View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social: swirling into homeostasis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude. LMA. You don't have to take any of the advice we're giving you. They're just words on a forum. We're not busting down your door and forcing you into a straitjacket.

We'd like you to stay -- but if you're going to start throwing insults around, and basically trolling our forum, you cannot.

I dunno, I'm kind of hard-line when it comes to classifying mental disorders. I think there are already too many frivolous disorders. To put happiness in the realm of pathology is pretty preposterous, IMO.

Classifying happiness as a mental disorder would be the perfect illustration of the point you're making. I mean, if we have a certain definition for the term "disorder", and happiness actually legitimately falls under that classification, then it would be wrong to make happiness a special exemption, just to mask the true absurdity of the way we're currently practicing clinical psychology.

Dude. LMA. You don't have to take any of the advice we're giving you. They're just words on a forum. We're not busting down your door and forcing you into a straitjacket.

You've been giving him him this advice for the past 6 pages. I really don't think any more than 3 pages of advice are justified (the arbitrary number is to demonstrate a point, don't take it too seriously), everything since then no longer counts as constructive criticism and should be considered provoking/browbeating. Phrasing something politely does not prevent the comment from being inappropriate or impetuous. You also have to factor in that multiple people have been doing this, which makes it much worse.

I am not saying that LMA's harsher responses should be condoned, however taking into account the above and his youth, his reaction is understandable. If you honestly think he needs help, I would recommend not saying anything at all for a week or so, and reworking your strategy for advice giving. Perhaps be more supportive and positive, say your piece then be silent. After a jostling wake up or critique, one needs a period of repose to reflect on the merits of the critique, and then attempt to integrate the lesson into their life. These things take time, as I'm sure anyone here who has tried to change their lives for the better (through the use of psychs, willpower, or any other methodology) has learned.

thizzerforshizzer said:
Damn, new fav newb!!!!!!
Come share this joint with me, you've earned it.

Thanks for the kind words (and if you could pass me the joint through the computer screen...no? Darn!). :)

Last edited:
Good morning PD, and how are we this very frosty morning?

LMA GT5 sounds awesome would love a burn, been playing kinect all weekend and blown away by it and how accurate it is and saying 'xbox open tray', 'xbox close tray' over and over hasn't got boring yet, kinect sports table tennis and dance central are amazing.

d000ds gtfoz my internetssssss before i ... dunno

I loled :D

Shits been depressing to read; I guess I don't have the happiness disorder :\

Anyhow, I can feel my spirit guides slowly changing; not so pushy now that I've tried to confront them. I wonder in what sense they are real- does it matter? That I don't know.

Namste, bon apetit, do what thou wilt, amen, blessings, fuck, wee, rawr, skabbadoosh.

Last edited:
You left out: skabbadoosh <3

Postman walked by and left me unloved, the swine time to head to the chemists :)

^Naw, its there ;)

Hmm, I just ated a stolen mars bar, and it tasted delightful. Feel kinda sick now.

my day:
drink protein/carb shake, coffee
get up split firewood
breakfast
go to train (lift)
train my client
lunch with client
visit Papa
home to see notDeja when she gets off work
smokies?
cuddles?<3
dinner
goodnight kissies

Awesome post Dondante!

Adderall made me excel in school, but in the long run it's done nothing for me. In fact after I took myself off of it I felt that my "symptoms" were at least twice as bad.

Lobsterdog!

09-24-2006.jpg

I think Rog can relate.

They'll never find me down here on the ocean floor, inside of my lobster! :D Muahahahaha

LMA this is post is for you, fuck all tha haters. :p

I dosed up a 1500mg of piracetam and then added 5mg of dextroamphetamine on top 45 min+. Gonna see how much of an increase effect the piracetam has, if any really does exist. I'll redose accordingly.

Amps are nice from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.