coke thinking it would help... bad idea!!! Sent my wd into overdrive.
My advice is obtain some good grass and some lyrica or gabapentin (since you said you don't have access to benzos) and possibly some doxylamine or if you cab get it... promethazine.
Avoid tramadol as they becoming addicting in a whole other way, maybe try to obtain a small amount of codeine?
Just my advice, sorry for rambling, currently on a few gabapentin 600s with clonazepam and alprazolam so I'm getting a little buzzed, I'll shut up now. Just remember, the worst of it is the first 72 hours, stay close to a toilet for real and know that in 7 to 10 days you will actually feel better than you did while on the percocet, as hard as that is to believe, as perks, even at a low dose, make me feel pretty f'in good.

I should note that because I had an amazing orthopedic surgeon, yes I was Rx'd all those percs, valium and tramadol. Had also partial left shoulder replacement last december.
Also, yes, because I live in Michigan (da Yoop, not the shit hole lower peninsula) I am legal to use medicinal marijuana for post surgical pain and arthritis.
Yes, I'm prescribed the 90 valium 5mg because I recently got off suboxone (zubsolv 5.7/1.4) and klonopin .5mg so I'm using it for suboxone wd as well as anxiety. Quite hard to find a doc who gives valium, even with proof of being on it for nearly four years previously. I'm also rx'd 90 gabapentin 600mg for wd and to potentiate my valium.
Only shitty thing is I was running through more valium and gabapentin that first week of wd so I had to magically obtain some blue footballs and kpin 2mg to get me through the next week or so until I can refill my valium and gaba.
Medicinal marijuana helps just about everything, except that it gives me increased anxiety, but thanks to the valium and gabapentin that is no longer an issue and the three synergze.

You could take loperamide (Imodium AD). That will help with the shits and more since it’s an opioid, just doesn’t cross into the brain.
Dose somewhere between 12-30mgs.

Honestly if you’re running out of your prescription faster, I would recommend ordering some red vein kratom to have on deck for these situations.

Yeah take some Imodium (Loperamide). Sold over the counter!
I have used it for a few days in between prescriptions a few times.
I know how it goes with chronic pain.
I am on 75 mg MS Contin a day and I take 40 mg of loperamide - yes 20 2 mg pills for the first dose and then lower it to like 20 mg loperamide the next day and so on. It completely holds me. This is considered a mega dose of loperamide and it can be dangerous but I have never had any problems from it. Just a few days is relatively safe. The people who have had problems are using in the 100- and up mg dosage and for an extended period of time.

The trick is to use just enough loperamide to hold you over and only for a few days. Loperamide can have a bad withdrawal of its own.
It is really very strong and is an opioid and it is in the fentanyl family. So use caution.
The Loperamide keeps me out of withdrawal and I can sleep and function until I get my refill.

Hey Panda, and a belated welcome to Bluelight! We are happy to help you and more importantly, are just happy that you're here to be part of our community, which I consider an elegant cross between an informal University Chemistry Class + The Manson Family + Some aspects of the Peolples' Temple, with Basic Drug Discussion being Jonestown and a sewing circle, circa 1850.

But, anyhow, I'm going to try to lend you a little bit of help that I think you could find extremely useful in the future. Now, Bluelight has thousands of different threads constituting its existence. Some of these threads are a little esoteric and require the input of several members to arrive at a reasonable answer, while on the other end of the spectrum, there are questions so simple that they can be found easily by using Google.

Getting to my point regarding your thread, please think about it. Consider the sheer size of the forums for a moment and think "Am I the only BL'er who has experience withdrawal from Oxycodone?". The answer is no, which for you, is a good thing. There are countless threads dedicated to precisely what your problem is. There's absolutely no need to create new threads concerning nothing more than your standard withdrawal. This is not a shot at you, it's me trying to tell you that the information that you're sitting and waiting for is already freely available.

You simply need to acquaint yourself a little bit better with how the forums function. Gaining decent research skills is all part of the process in becoming effective researchers. The place where you can start:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...peramide-and-gaba?highlight=Opioid+Withdrawal

This is a thread that popped up rat"er quickly when I searched "Opioid Withdrawal". It's not exactly clear and concise, but if you're interested, you can glean a lot of information regarding my system and beliefs in relation to withdrawal. I'm not saying that I'm the be all, end all in terms of withdrawal support, but I've done it several times, so have just a little experience in doing it fairly painlessly.

Also, regarding duplicate threads, one of the reasons we don't like duplicate threads is because there are only so many spaces on our front page available. As humans, a lot of us have the tendency to be too lazy to go to the next page, so we need our most important, conversation-generating threads to be on that front page. No harm done, as you're new, but in the future, just consider the fact that maybe your question has already been answered before creating new threads.

keif Richards, i am so sorry. I dont get on this web site very often and basic drug disscussion was the only place i really knew where to post. i apologize. i will try my best to put my threads in the proper category from now on

i'm gonna go ahead and close this thread, and so sorry to hear Panda, just went thru some wd's myself.
the opioid wd megathread will have everything you need.
best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.