• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Percocet and Lexapro

robbyrob

Bluelighter
So I read this thread https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/antidepressants-and-recreational-drugs-long.108959/

And I just want to make sure I understand it correctly to avoid serotonin syndrome. I am on 5mg of lexapro. It’s the smallest dose. I also have some 5mg Percocet. I am only going to drink one Percocet. So I’m looking at 5mg lexapro and 5mg Percocet. From what I read on the thread above I should have no problems. Just wondering if anyone ever mixed the 2.

Also does anyone know if lexapro is hard on the liver? I also have 5mg Oxycodone immediate release which I understand is Percocet without the Tylenol. Which you guys thinking would be best?

SSRIs
Citalopram (Celexa, Cipramil,Seropram) [23-75 hours]
Recreational Drug Interactions
Alcohol, GHB (and related substances), Benzos (Xanax, Valium, Klonopin etc), Opiates (Heroin, Codeine, Vicodin, Oxy etc), Barbituates, Ketamine: All of these drugs can be safely combined with SSRIs. You might be slightly more sensitive to alcohol, benzos, and barbituates (i.e.,they might fuck you up more than usual), otherwise, you should experience the drug as you would normally. Some people find that ketamine and opiates do not affect them as strongly.

As long as you're only consuming the things you listed then it's highly plausible you'll be just fine. Escitalopram has a negligible effect on the liver, esp at the dose you're taking. 5mg is barely the threshold dose to see minor results after a few weeks of use. 5mg shouldn't concern you at all and esp not for causing SS if Oxy is the only other drug.

I would always go for the 5mg IR oxycodone vs oxy loaded with APAP or liver poison when taken in large amounts. While it did some good in the very beginning by adding a little more pain relief, soon it bacame a method to control intake if one didn't want to die a horrible yellow skinned/ eyes death. Now that APAP is in EVERYTHING, from cough drops to allergy meds, stay as far away from it as possible and look into CWE or Cold Water Extract.

Stay Safe

I take/have-taken high dose SSRI and with high dose oxycodone and had zero interactive. Talk to a pharmacist if you're really worried. But honestly, mate, you'll be fine.

the aforementioned reference does not mention anything about the interactions with cocaine, mdma, and most common hallucinogens. How does the interaction between SSRI and these substances occur? could anyone provide some information on this?