• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Percocet usage at age 13

Youngbird909

Bluelighter
Hi I am new to blue light and I'm 13, I have been using Percocet recreationally for about a month and had a plan to use once a week. But I recently got 10 10/325 generic Percocet (a333) and went through them in 2 weeks. Usually I only pop one 10mg but twice over the 2 weeks I did 15mg because 10mg wasn't as strong anymore. I used to smoke weed almost every day until my parents caught me and now I get drug tested a lot (10 panel). I use about twice a week now, how long till my tolerance goes up, how much should I increase when tolerance goes up, will twice a week use get me addicted?

Last edited:
welcome to bluelight. i'm going to move your thread.

homeless -> basic drug discussion

what is pokemon not fun anymore?
take it from a older wiser person
you should stop using percs for the simple fact that the road your on will lead you to nothing but trouble and issues then the risk of having withdrawals
i get it people do stupid things at that age but seriously prescription pills are not a game you wanna play that age
to be fair cannabis is a whole lot better than percs and other opiate's
opiate tolerance will only get worse
dependency and addiction are 2 very different things
at the rate your going it shouldn't take long to become dependent

opiate use is a one way road to addiction, one high at a time imo

you should just drop the rec use altogether, if you worry about getting dependent, than that's time to jump off. also you're really young and getting addicted at that age will suck major dick since it'll ruin all your following years and the memory of getting high on opiates will be deeply impregnated in your brain, it's just a terrible idea

better save the opiates for a really shitty day... and that's it, IMO

I dont think u understand the consequences to your actions and your life will go straight to hell if u continue this...for the love of god go outside and be a kid.life was so simple when i was your age do not complicate it by becoming a junkie before u can drive...im barely hanging on to my life and i started using opiates at age 25..it will be fun for a while but with your brain still developing an opiate habit is the last thing u want to get into,it will change your mind and how it works and u will not feel any pleasure except from a pill

Take it from me man you're 13 years old do things that are common for your age. I started using drugs often at 18 now I'm 22 a full blown addict, no job, most people I know don't fuck with me anymore cuz of shady shit I did in the past only my dad talks to me in my family the rest got tired of my shit, I chose getting high over everything else in life. I have a 5 year old son I'm not involved with and my life sucks. Please chose a different path because addiction sneaks up on you.

Hello and welcome to Bluelight hon :)

Please take some time to read through the following thread.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/665970-Personal-Accounts-of-Addiction-What-s-Your-Story

Do you know what "withdrawals" are? If not let me know. I'll be happy to explain them to you, though unfortunately many people find out on their own. Especially thinking at first they're not so bad... thry get worse over time due to several factors.

I know how much I *HATED* being told what to do when I was 13. Please understand that the kind people telling you to quit while you're ahead are advising you this from a place of care, concern, and love. In fact, I'm with them.

If nothing anyone can say will convince you to stop, before you get in iver your head without realizing it until it's too late, then please read up on harm reduction. For example, pills with APAP will seriously hurt your liver, in a high enough dose, irreparably.

I'm glad you found your way here. There are a lot of very intelligent and caring people here....many who learned the HARD way.

Also check out the Shrine here, dedicated to members of BL who have passed away.

Edit: the Shrine:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/89-Bluelight-Shrine

You're so young, and there's still time to find healthier methods of coping with life that will spare your mind and body the sheer hell of destruction from drugs. And no, I'm not some puritanical prude. But there's a fine line between fun and irreversible damage sometimes.

What are some reasons you use? Are you trying to cope with troubling feelings, boredom, restlessness, etc? It's good to be self-aware, in any life situation, really.

Wishing you the best.

If you have any questions or need to talk, PM me.

Take good care of yourself.

Peace.

hey man welcome to blue light. I have to say dude I am 21 years old And im addicted to heroin, meth, percs, addies,roxi,and alcohol. I also started at a yung age (13). Now if i dont inject heroin and meth every day i have withdrawals so bad I can't get outta bed or even move! Please just take it from me man dont fuck around with percocets or any other prescription drug because the next thing that will come is heroin use, and you don't want that trust me. enjoy your life now when you're young cuz when you get older it gets a lot more stressful man. try to live happy without drugs as a crutch!!!

listen to everyone who just answered and quit while your ahead. your on a very slippery slope. I was 17 the first time I went through the dependency and withdrawals loop, and I cant even remember the first time I tried opiates, but it was wayyyy too young. probably about your age give or take a year. you don't want to go down that road. seriously, you don't. youll do your body more harm than you can imagine with an opiate problem, and youll slowly start losing family and friends. and any and all money you have. trust me.

Hi I am new to blue light and I'm 13, I have been using Percocet recreationally for about a month and had a plan to use once a week. But I recently got 10 10/325 generic Percocet (a333) and went through them in 2 weeks. Usually I only pop one 10mg but twice over the 2 weeks I did 15mg because 10mg wasn't as strong anymore. I used to smoke weed almost every day until my parents caught me and now I get drug tested a lot (10 panel). I use about twice a week now, how long till my tolerance goes up, how much should I increase when tolerance goes up, will twice a week use get me addicted?

Kid don't fall into the trap please get help immediately. Trust me on this, this ride won't end well for you. You have to be strong don't mess with opiates.

I believe that you're not addicted yet, you can easily quit and try to indulge in some healthy activites. There are many healthy and entertaining activities that doesn't involve drug use. If you don't want to ruin your life , stop using these drugs. If you don't, I'm afraid it will be very difficult for you to come back.

I started at 14 I'm 19 now and never happened to get physically addicted. BUT I still do it and would say I'm mentally addicted. Your playing with fire kid. I would seorisly warn you that it will get harder from here to just put it down and quite.

there's a lot of great advice here man I would take a little bit of everybody's two cents.you don't wanna lose your family, friends and life over it. jail is not a fun place at all. and if you continue all it will lead to is prison or death.

