View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: Tripping Past 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
keep discovering more and more psychill mixes i need to listen to on acid every fresh song is so mind blowing but then i look at endless catalogues and it would take be like 40 trips to work my way through so masterful underground art.

My problem is, how do i take psychedelics without needing benzos. I take 4g of phenibut a day but my anxiety is pretty bad (or perhaps it's because of it).

Only psychedelic I feel like I don't need a benzo is smoked 4-ho-met but even the freebase irritates lungs. Even 10ug of 1p-lsd has me on edge

My problem is, how do i take psychedelics without needing benzos. I take 4g of phenibut a day but my anxiety is pretty bad (or perhaps it's because of it).

Only psychedelic I feel like I don't need a benzo is smoked 4-ho-met but even the freebase irritates lungs. Even 10ug of 1p-lsd has me on edge
If your on 4g of phenibut i think its probably best not to skip benzos if tripping. You ever try DMT anxiety melts away once you breakthrough.

If your on 4g of phenibut i think its probably best not to skip benzos if tripping. You ever try DMT anxiety melts away once you breakthrough.

Yes ive smoked it. Guess i never broke through. A few times i was fine, other times i felt like curling up into a ball from the intense anxiety. The doses were not high enough.

I once took ~350mg of 4-aco-dmt due to benzo disinhibition and despite taking more benzos (much more) i lost my shit and wound up at a hospital. I had an overwhelming sense I was going to die but aside from some extreme blood pressure (200/180) i was fine.

Here is what happens often times. I take a psychedelic, and then I get spooked. As a result i take some benzos, and then all of a sudden i have balls of steel and take more. This rarely ends up well. Taking a psychedelic on significant doses of benzos (or perhaps any benzos) is akin to not taking the psychedelic at all in my experience.

Smoked 4-ho-met is the only psychedelic that i can take without feeling like i need benzo, but its hard on the lungs.

Out of curiosity, why do you say, "if your on 4g of phenibut i think its probably best not to skip benzos if tripping"?

I wish i was the kind of person who could take 200ug and not feel like i need a benzodiazepine.

mainly due to the anxiety you describe it would not be a good trip if you had to also deal with rebound anxiety for example if you did not take the phenibut that day. As psychedelics really increase our current state of mind having a anxiety attack on things like LSD is truly traumatic if benzos are not on hand.

You could maybe try getting a daily mindfulness routine and after a few months take a psychedelic and meditate to see if you can reduce your anxiety via that way. Im not a psychologist though and only have social anxiety where i sketch out tripping around people but home alone in my own bed i have never had a bad time.

I think the come up is one of the roughest parts of a trip the first 2-3 hours of say LSD on high dose can be brutal til things smooth out at 4 hours. If i had access to benzos i would probably be tempted to take them on alot more trips during those moments where things get tough. Meditation has helped my come ups and i believe at the dmt nexus they call it a mental back flip meditating before the trip then taking the dose and meditating all the way to the peak requires practice but it does help during hard parts where you can let go easier and not get caught up in the torrent of endless psychedelic thoughts and visions.

Certain music can help chill out the trip aswell by having a go to album you know you love and have tripped to a few times knowing its always going to save your trip and give you good vibes is a technique i use aswell.

I also mainly just trip in total darkness now as to much bright lights on high doses sketch's me out i find it over stimulating i find complete darkness with a fan peaceful and headphones. But everybody is different trying to maximize you most comfortable setting by identifying from your experience of tripping where you feel most at peace whenever it be sitting in nature your own bed etc.

It would be awesome if psychedelics were legal then you could trip with a proper guide like stanislov grof and his clients in the 1950s til 1970s.

I would recommend psychill on trips carbon based lifeforms saved me from a terrifying trips before.

Phenibut mixes with psychedelics really well, I find it works really well to produce positive trips with minimal anxiety, and doesn't kill the trips like benzos do, either. But I know you take it at night for sleep. But don't you feel it throughout the day, too? When I take phenibut it lasts for an entire 24 hour period. Though I make it a rule to never take it every day, even when I'm addicted to it (like now still a little) I don't take it every day.

