View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ [PD Social Tripping Thread] NEW! Gather here for swirly talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess who's back on the tree-meow train, after too many months! Yep, as of about 10 minutes ago. I couldn't wait for the 2 hour onset so I did 10mg intranasal, I found that to only take about 40 minutes. Yes, I is addict. I want my drugs and I want them yesterday! Please excuse me in advance if I start talking about Jesus and Godness again. I'm sure 'they' have a lot to tell me because it has been so long since the last transmission. Yes, I also is crazy. Is fun.

Oh my God, that smell...brings me back quick. I guess it is the 3meo beginning to metabolize, the only way I can describe it is like entering the gates of heaven, floating on the puffy white clouds. I associate this smell with pure magic.

8267961_f520.jpg

Gates-of-Heaven-1.jpg

spiritmindsoul.jpg

Meanwhile listening to the most recent Armin Van Buuren ASOT mix. I VJ'd for Armin once a few years ago, it was similarly gates-of-heaven-feeling-inducing

I was reading some quantum field theory books last night, and I suddenly understood some concepts and equations that had always been kind of beyond me before... When I was a physics undergraduate, I initially planned to specialize on particle physics, but had to change that to "complex classical mechanical systems" because some things about QFT were too difficult to understand. But last night I suddenly saw how those things (handling particle interactions with time-dependent perturbation theory, to be specific) made sense. I had always tried to approach those problems in the wrong way, before. I'm not sure if the thursday's ololiuqui trip somehow opened me to think about new approaches to those mathematical problems, or is it just that my mind is now less clouded after quitting regular alcohol use (which was a huge problem for me some years ago when I was an undergraduate).

Definitely excellent for visualization and out-of-the-box thinking.. :D

My intentions for next week are much less alcohol and much more LSD =D Refound theanine is a welcome ally..

Made a new friend, first since I recently started living in my new place - getting more active (fixing up hardwood entrance of my mother's old rustic house, wow what a chore), satisfied with my dexamph script ... things are bouncing back for me..

@Armin: I used to live near where he has always lived, and back when I used to spin trance (once made it to finals in dj competition in that same town: Leiden, the Netherlands), I ran into him into his favorite record store near where we live... that was a decade ago or more, he was still gathering his fame then.. :) was a fan, until I started getting into more obscure experimental electronica. I think Armin is a good guy and it's fine that he got legendary and commercial, am happy for him. Tiesto on the other hand is not half as good as everyone thinks he is - faking too much stuff and outsourcing production, a bit of a douche - his fame is puffed up (although magik 6 remains legend, but thats even more decades ago lol).

Selling my glass brewing flasks (40L total - about 10 gallons) for like a tap bucket.. and brewing some cider with smoked wood.. mm

Last edited:
Tripped properly yesterday for the first time in half a decade-ish. More on it later. In the meanwhile, I'd like to give you a lovely quote that quite encapsulates the theme of the experience:

V.I. Lenin said:
...When Comrade Bukharin speaks of “logical” grounds, his whole reasoning shows that he takes—unconsciously, perhaps—the standpoint of formal or scholastic logic, and not of dialectical or Marxist logic. Let me explain this by taking the simple example which Comrade Bukharin himself gives. In the December 30 discussion he said:

“Comrades, many of you may find that the current controversy suggests something like this: two men come in and invite each other to define the tumbler on the lectern. One says:‘It is a glass cylinder, and a curse on anyone who says different.’ The other one says:‘A tumbler is a drinking vessel, and a curse on anyone who says different’”

The reader will see that Bukharin’s example was meant to give me a popular explanation of the harm of one-track thinking. I accept it with gratitude, and in the one-good turn-deserves-another spirit offer a popular explanation of the difference between dialectics and eclecticism.

A tumbler is assuredly both a glass cylinder and a drinking vessel. But there are more than these two properties, qualities or facets to it; there are an infinite number of them, an infinite number of “mediacies” and inter-relationships with the rest of the world. A tumbler is a heavy object which can be used as a missile; it can serve as a paper weight, a receptacle for a captive butterfly, or a valuable object with an artistic engraving or design, and this has nothing at all to do with whether or not it can be used for drinking, is made of glass, is cylindrical or not quite, and so on and so forth.

Moreover, if I needed a tumbler just now for drinking, it would not in the least matter how cylindrical it was, and whether it was actually made of glass; what would matter though would be whether it had any holes in the bottom, or anything that would cut my lips when I drank, etc. But if I did not need a tumbler for drinking but for a purpose that could be served by any glass cylinder, a tumbler with a cracked bottom or without one at all would do just as well, etc.

Formal logic, which is as far as schools go (and should go, with suitable abridgements for the lower forms), deals with formal definitions, draws on what is most common, or glaring, and stops there. When two or more different definitions are taken and combined at random (a glass cylinder and a drinking vessel), the result is an eclectic definition which is indicative of different facets of the object, and nothing more.

