People Asking To BUY My BL Account!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sub21lime

Bluelighter
So ive been a member for 10 years, and all the sudden im getting these messages of people wanting to buy my bl account for $200. Its always $200 dollars.

Im guessing the article vice did on bluelight is the reasom were getting all these new members. But why are people asking to buy my account now? Is it because my account is 10 years old?

Is buying peoples account even allowed?

These are banned members creating alts to do the same thing they were banned for.

Can you please report the messages? Thanks

Its always $200 dollars.
Don't give him your money. You are allowed to report PMs and it will be taken care of.

That damn loch ness monster again...it's always the same with him

giphy.gif

Yeah if the users are banned, and the messages are from a while ago, it's been dealt with.

If they are recent or from unbanned users , please report

Thanks, mal :cool:

This issue matters to me a lot

edit:

wtf...

did I suddenly turn into Yoda?

This issue means a lot to me, Mal

Whew ... feels better

<3<3<3

id rather throw 4 bags out the window than take 200 bucks for my BL account, if you get banned you clearly did somthing that violated some form of the terms that you accept to abide by with each and every post.

leniency is always given as far as i can tell though. i remember about pf shoot, around damn, almost 10-12 years ago now, getting banned from an MMO (specifically was world of warcraft, don't remember what for, i think i bought 'gold' aka the form of currency used which is appearently against the terms' and i didn't get a 3day ban it was permanent, so if warned once and ive seen multiple time cases, then accept the consequences of actions i somtimes accidentally oopsie while too intoxicated but i try to review my posts to make sure theyre alright

I know it's against the rules but I think I should be able to give my phone number out what if someone lives near me n we wanna meet up

I know it's against the rules but I think I should be able to give my phone number out what if someone lives near me n we wanna meet up
hm. i didn't see that in the terms, but i do need to get a new prescription because stims are making my vision absolutely trash, i agree though, your own info/identity should belong entirely to you and be at your discretion but rules are rules i suppose?

hm. i didn't see that in the terms, but i do need to get a new prescription because stims are making my vision absolutely trash, i agree though, your own info/identity should belong entirely to you and be at your discretion but rules are rules i suppose?

Yea give someone your number and you'll get a point against you I have 2 against me now just for giving someone my number we should petition to change that rule lol

Yea give someone your number and you'll get a point against you I have 2 against me now just for giving someone my number we should petition to change that rule lol
well i prefer to just go with the flow because i don't particularly enjoy creating conflict however i believe in owning your personal information strongly but in society we have to follow the rules one does not simply show up at a formal dinner butt-ass naked, but then again one should be able to give anyone they choose the shirt off their back if they so choose, i don't even know where this analogy is going, i need to chemically adjust myself alittle, clearly

well i prefer to just go with the flow because i don't particularly enjoy creating conflict however i believe in owning your personal information strongly but in society we have to follow the rules one does not simply show up at a formal dinner butt-ass naked, but then again one should be able to give anyone they choose the shirt off their back if they so choose, i don't even know where this analogy is going, i need to chemically adjust myself alittle, clearly

Lol I feel you bro it'll prally never change anyways

So ive been a member for 10 years, and all the sudden im getting these messages of people wanting to buy my bl account for $200. Its always $200 dollars.

Im guessing the article vice did on bluelight is the reasom were getting all these new members. But why are people asking to buy my account now? Is it because my account is 10 years old?

Is buying peoples account even allowed?

To revisit the POINT of the thread - if these are requests from the member account 'Gengar' he was banned for this behaviour but may resurface under another name (and get banned again). If you have a PM from 'Gengar' you can ignore it since it has been addressed. If you get a request from some other account name, please use the REPORT function so staff can chase him down and deal with it. Thanks.

Vice did an article on BL? Anyone have the link? Did they mention any usernames or quote anybody?

The search engine is your friend. But to save you some time, here is a link to the article we published about it which is still visible on our home page. We worked with the author in gathering the background material, and overall felt the article was both fair and somewhat flattering. You can read the Vice article (linked from what I just provided) and decide for yourself.

See my signature. Please read the BLUA, especially #4.
And yes you can be banned.

Building upon this - several of us have the Bluelight User Agreement (BLUA) linked in our signatures to keep it available. It is also atop the forum listings page. In addition, forums keep their own local rules to which members should adhere. BLUA protects the overall site and it's members, while local forum rules are developed and enforced by the local forum mods in order to best handle the subject matter they focus upon.

I’ve been asked to sell my account a couple times too. When I asked why they said they wanted to become a mod. I thought to myself why the fuck u want my account for then? Lol
Sarah marshal was the first to ask

Sarah marshal was the first to ask

Also banned, and was an alt of Gengar. He went through a fistful of them.

Anyone - see if the message is from a banned account, if so you can delete and move on.

See my signature. Please read the BLUA, especially #4.
And yes you can be banned.
Thank you.
Did I come close to breaking number 4?
I sure hope not.
If I did I didn’t mean to and would like to delete it if you can please point me in the right direction.

To revisit the POINT of the thread - if these are requests from the member account 'Gengar' he was banned for this behaviour but may resurface under another name (and get banned again). If you have a PM from 'Gengar' you can ignore it since it has been addressed. If you get a request from some other account name, please use the REPORT function so staff can chase him down and deal with it. Thanks.

The search engine is your friend. But to save you some time, here is a link to the article we published about it which is still visible on our home page. We worked with the author in gathering the background material, and overall felt the article was both fair and somewhat flattering. You can read the Vice article (linked from what I just provided) and decide for yourself.

Building upon this - several of us have the Bluelight User Agreement (BLUA) linked in our signatures to keep it available. It is also atop the forum listings page. In addition, forums keep their own local rules to which members should adhere. BLUA protects the overall site and it's members, while local forum rules are developed and enforced by the local forum mods in order to best handle the subject matter they focus upon.

View attachment 17045

Damn, LoveBandit! You didn't just throw shade with this post, you threw the damn tree!

I always thought there was something...off...about Gengar. But $200?! Fuck me! Why would you want someone's account that much?

Status
Not open for further replies.