I know there is very little chance that you listen to my words, but trust me man this is not the kinda life that you want. Pills will take everything from you before you even notice. I know how things get tough at times and it can seem like there is no other option than to try to get away, but come on man you are 13. Give it just a few years and you will be out of school and able to move on with your life... keep up with this though...... and you will wish you had listened to my advice.

I'm assuming you're taking percs for the high & not for pain?

I'm gonna preach a little: we all come from different backgrounds, different families, different problems, etc.......so I understand wanting to use drugs to mentally escape, but if your family life is good, & you have nice parents, etc.....what are the reasons you're wanting to get high at such a young age?

At 13, you shouldn't be doing any drugs/alcohol, your mind /body are still developing......& for guys, our bodies still develop up to the age of 20.

If you're using the percs for pain, which I doubt you ate, then so be it.......but if you're looking to get high, the 10-15mgs of percs will turn into 50-70mgs of percs in a few months.......& since you're 13, I'm assuming you have no job, & not much money. Even if you're parents are rich, & you have disposable money, eventually your perc source will run dry, then you will look around & the only thing available will be heroin, & since you have that monkey on your back, you will convince yourself a snort of heroin will help, & then before you know it, you're 16 & hitting the needle (I hope you never go down this road, I haven't & hope I never do either)

Anyway, enough rambling, I think you get our message to you, from me & everyone else that decided to leave you some feedback on how bad it can get, take it easy......try playing sports, get involved with friends & video games (that can be addicting too, but its not as bad as drugs)

Before you know it, you wi have a gf, & you don't want an opiate addiction while you're just starting to date.

Are You Sure This Is What You Want....

I'm not going to warn you about what ifs or shit that "Could" happen I'm going to give you experiences.. We all have our own reason... Its a sad world when middle school students are fucking around...I started out using Clonazepam, Dilantin, and Percoset 30's for a few months... At 14. My reason was to numb the pain and escape reality and because someone close to me had introduced me to Opiates at 7-8.. They didn't let me use but used around me, but I envied him for being able to Heroin....

That was my goal when I was young to try Heroin... was neglected abused and not wanted in my home. I grew up by myself all the time. I was hurt so fucking much. By the time I was out of 4th grade I was already having suicidal thoughts and by the 6th I was drinking.. I grew up around drug use though so I was prone to it... Also I thought how you did.... When I first dipped my fingers in drugs I would tell myself every time "Your not addicted. You can quit anytime, but you don't have to"... That went to Hell... By Freshman year I was using Heroin... Half way thru the year I started doing Crystal Methamphetamine and Marijuana, Spice,Crack .I did that until that summer when one wasn't Enough so I used both Heroin and Meth... I was devastated because a guy who I was starting to warm up to died from the dope... I did pills, heroin, meth, and weed for close to 2 years... The end of my Sophomore year I started shooting up heroin. And smoking double the meth. My Junior year... After using Meth and Heroin daily and other drugs on the side.... I got stopped. The loved ones stepped in. I guess I looked like a different person. I wasn't eating and was sleeping all day. I was stealing. I was muling. Well I had to quit.... My family learned about everything... Even shooting up... I got clean for 1 month. But as soon as I could I went right back to it.... And now I am starting to get sickly again... I am hooked on Crystal Methamphetamine now. I have serious mental issues and depression.. I don't sleep... I can't cry. I can't laugh. I'm suicidal. I feel like a different person every day... Basically I'm fucked... I've relapsed 3 times.... I can get off... But I just get right back on... I have lost it all. I lost out on high school friends sports everything. I lost out on the perfect person because I am a druggie... People look at me funny. They talk shit... I can't go a day without being high... Don't walk in my shoes...

Please Kid.. I told you all that because you probably have your own reason... But if you have a good life and support and don't really have to many issues why compromise that... You could lose everything... This is a choice that will affect your life forever... There is no redo... I agree with these guys smoke some weed take this experience and remember it as dodging a bullet.... I can't stop you none of us can. If your going to use your going to use... There' only so much words can do...

I've seen this with my own eyes though many times happen to friends who went down the dark path... The fucking pills the booze and the weed.... A few months later they are smoking Heroin with me and others. After they appeared to be "Casually using" just pills... But now they are using full blown hard drugs. This carries its course... Through constant relapsing and patterns and maybe overdoses... Then it can turn to the needle and at that point your done there is no going back... I would know... And of course.... Life. Takes a few of your homies :( but you don't stop. You should stray away from the darkness... Go meet a fine someone and get to know them. Get a hobby. Just stay out of this game...

Last edited:
@ThatSpaceyKid,

Please read the rules for posting. Harm Reduction is the goal of this site, and you've given advice in the opposite direction.

I'm not trying to be rude. But that sort of "advice" can get you banned. And I don't want to see you banned, because it seems like you could benefit greatly from the information on harm reduction on this site.

Peace.

@ThatSpaceyKid

Please read the rules for posting. Harm Reduction is the goal of this site, and you've given advice in the opposite direction.

I'm not trying to be rude. But that sort of "advice" can get you banned. And I don't want to see you banned, because it seems like you could benefit greatly from the information on harm reduction on this site.

Peace.

;) I'll edit

Kiddo, you need to be honest with your parents. If you really are a kid.

You realize if you OD and died, they would be held responsible? It's obvious you are stealing the meds from somewhere. If you died, would you want to be branded as the "junkie thief" , I think not.

Your brain is still developing. You can do all sorts of damage using at a young age. You realize the gray matter is reduced in 13-17 yr olds that use drugs/alcohol? Is it worth the risk.