I once took ~350mg of 4-aco-dmt
Holy Jesus.

Here is what happens often times. I take a psychedelic, and then I get spooked. As a result i take some benzos, and then all of a sudden i have balls of steel and take more. This rarely ends up well. Taking a psychedelic on significant doses of benzos (or perhaps any benzos) is akin to not taking the psychedelic at all in my experience.
Totally identify with that, although a good portion of the time I've taken some sedating dissociative rather than benzos. This is obviously not exactly the same but IMO it is comparable because even though dissos typically kick the trip up a notch as opposed to subduing it, or perhaps a neutral effect at best - they still make it a lot easier to bear which is kinda sidestepping the hard part of using psychedelics and trying to have your cake and eat it too. It's maybe easier to ignore that that's what you're doing with dissos though because the resulting trip is usually so experientially mindblowing even if it's perhaps a lot more superficial than it appears... I've typically combined benzos with just LSD whereas tryptamines I'm more inclined to reach for dissos, not sure why this is, but benzos definitely have the same effect of making the trip still superficially interesting, visually nice, etc, etc, but also taking something away.

Anyway I second the suggestion about meditation and mindfulness, there really isn't a discipline of mind that these practices don't help - and handling anxiety whether it's psychedelically induced or not really is a discipline of mind, IMO, although the word discipline can be easily misinterpreted in an unhelpful way, I think. Eh, I can't think of another word.

I take 4g of phenibut a day but my anxiety is pretty bad (or perhaps it's because of it).
I'd say definitely phenibut isn't helping at this point. I think phenibut is a kind of deceptive substance as much as I am a fan of it's effects for the most part, but in many ways I think it can end up being Benzos-Lite, so to speak. The effects seem good and aftereffects fairly innocuous but IMO/IME there can be creeping long term effects that are hard to spot because they're kind of subtle. But, if you're using 4g every day you probably already know you're somewhat psychologically dependent. IMO at this dose most people would be getting seriously diminishing returns and strong rebound anxiety. I would personally try to reduce your dose of phenibut, someway somehow. Easier said than done I know.

Tripping brings out your demons. If ur not ready, it can be overwhelming.

As far as anxiety goes on psychedelics goes I find that much of the anxiety happens during the come up. Then it evens out. I would say not to take a benzo during that time if you can help it (more than what it takes for you to maintain normally at least). Try to make it through the first couple hours to the point where it levels out on its own. Shit sometimes the anxiety fades so fast after the comeup it makes the rest of the high feel like i took a benzo just because of the sudden lack of anxiety. I guess I get that more with high dose tryptamines than I do with acid, but I would say resist that initial temptation at the beginning of the journey. Or, take a very light dose of a benzo as a planned combination if you must, at a set time.
It does seem like you have a bit of a reliance on that class of drugs and I doubt anxiety will totally stop being an issue until you taper those down.

I would recommend psychill on trips carbon based lifeforms saved me from a terrifying trips before.

I love listening to that kind of music. I'm a sucker for chilling and psychedelia. Carbon Based Lifeforms is especially chill. I like making my own mixes to keep the variety up. My select playlist has about 48 hours of music in it hand picked to make for a laid back trip atmosphere.

I’ve been having some hard comedowns on acid lately and some anxiety climbing. I just lie in bed until dream cycle kicks in.

