• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Percocet not working after 1st dose

gallen2002

Greenlighter
Hi, I take Percocet 10mg 6 a day. It was not6 doing anything for me until I started drinking tonic water and taking tums
now they work some what. The problem is I lose the effects of energy and motivation around 2pm. I them sometimes
take 3 more. That doesn't help a lot is that normal or is there something I can do to help. I have even taken an extra
6 and that doesn't make me feel good a lot. Hoping for some good advise

Gena

the only problem i see in you taking more..due to your tolerance of course,would be the APAP in them..bad for your liver in large doses..
now if they are the roxys then it would be fine to take more to achieve your high..but be careful my friend..the more you take the more likely you are to OD ..
and no one wants that and the fact that you may deal with the horrible pains of WD

well for one Tums make the drug last longer in your system (if you take it about 10-20 mins prior to your pain pill) which may help for longer pain relief.. As said above since your script has APAP (acetaminophen) you really don't want to go more than 2 grams (2000mg of APAP) per day or else you risk major liver damage (even more if you drink alcohol). If you truly aren't getting the pain relief from what you have been scripted I'd suggest talking to your doctor about time released oxy (aka oxycontin) to see if it helps your pain or maybe a higher dosage. Keep in mind that most doctors will not even consider giving you a new script until you've had a week's worth of trying it. Don't take more than you need and just consult your doctor after a week if it isn't working.

The problem is I lose the effects of energy and motivation around 2pm.

I am not sure I've understood your problem, but opiates are for pian relief not "energy and motivation"
That is an effect sought after in recreational use