Dialectical logic demands that we should go further. Firstly, if we are to have a true knowledge of an object we must look at and examine all its facets, its connections and “mediacies”. That is something we cannot ever hope to achieve completely, but the rule of comprehensiveness is a safeguard against mistakes and rigidity. Secondly, dialectical logic requires that an object should be taken in development, in change, in “self-movement” (as Hegel sometimes puts it). This is not immediately obvious in respect of such an object as a tumbler, but it, too, is in flux, and this holds especially true for its purpose, use and connection with the surrounding world. Thirdly, a full “definition” of an object must include the whole of human experience, both as a criterion of truth and a practical indicator of its connection with human wants. Fourthly, dialectical logic holds that “truth is always concrete, never abstract”, as the late Plekhanov liked to say after Hegel.

Holy shit I am drunk on 2m2b later this week I should have some 1-ethynylcyclohexanol.... Gahhh to many addictive drugs and not enough paychedelics!:(

Tripped properly yesterday for the first time in half a decade-ish. More on it later. In the meanwhile, I'd like to give you a lovely quote that quite encapsulates the theme of the experience

Interested in hearing more details...

That quote reminds me of some thoughts I've had while tripping, which revolve around the notion that it's impossible to ever completely define something, because there will always be further aspects of the object that remain unknown.

Holy shit I am drunk on 2m2b later this week I should have some 1-ethynylcyclohexanol.... Gahhh to many addictive drugs and not enough paychedelics!:(

Be careful, IIRC, that 1-ECX can really screw up your CYP450's.

Ehhh so they say but all the times I've used it I never noticed an issue! Thanks for the warning though!

:) Alright, so you have taken it before? Is it as good as 2m2b? I liked the latter..

Here is a peyote caespitosa ssp grafted on top of a san pedro I grew:

NSFW:
KVtAwxe.jpg

Wow -- that's really neat man!

TY yeah it is isnt it :D

I was rushed to do it cause the Peyote has health problems.. anyway I grafted it onto a few others as well, I uploaded a few more pics I find interesting..

http://imgur.com/a/BE0Ze

The biggest plant is a Baobab, the bizarre Madagascar tree.. The two little ones are Euphorbia or Madagascar Jewel, also pretty strange looking when they grow up, like a Cactus corndog on a stick, with normal zebra'd leaves..
The succulent also has a very small peyote graft. The peyote is of a cultivar that pups insanely, so the grafts will look especially gnarly, warting in every direction.. since the peyote graft is about halfway on the Peres, hopefully one day it will look like it just randomly has a tumor halfway down.
The caudex growing vines is Elephant's foot, it can grow up to look like a tortoise shell.. like the baobab it can randomly drop all greens and decide when the season is right to grow again - some people throw their baobab under the bed for 6 months like hibernation..
I also am busy grafting onto the slender cactus, which actually grows vine-like (grandiflorus) - will also make other strange combinations like putting that on top of the succulent pereskiopsis..

Also passiflora and a Salvia that is completely twisted, but what salvia isn't twisted?

I've been thinking of growing San Pedro and Torch in a mini greenhouse with LED grow lights and a possibility to artificially add CO2 in the air to speed up growth...

I have a two Y/O San Pedro growing in my home :)
It's growing pretty slowly though, not much sun in the apartment.

The "problem" with cacti is that once you've taken care of them for 2 years and they're big enough for a single dose of mescaline, you probably don't want to eat them because you have developed an attachment to them.

One thing I've wondered is, would 50-100 or so of small cacti that are about 6 months old, contain as much mescaline as one larger cactus?

Well all of this set me on a mescaline research binge. I'm so very interested in procuring some now.

Hey Nineteen at 103db in perfect clarity w/ a 'couple bowls of some pretty good mj -- finished a big project that took 3 of us 9 days to complete. (And it's pretty awesome work, I must say.) I have no beer, no wine...no whiskey. Unusual.

The "problem" with cacti is that once you've taken care of them for 2 years and they're big enough for a single dose of mescaline, you probably don't want to eat them because you have developed an attachment to them.

One thing I've wondered is, would 50-100 or so of small cacti that are about 6 months old, contain as much mescaline as one larger cactus?

Haha I agree with the attachment, I dont really feel like slicing it up anytime soon.

Another thing I wondered about cacti us how do the alkaloid content transfer between cuttings. . . Like, if I grow a cacti from a cutting from an old cactus, will the new cactus have a greater alkaloid content than a cactus grown from seeds? I guess the alkaloid content depends on the growth state more than it does on the height of the cactus, hence my doubt. But don't know a whole lot about cactus physiology, so I don't even know if my doubt makes sense hahahah....maybe it's time to learn.

Another thing I wondered about cacti us how do the alkaloid content transfer between cuttings. . . Like, if I grow a cacti from a cutting from an old cactus, will the new cactus have a greater alkaloid content than a cactus grown from seeds? I guess the alkaloid content depends on the growth state more than it does on the height of the cactus, hence my doubt. But don't know a whole lot about cactus physiology, so I don't even know if my doubt makes sense hahahah....maybe it's time to learn.

I'm not sure, but plants have telomeres in their chromosomes just like humans and animals, so there should be some changes in their physiology as they age, and a cactus grown from a cutting is probably in a cell physiological sense "as old" as the cactus the cutting was taken from.

Status
Not open for further replies.