• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Thread: N-Dimensional Funhouse of Possibilities

theacidtest said:
you'd be surprised by the number of infantryman who are fixated and enthralled by the idea of violence and power.

Those are precisely the sort of people I'd expect to join the military or the police. Imaging the kind of people who'd become executioners, I'm not surprised by the number of botched executions we have.

psoli said:

My, my, you've been quite busy lately. Sounds wonderful, enjoy your well earned felicity.

@solipsis - what is it with people on PD and love in autumn? has the world gone upside down and the hormones rush when the leaves fall? wth? :p haha glad for you man, enjoy this time and may it last forever. though nothing really is as sweet as the beginning of discovering another person...

military men and police seem a bit different to me. though both a bit hypermasculine jobs. though push come to shove i think i could work as a cop more than a infantry man, provided i dont have to physically interact with the opponent. i would much rather enforce rules that society has agreed are to be respected (and indeed, cry as we might about them and the drug war, they re mainly doing their job only; think everything from premeditated murder to blue collar crime) than kill off some other countries dudes because the big man in the capital thinks the state line is a bit off.
there are bad apples in all cases though, sadly.

^Push come to shove, I'd have to take the opposite viewpoint, I'd rather be in the army, I am particularly prone to in-group/out-group thinking, a staunch foreign policy realist, and I'm too poorly socialized to tolerate enforcing the rules, though I have no problem with those who do, needs of the many and all.

kingme said:

Where I live there are two seasons, summer and not summer.

Rog said:
hell0 swirly folks, hope all is well.

Ro~ger, what's up, how've things been, seen or experienced anything beautiful lately?

Last edited:
haha, i kinda like the seasonal changes. though im not much of a fan of the deep arctic colds of late january ...

^I experienced four seasons while living back east for year, and I loved it. Winter was horrible (prolly 'cause my California clothes were inadequate, or my being acclimated to warmer weather led my attempts to insulate myself inadequate). Autumn was so beautiful, and I learned the joy of spring. Seriously, on the first t-shirt day of spring, I was absolutely euphoric, and the cherry blossoms were blooming everywhere. It was pure magic.

psy997 said:
On a slightly more random note, does anyone here listen to Eric Prydz/Pryda/Cirez D?

Just listened to a song from each. Not my thing. I'm more into downtempo, like Zero 7, for instance.

Now, y'all know about my waxing nationalistic about the Golden State, but let me say that I am not alone, maybe its a Los Angeles thing, or a SoCal thing, but here's an excerpt from a local paper (not in the opinion section), re: a report ranking states by well being (we were middle of the pack):

Bob Rector said:
Using that yardstick, the OECD has appointed New Hampshire as the most desirable place to live in the United States. We all know New Hampshire as the place that emerges like Brigadoon out of the mists every four years and conducts the first presidential primary election. It's significance is debatable. However, there's some entertainment value in the watching the wandering hordes of media types bundled in their best L.L. Bean winter gear trying to be profound in a place that defines quaint. We also this about New Hampshire: Summer lasts about two weeks. The rest of the year consists of blizzards, ice storms, white outs, and avalanches. Looking for a winter wonderland? Average annual snowfall ranges from a inches to more than 100 inches across the state. And speaking of "white," almost 94 per cent of the population features that skin tone. We know New Hampshire as a place of rugged beauty and rugged individualism. After all, this is a state that doesn't require seat belts or motorcycle helmets. "Live Free or Die"? More like "Live Free and Die.".....As one wag observed, the state is a "pack of syrup-swilling squirrel worshipers." Sound like the kind of place you'd want to live? Me neither.

Last edited:
...in full Spring down in Australia here, lovely flowers and perfumes on the warm northerly winds :)

But freezing cold right now.

I am almost nervous about summer after earlier this years heatwave. So intense, my fingers melted, my ears froze, platypi took over the town...

willow said:
I am almost nervous about summer after earlier this years heatwave. So intense, my fingers melted, my ears froze, platypi took over the town...
Shit, that's hot as we can be. Can't recall being in more than 110 F myself. Fuck Arizona and it's 90 F nights. Coldest I've ever been in is 19 F, in DC. Not counting the -5 F freezer unit of a warehouse I've visited.

