• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment PeHP pills to prevent HIV infection. My situation

Boku_

Bluelighter

For PrEP, you take a pill every day by mouth. The pill that was shown to be safe and to help block HIV infection is called “Truvada” (pronounced tru vá duh). Truvada is a combination of two drugs (tenofovir and emtricitabine).

This medication is available on the PBS in Australia so I could probably get a month's supply for $6.50 AUD.

I am at a high risk of being exposed to the HIV virus because I was born as a intersex baby.

Are there any Doctors on the blue light forum? I have a question about HIV and hermaphrodite's medically known as intersex individuals?

As a baby I had surgery to conceal my internal female sexual organs. I look more like a male as I have bodily hair and facial hair but my physical body and muscle mass is more similar to a female.

In other words I am a man with the physical strength of a female. I don't have breasts but my upper body has no muscle definition like an average built man.

I really should have taken testosterone hormones during my teenage years of puberty to booster the levels of natural testosterone in my growing body in order for my muscle mass to develop to a level of strength more typical of a average man than my natural pyschical appearance of flabby weak and thin arms with no visible muscle definition in the biceps shoulders or triceps.

The reason why I didn't undergo testosterone hormone therapy as a teen was that therapy wasn't covered by the PBS or Medicare because how rare intersex born individuals are in Australia and in my case back in the early 1990's only private medical clinics provided testosterone hormone therapy and my parents couldn't afford to pay the treatment costs that were priced in ten's of thousands of Australian dollars.

Why I mention being born a intersex person in relation to HIV is that intersex person's can be exposed to the HIV virus and not get sick. Like a man or woman with red hair that can be infected with HIV and host the virus with a resistance to getting sick and developing AIDS which is fatal for everyone else.

I was unlucky or depending how you look at it extremely lucky to be born a intersex baby because I was exposed to the HIV virus as a teenager. Not once but twice. It's a long story but I was jabbed with a dirty needle full of HIV+ blood as well as forced to have sex with a man infected with HIV to cure his virus.

The only difference between a person with red hair and a intersex person hosting the virus is the intersex person can apparently have the infection for their whole life but if they eat to much spicy food or drink a certain pink liquid they can lose their resistance to the HIV virus and start getting sick.

That's why I ask if I would be suitable to take peEP tablets. Would this treatment prevent a intersex hosting HIV from becoming infected like the rest of the population?

I also inject meth and heroin so would prEP stop me getting infected with a new strain of the HIV?

I also inject meth and heroin so would prEP stop me getting infected with a new strain of the HIV?
You can get more than one strain of HIV infection; it is probably best to get tested on a regular basis and only use new needles, new cookers/water sources, and what not. Injection drug use is a lot more likely to get someone Hep C statistically as it does not die on a surface over time/environmental conditions unlike hiv. You should make sure you are getting tested for at least hiv, hep c and std screen if you are living an "active lifestyle" and are afraid of these things.

My understanding is PREP/PEP won't stop a new strain infection unless it is "effective" when it needs to be; it's not the same as a daily drug combination intended for people with active infections but I am not familiar at all with these drugs.

It's a long story but I was jabbed with a dirty needle full of HIV+ blood as well as forced to have sex with a man infected with HIV to cure his virus.
Without knowing specifics I want to reassure you and say both events don't have 100% transmission rates; there is a chance you are not infected and shouldn't worry unduly. Hope you are well.

I'm not trying to get on a high horse here but injecting heroin/meth typically isn't like the icing on the cake in life, most people end up with a tirade of life issues/complaints/addiction/death from these, please be careful. They are the most reinforcing drugs to many people (seemingly myself included though I only had an addiction to heroin/buprenorphine and have had no issues quitting stimulant use). It's just not good for you (I'm sure you don't want to hear this, neither would I, but the truth is more important imo).

For PrEP, you take a pill every day by mouth. The pill that was shown to be safe and to help block HIV infection is called “Truvada” (pronounced tru vá duh). Truvada is a combination of

I am at a high risk of being exposed to the HIV virus because I was born as a

I was unlucky or depending how you look at it extremely lucky to be born a intersex baby because I was exposed

The only difference between a person with red hair and a intersex person hosting the virus is the intersex person can apparently have the infection for their whole life but if they eat to much spicy food or drink a certain pink liquid they can lose their resistance to the HIV virus and start getting sick.

That's why I ask if I would be suitable to take peEP tablets. Would this treatment prevent a intersex hosting HIV from becoming infected like the rest of the population?

I didn't quite get the gist of it. Are you HIV positive or do you believe you are due to having been exposed to a potential transmission?
Either way I recommend researching the matter further and not relying on your current theory, because to my knowledge, neither intersex people nor red haired people possess an innate immunity either against HIV or the outbreak of AIDS as a consequence of an infection.