I've tripped a lot when I was very worried about things in my life, I've learnt to place the anxious feelings sometimes or sometimes even ignore them despite the psychedelic doing it's thing.
It's not that hard to 'hide' from yourself on most psychedelics, although some tryptamines can be more rough. This might sound sad, but to me psychedelics are nuanced escapism, an ultimate exercise for the brain, body and senses, but the price to pay was to become somewhat desensitized to the things it shows you. It's not that I don't learn anything, it's that my real problems go deeper than I have ever been on my trips.
That said, I love tripping more than ever, and I too like my psychedelics pure, free from the superficiality that comes with dissos and benzos (imo)

Idk guys I love the benzo+psych combo, I don't trip without them anymore. I have medical reasons to stay on low doses of benzos but I still push the dose on psychs and still trip. Now opioids+benzos+psychs... pleasurable but the trip does indeed become very muted. Better for the pure hedonist/escapist trip.

I don't think I'll ever trip again without preloading benzos to be quite frank, but also I don't think I'll ever go without benzos a day ever again unless my medical issues with my gut somehow resolve themselves at some point. Perhaps my long term tolerance allows the psychs to still break through; for instance, last night I took 15mg psilacetin (first trip in many weeks) on top of some o-dsmt and a few large doses of etizolam (14mg over the day total) and I still had a strong period of visuals, looping thoughts, 'the fear', etc. Very much blunted but at the time that's what I wanted, I've been stressed lately and needed some comforting.

YMMV but I don't believe in the 'benzos kill trips' mantra. 10mg diazepam saved my mind on a 750ug AL-LAD trip once but the visuals didn't stop, it just kept me from pacing in circles and broke my thought looping, allowing me to lay down and just breathe finally.

Idk guys I love the benzo+psych combo, I don't trip without them anymore. I have medical reasons to stay on low doses of benzos but I still push the dose on psychs and still trip. Now opioids+benzos+psychs... pleasurable but the trip does indeed become very muted. Better for the pure hedonist/escapist trip.

I don't think I'll ever trip again without preloading benzos to be quite frank, but also I don't think I'll ever go without benzos a day ever again unless my medical issues with my gut somehow resolve themselves at some point. Perhaps my long term tolerance allows the psychs to still break through; for instance, last night I took 15mg psilacetin (first trip in many weeks) on top of some o-dsmt and a few large doses of etizolam (14mg over the day total) and I still had a strong period of visuals, looping thoughts, 'the fear', etc. Very much blunted but at the time that's what I wanted, I've been stressed lately and needed some comforting.

YMMV but I don't believe in the 'benzos kill trips' mantra. 10mg diazepam saved my mind on a 750ug AL-LAD trip once but the visuals didn't stop, it just kept me from pacing in circles and broke my thought looping, allowing me to lay down and just breathe finally.

I think of course it is very different if you take benzos on a daily basis. For someone like me who doesn't, benzos remove any possible insight and sort of puts up a wall where I only really continue to get the visuals. And then of course there are the amnestic qualities. Benzos sort of remove you from the situation and make you feel like a spectator rather than a participant.

That said, when i took that 350mg of 4-aco-dmt on a ton of benzos i sure felt like a participant and the anxiety was still through the roof despite at least 10mg of etizolam. I was sort of sucked into this nauseating churning ocean of black and white. It was revolting. The horror of horrors. That said im sure that the 10mg of etizolam protected my psyche immensely. I was able to bounce back quickly, although during the trip i felt like i had seen things so differently that i would likely require inpatient psychiatric care for weeks to come. That might have actually played out had i not been as removed as i likely was from the situation due to benzos. And yet i still wound up in the ER, but mostly because i was convinced I was dying. I was released in perhaps 5 hours.

Fuck i have been peaking for ages as to be expected on two tabs. kind of wish i dosed 300 ug + instead of just 250 ug. There is still that massive leap in the experince between 250 and 300. 300 makes sure you get to see god. sun rose at 5 am just as the peak hit me spent ages looking at a rock outside mind blown by the intricate patterns and unique formation on this rock.

That sounds beautiful. I have some LSD, mushrooms, 4-AcO-MiPT, 2C-C and D and I'm feeling a little inspired.
Might have to make me a cocktail. Except I will be staying in. I don't especially need to go out into the cold apocalyptic waste land that I have been living in.

Status
Not open for further replies.