THR - Come to Asheville, then you'll have also had fun in North Carolina. :)

I had such a fun time at the birthday party the other night. Took some DOC early in the day and then a bit of MXE at night at the party... had a few drinks and had epic conversations. Later at night I tried smoking ~12mg of MXE and it was very interesting, a different feeling. I stayed up really late though, yesterday pretty much all I did was watch Game of Thrones and talk to my parents. I feel pretty good today though. :) I'm starting to really look forward to Halloween, it's pretty close now.

What's everyone doing for Halloween?

Wow. 8o That's really hot...

^I'm hoping I have a party to host/go to on Halloween. My friends here are so unreliable that I might have jack squat for Halloween...

Here in my state, I'm damn glad winter is coming, not because I like winter in the least (it fuckin ices here so hard, and the electric bill doubles and triples in cost) but because all those god damned spiders will finally die off. This state has more spiders than any the country over I'm pretty sure. Being afraid to lay on the floor while on MXE because I might get jumped by a brown recluse is a terrible and real fear. Fuck you spiders! Winter is coming!

Winter is coming! =D I've been watching that recently.

Halloween parties are always fun, I hope that works out.

^Game of Thrones certainly always leaves you with a "Well, I just havvveee to watch the next one, I'm dying to see what happens next," feeling, but I feel like it relies too heavily on scandalous characters and killing off the only people you cared to watch in the first place. It's a love hate relationship.

I've personally been getting into Babylon 5, my girlfriend and I just finished up season 1. A very underrated show. Keeps you wanting to see what happens next without throwing all that sex and scandal at you ;) for some reason, I personally enjoy more 'family friendly' tv shows. Maybe it's that old Catholic guilt creeping back in from my childhood.

He's doing well now, he seems to be back to his normal self. His feeding tube has been out for a little while and he's eating lots and constantly wanting to snuggle and making a lot of noise and all the other stuff he does. :)

Yeah Game of Thrones is definitely an intense storyline. I'm going to read the books soon, I read the first one when I was like 16 or something and I think it was a little too adult for me, I never bothered to move on to the second one.

the cool thing with Game of Thrones as far as the show vs. the books are concerned is that they intentionally changed some things from the books (with input from the author) so that people that have read the whole book series will still find some surprise twists when they watch the show.

i haven't read the books, but my mom read them all years ago. and she is pretty hooked to the TV series too. whereas typically with when she's read the books first she doesn't enjoy the TV series / movie adaptations as much.

Yeah the show is super well done, I can't wait for the next season... I heard it would be a while though.

Shit, that's hot as we can be. Can't recall being in more than 110 F myself. Fuck Arizona and it's 90 F nights. Coldest I've ever been in is 19 F, in DC. Not counting the -5 F freezer unit of a warehouse I've visited.

The hottest I've ever been was during the great heatwave of 09. Specifically the 7th of February where the temp got to 46.4 °C (115.5 °F). Humans cannot survive such temperatures, and indeed almost 200 hundred people died that day in a raging firestorm just outside Melbourne. Whole city was covered in smoke. People trying to flee the bushfires were boiled alive in water tanks.

I don't know the coldest temperature I've experienced, but Norweigan winter in Tromsø was certainly up (down) there. But they have the infrastructure to make it survivable, plus its such a beautiful city...

He's doing well now, he seems to be back to his normal self. His feeding tube has been out for a little while and he's eating lots and constantly wanting to snuggle and making a lot of noise and all the other stuff he does. :)

Glad your cat is okay :)

Hahaha willow ssh embrace the warmth! Canberra is extra shit when it's cold :(

World's Most Liveable City at least according to this. So no complaining Trozz :D

Day off work today, this not smoking pot thing is bit difficult...So tempted.

Dunno if you cats like ambient, but check this shit out, the legendary Biosphere, purveyor of arctic ambient-