• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Perampanel. (fycompa) experiences. and relationship to schizophrenia

theGirlWithBlueHair

Bluelighter
Alright. As some of you are aware a new ionotropic glutamate antagonist recently was approved. But this one is an AMPA receptor antagonist. In trials it was shown to cause dissociative effects similar to ketamine. Has anybody had a chance to try it yet? I imagine it's probably difficult to obtain but I'd really like to hear experiences and how l much it compares to NMDA antagonists like ketamine and dextromethorphan.

And as far as I can tell it's only a scheduled drug in the US! How is that possible? Why is the DEA screwing us. Every New drug that even dares to enter the brain gets a controlled substance sticker slapped on it... -_-

And if it causes these effects what are the implications for schizophrenia now that the AMPA receptor has been found to elicit similar effects. Its hard to say since it's so new and not many people have experienced it. Damn... I reeeaallly want to try this stuff...

I got my hands on 42 mg of the stuff. what's a dose to get the dissociative effects? i can't seem to find anything online

I don't see the point dxm ketamine PCP are clearly able to cause euphoria and chemical changes in rats in parts of the brain associated with reinforcement. Just because something is dissociative doesn't mean its worth taking or "fun". Salvias dissociative.

Although this medicine is new, it's already developed a bad reputation for its horrible side effects.

My doctor flat out refuses to prescribe it to anyone. If you do get it, definitely tread carefully.

From the prescription information
Studies of human abuse potential were performed to evaluate the abuse potential of FYCOMPA (8 mg, 24 mg, and 36 mg) as compared to alprazolam C-IV (1.5 mg and 3 mg), and oral ketamine C-III (100 mg) in recreational polydrug users. Supra-therapeutic doses produced responses comparable to ketamine 100 mg and significantly higher than both doses of alprazolam on a visual analog scale (VAS). Additionally, on VAS measures related to dissociative phenomena FYCOMPA at supra-therapeutic doses produced responses similar to ketamine 100 mg and greater than both doses of alprazolam tested. Of note, due to somnolence a number of subjects had missing data around Tmax of FYCOMPA. The above described data might represent an underestimate of FYCOMPA effects. The duration of effects of higher doses of FYCOMPA on the majority of measures was much greater than alprazolam 3 mg and ketamine 100 mg. In this study, the incidence of euphoria following FYCOMPA administration 8 mg, 24 mg, and 36 mg was 37%, 46%, 46%, respectively, which was higher than alprazolam 3 mg (13%) but lower than ketamine 100 mg (89%).
So even though it seems to be like ketamine in high doses it comes with a bunch of nasty side effects and the half life is like 105 hours.
Imo not worth the risk

Was there a placebo group? IMO based on someone one to ten basically how euphoric are isnt nearly enough to even consider

Hell in a pill

I have a script for it and one night I looked up the ketamine like dose on FDA's Full Script Info which I believe is 24-36mg but it's been awhile so look up the dose for your self. Anyways my experience was horrid. I experienced 0 euphoria. Instead I had no memory of my experience. I was vilotent and cursing at people I loved. I also could not walk at all. After that I made the decision to never take that dose again. To be honest, I didn't even want to take my precscibed dose ever again after that. I take it for sezires. Anyways I've taken ketamine in a medical setting for mild sedition and it convinced me to never take it while partying cause I hade a bad reaction while I was was under sedation cause I had a bad reaction again so maybe ketamine and I just don't agree.

in terms of it being hard to get... It absolutely is hard as hell to come by for those that don't have epilepsy with a script. Even amongst those with epilepsy it isn't a first line drug so not many people have scripts for it.

Last edited: