• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread 2022-2023 v. Year of the Phenethylamine

It is flattering how many people still remember me.

Anyways some of the useful things I discovered is that beta blockers, particularly propranolol, are really good at easing come up anxiety. If I decide to trip at a concert or some place with really large crowds of people, I will always bring 10-20mg propranolol with me just in case I need it. It doesn’t really change the experience that much besides just reducing the physical symptoms of anxiety which can be extremely helpful and harm reducing.

Lately I’ve been craving some stronger dissociatives lol k doesn’t really cut it these days

I've honestly never been a huge fan of K. MXE is better by like a huge margin, but a number of the others are also better. More euphoric, more fun, less debilitating... the main thing K has going for it is that it wears off quickly so it doesn't interfere with sleep much.

I've honestly never been a huge fan of K. MXE is better by like a huge margin, but a number of the others are also better. More euphoric, more fun, less debilitating... the main thing K has going for it is that it wears off quickly so it doesn't interfere with sleep much.

Love the Ketamine for it's short duration, it's a very safe Dissociative if you hammer it for that reason. Also you stay laying down and don't walk all around. Ketamine can be plenty strong. I've literally done half gram lines back to back consuming a gram in few hours and had incredibly profound experiences. Like some of the best Dissociative trips of my life.

For me Ketamine is one of the Dissos I feel most comfortable using with PCP analogs on the literally opposite end of that spectrum. I'm scared to ever do one of those again. I've got to be very smart about how I approach these things now and literally think on it for awhile before I take the plunge.

I'm getting some Memantine soon which I'll start off taken very low doses, like 10mgs once daily and incremental increase of 10mgs a day till I start getting where I want to be. It has an incredibly long duration so once daily morning dosing is ideal and higher doses cause Nausea.

So for that reason alone with my sensitive stomach I am gonna build up this compound in my system and take ginger capsules twice every day. Gonna be starting trials on Sunday, I'm really excited. Will be my first Dissociative aside from Nitrous in quite awhile.

I know you guys are probably like “if I need to ease anxiety on a trip I usually use a benzo”

But a benzo pretty much kills most of the effects and makes you typically lose most of the profound after effects from the trip.

Propranolol is a beta blocker classically used for stage fright or performance anxiety, so it barely has any sedation or memory loss effects. As someone who’s been through a lot of tragedies I am prone to PTSD symptoms, so taking psychedelics has been very risky for me, but with propranolol I’ve been able to enjoy psychedelics the same way I did when I was younger. I highly recommend it.

You can easily order hundreds of propranolol from India and customs won’t even take it because they need proof you didn’t have a prescription.

For me Ketamine is one of the Dissos I feel most comfortable using with PCP analogs on the literally opposite end of that spectrum. I'm scared to ever do one of those again.
I feel you man. The PCP/PCE analogs I’ve tried are easily the most delusion/mania inducing substances I’ve tried. Fun, but… wife gives me funny looks when I’m on one of those lol. And so she should, I always act so weird and sure of myself 🙄

I know you guys are probably like “if I need to ease anxiety on a trip I usually use a benzo”
Well I don’t think it’s most of PD, I think that’s mostly me lol. But ima downer-head, if I’m not on opioids I’m on benzos, if I ain’t on benzos I’m on booze, if I ain’t on booze I’m on Phenibut or dissos. I like to be detached from myself you might say haha.
Propranolol is a beta blocker classically used for stage fright or performance anxiety, so it barely has any sedation or memory loss effects.
but it is something I wana look into. I don’t like how benzos booze and opioids blunt the trip so hard, but I just do it anyways. Would be nice to have an alternative. Well booze doesn’t blunt things as much but it has its own detractors like ruining the afterglow.

I use clonidine for anxiety sometimes, it's in he same class as propranolol. It does work pretty well, for sure.
I use clonidine for vasoconstriction when taking lysergamides. It can be a bit hit or miss for my anxiety/PTSD and insomnia, but it is pretty good when it works.
The physical side effects from it can be a bit annoying when I take it on its own, unfortunately.
It is an alpha 2 inverse agonist, so works a little differently from beta blockers like propanolol.

I personally prefer propanolol for PTSD/anxiety, though I've only tried it once and didn't take enough (10mg) a few weeks back when I was having awful panic attacks.
It calmed me down partially but not completely and let me sleep for an hour or two, which was good.

Oh I didn't realize it worked through a different mechanism. I don't really get any side effects from it, but it does help me sleep. But if I stay awake, it doesn't put me to sleep, though at 0.2mg it can be fairly sedating in terms of having low energy. It works quite well for the physical effects of anxiety, which often for me is enough to make me not feel anxious.

Everything I ordered for delivered today, super stoked

Memantine ~ 1,200mgs
1,4-BDO ~ 100ml's
Phenibut HCL ~ 200 grams

Gonna have a nice month for sure, if I like the Memantine I'm gonna stock up on it super heavy. Get close to ten grams or something so I don't have to order any for many, many months 🙂

Propanolol is a beta blocker classically used for stage fright or performance anxiety, so it barely has any sedation or memory loss effects. As someone who’s been through a lot of tragedies I am prone to PTSD symptoms, so taking psychedelics has been very risky for me, but with propranolol I’ve been able to enjoy psychedelics the same way I did when I was younger. I highly recommend it.

You can easily order hundreds of propranolol from India and customs won’t even take it because they need proof you didn’t have a prescription.
I've been interested in propanolol for a long time, but never tried it. It could have been handy for things like job interviews or being on stage. OTOH I'm glad I mostly overcame stage fright organically. Or rather, figured out how to accept stage fright and channel the energy of stage fright into excitement for performance. I wonder if propanolol would attenuate that energy and just make someone a more boring performer.

im tempted to take shrooms but i dont want to stay up for 6 more hours, i can wait for tomorrow

Feels like living in a dream

Fantastic and a bit scary

Getting over stuff

People in the halfway house are testing positive for Covid19 and I am getting sicker and sicker. And the fucked up policy here is to force you into the Quarantine section of the building and take away your phone/electronics because you will herded in there with clients from the in-patient rehab...and this just shows how fucked up I am. I'm not telling anyone for this reason so I can stay up here in my comfy bed watching Netflix and talking to my girlfriend.

Got into a fight with her last night cuz she doesn't wanna come here this weekend now to take me to the hospital in secret, I'm trying to say we will both wear masks. But in reality I am just a selfish and fucked person and I'm laying here awake at night trying not to think about. If they legit had a more fair policy towards us with our phones on quarantine I would have no problem going down there for the week at all. I'm just so addicted to this thing I get horrible anxiety when I think they are gonna take it away.

Just came into vent, I'm sure I look like a terrible person to some of you right now. I'm not the only person hiding illness here people have been doing it all week. And honestly it probably made the situation worse and a whole bunch of us caught it. Been doing 1,4-BDO to try and mask the "COVID" symptoms and sleep more which is surely a horrendous idea know I said I would stop, I'm almost completely out tho and I'm not touching that next batch for a couple weeks. Legitimately going to leave it in Connecticut so I can't change my mind and I'm gonna use Phenibut the first two days off to mask any withdrawal symptoms so I will sleep etc.

I'm about to tell my job the situation and I mean if they wanna fire me for being sick, it is what it is. Almost wanna just delete this post I realize how bad it is, if I do test positive at the hospital I'm going to come forward and tell them, seriously. Know my word isn't too great these days after this GHB shit but I am not a complete monster 😔

Gonna go to CVS first and buy one of those rapid tests and see if it's positive said that she might even have some at her job, then if it is positive goto the hospital. That's what she said we should do, really don't like being sick like this at all it's the worst I've had something in years.

It is flattering how many people still remember me.

Ha funny enough a few weeks ago I did some research on a few things and went way back in the Big and Dandy's. Yup you are part of the Bluelight tapestry like everyone else. Your posts cemented in history. :) Much appreciated.

@Cosmic Charlie feel better man. A few good sleeps and your immune system will knock out whatever you have. Covid is hitting people but much lighter and quicker. I don't think it is the same as say Summer of 2020 when people were being intubated. Sleep, rest. For sure you will feel better. I am also convinced a common head cold would turn a positive on a covid test. (would almost bet)

14-BDO sounds good. I would probably use it like gabapentin, once a week although with gabapentin I have not even been doing that. Totally cut back to almost nothing. I am in a sciatica free period. However I am surprised at how hard something like phenibut is to kick if you are addicted. Seems worse than gabapentin and pregabalin based on posts here. I have a little tub of phenibut I got earlier in the year when I thought there was going to be a ban. I touched it once. I think I could be measured with 14-BDO if I could get myself to actually drink it..

Things are going south here very fast, the director of the halfway just came back to work looking freaked out. People have masks on, which they never do. Having this super infected cough and I slipped up while I was in the Methadone line and dude almost surely heard me as he turned the corner, and he would 100% tell on me. I've yelled at him before for coming in my room making noise and waking me up. Like pretty badly, in the day space in front of a group of people and it was surely humiliating for him.

If I just disappear from Bluelight for a week or so you guys will deff know what happened to me. Just took a big dose of 1,4-BDO and I threw what was left of the bottle into the garbage can. It's just not worth having that stuff on me Incase the look through my property if I get sent downstairs. Told my job the whole scenario and I just hope that they understand and don't fire me cuz of missing all these days.

I'm way too sick right now to handle the dinner rush on a Friday night, it would be horrible and I can't do that to myself. And also I already potentially brought COVID to work once, not knowingly. But this time that wouldn't be the case and it could really come back to haunt me if I spread it around the restaurant to employees/customers.

Uggghhh, this is so stressful 😩

Man this news of the LL bust has got me down. I remember ... was it around 2014 when you could still easily buy the full 2C-series (except 2C-B) in Canada with nothing more complicated than an e-transfer. Lysergamides were coming in on the clear web. Huge selection of tryptamines to be found. The spanish supplier was up and running (was it called scientific-innovation?). DOC was plentiful and cheap for our US neighbours.. I think that must have been peak psychedelics.
Oh, I'm just now reading about this ! What happened :( ?
The future looks progressively grimmer for RCs

Or rather, figured out how to accept stage fright and channel the energy of stage fright into excitement for performance.
I kinda feel this way too. Last week I had to give a talk on a Latin-American science conference after not standing in front of so many people since pre-pandemic times. I was a little bit nervous at first, but when I stepped in the stage the adrenaline rush put me on a sort of hypomanic state that actually helped my delivery. I think it kinda works the way you are saying here.

I used to get stage fright, but somehow it's just gone away. I guess from playing so many shows in a 4 piece band, you can't hide amongst the general background when there are 4 people and especially when you're the co-lead. I got scared as hell for years, though, that's for damn sure! I get so pumped when I walk on stage, actually I get more nervous if nobody is paying attention or there are just a handful of people and everyone is afraid to come up and interact, because then it's just weird. The more into it people are, and the more of them there are, the more I get super pumped up, certainly to the point of hypomania. I think my maximum crowd I've played to is about 400, so not huge, but I felt the most confident for that crowd of any crowd I've played for.

But weirdly, singing lead makes me feel self-consciously. It always has. Singing background or in a choir, nope, not at all. But lead/solo, definitely yes. Speaking in front of a crowd is in the middle,. it does make me a little nervous but not very much. But playing, I can't get enough of it, I probably feel more nervous on an average day sitting at home doing nothing than I do on stage ripping a solo.

Things are going south here very fast, the director of the halfway just came back to work looking freaked out. People have masks on, which they never do. Having this super infected cough and I slipped up while I was in the Methadone line and dude almost surely heard me as he turned the corner, and he would 100% tell on me. I've yelled at him before for coming in my room making noise and waking me up. Like pretty badly, in the day space in front of a group of people and it was surely humiliating for him.

If I just disappear from Bluelight for a week or so you guys will deff know what happened to me. Just took a big dose of 1,4-BDO and I threw what was left of the bottle into the garbage can. It's just not worth having that stuff on me Incase the look through my property if I get sent downstairs. Told my job the whole scenario and I just hope that they understand and don't fire me cuz of missing all these days.

I'm way too sick right now to handle the dinner rush on a Friday night, it would be horrible and I can't do that to myself. And also I already potentially brought COVID to work once, not knowingly. But this time that wouldn't be the case and it could really come back to haunt me if I spread it around the restaurant to employees/customers.

Uggghhh, this is so stressful 😩

That is seriously fucked up that they are so punitive about people getting covid... like basically you get locked up for a week without any contact with the outside world or entertainment. What the fuck is that? That's such shit. I can understand why you're trying to hide it. I'm not sure what I'd do in that situation to be honest.