• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Tripping Thread: Viruses Can't Penetrate Hyperspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa never heard of it but that trailer is really appealing. :)

I have never heard of Duncan. So I am going to dive into some of that stuff today being on vacation. I love being turned on to new stuff so thanks. :)

Duncan Trussell is a huge advocate of psychedelics and a modern day philosopher and comedian. He also has a funny voice and can be known to babble endlessly, but in his babbles are kernels of truth that really resonate with me.

That is pretty neat. Makes me wonder what else I am unhip too. lol Very cool and a great thing to be turned on to this week for me.

This show looks good but I'm going to wait until I watch it. Going to give it a go when I dose some LSD with a friend. Thanks for pointing me towards it I love animation and there isn't much good stuff coming out lately.

I ended up enjoying the MDMA I took the other night. Not sure if it's really strong or if my scale is off but there were times I thought I might have taken a bit much. I ended up having a long duration and not being able to sleep for 14+ hours after taking it. I attempted to take some kratom to ease the come down only to discover the batch I bought last time is either bunk or very weak. I ended up having to take Tylenol, 1mg of xanax, and spending hours sitting on the toilet attempting to pee. Pretty much spent all day in bed and didn't manage to find sleep until 7pm then getting woken up at 9pm by someone coming into the room to check on me. I was still feeling off by that point but managed to find sleep at about 1am and slept in until 3pm today. Feeling much better today with no afterglow but no depression either.

I really love MDMA and I'm happy I've found a source that isn't MehDMA. Right now I have enough doses laying around to last my friends and I the next year. Last year I was taking it a bit too much only waiting 3-6 weeks between doses. I just had too many nice nights coming close together. Typically, I only try to take MDMA once or twice a year and never back to back nights. For me MDMA is self regulating because it throws my sleep off so much and I always need at least two days to recover from it.

My main issue with MDMA, LSD, and other stimulating drugs like that is it's so hard to find sleep as I suffer from insomnia. This leads to me having to keep a stash of benzos and sometimes opioids around to deal with the come downs. I don't really like taking those drugs and they ruin the after glow for me but I end up feeling so horrible from the lack of sleep that I end up taking them. The benzos come in handy in case anyone in the group started having a difficult time on the peak of LSD too. I know others have problems finding sleep after these two drugs but I feel like I have it worst than most.

I have the same problem with a lot of psychedelics, as I get older they disrupt my sleep more and more. Without a benzo there is no way I'm sleeping for like 24 hours after LSD these days. I used to take DOC more often than any other psychedelic but now it disrupts my sleep for 2 nights, and that's if I take it at around noon. MDMA doesn't mess with my sleep nearly as much as psychedelics. In fact even something like 2C-C will make me unable to sleep for like twice its actual duration. It's kind of ridiculous.

I have the same problem with a lot of psychedelics, as I get older they disrupt my sleep more and more. Without a benzo there is no way I'm sleeping for like 24 hours after LSD these days. I used to take DOC more often than any other psychedelic but now it disrupts my sleep for 2 nights, and that's if I take it at around noon. MDMA doesn't mess with my sleep nearly as much as psychedelics. In fact even something like 2C-C will make me unable to sleep for like twice its actual duration. It's kind of ridiculous.

Yeah it has gotten worse with age for sure. I still haven't tried DOC but some others over the years have really bothered my sleep too. The 2Cs I've had don't seem as bad as LSD for me. I don't have this problem with mushrooms and find it easy to sleep after them but it still takes at least a few hours afterwards. I don't know why MDMA has become such a problem for me as of late. I know my source is good and he always tests it in front of me and I've always doubled checked it myself. I've noticed my peaks on MDMA are longer than most with it sometimes lasting 4-5 hours for me when I dose 100-125mg. I feel like my come downs are really extended for whatever reason.

My main issues with MDMA are related to headaches induced by jaw clenching, being unable to pee which bothers me to the extent that I can't sleep even if I feel tired, and the insomnia. The insomnia is really odd because I have the problem of being easy to arouse when I do find sleep. I often end up only sleeping 2 hours or so, waking up, and having to lay there for hours until I find sleep again. Yesterday reminded me of when I got a Piperazine pill in my youth. That was the most horrible come down I've ever had off anything. This wasn't nearly as bad but being unable to sleep combined with the headache reminded me of that so much.

I wonder if this is because I've gotten older and my body isn't processing the drugs as quickly. I've gained weight the last couple of years because my body is slowing down so it makes sense it would take longer for drugs to clear my system now. I've also wondered if my natural tolerance to MDMA is just lower than most people. When I take MDMA with other people I'm always "up" for longer than they are even though they're the same age as me and I've done it more often than they have. For whatever reason I'm like this with any stimulants I've taken. I also seem to have a natural tolerance to downers like opioids and benzos. So it becomes a big issue when I'm trying to combat the after effects of one with the other.

I really need to try DOC for hiking. It seems like something I would enjoy. I like drugs with longer duration/peaks. The longest duration drug I can recall taking would be 2C-P and even though I was up for about 30 hours I didn't have much trouble finding sleep when I wanted to. Perhaps DOC would be similar?

This is the best show on the entire planet. The brainchild of my favorite comedian Duncan Trussell. You can stream the entire first season right now on Netflix and it's probably one or the most psychedelic things you will ever see in your entire life. I'm begging you all to watch it and if you ever loved me at all just give an episode a chance please. It would mean so much to me.

I've watched the whole thing like three times first go through was on a Tryptamine\Dissociative binge and Epic is an understatement stayed up through the whole night watching every one. Some episodes having to start and rewind a couple thousand more times as I was coming in and out of holes when I was dimension trippping while slipping and crawling outta the time loop just far enough to press play and follow Clancy on another one of his multidimensional adventures while leaving me with but a single question to ask you my most special friends.

Have you ever been experienced?

Enjoy fellow residents of SwirlyTown 😎

~Cosmic Charlie

Yeah, I loved it. Watched the last three episodes a couple of weeks ago while I tripped on 2C-C. It had me almost on tears. I'm actually kinda surprised it is something as mainstream as a Netflix series, as it touches some really deep stuff and references some really specific topics. But it's great, I recommend to anyone interested in psychedelics and spirituality in general. Also, the animations are beautiful and very trippy.

A smidge of LSD to start the day, a spot of DOC, and a couple healthy dollops of 2C-B later in the evening were just what I needed to repair muh EFI system partition (that I accidentally rm -rf'ed because I didn't realize it was mounted.🤦‍♀️) Now that's what I call a chill Saturday. :)

I've been messing around quite a bit with 2C-B lately. The more I use it, the more I find myself appreciating its flavor of stimulation. Yes, there are the classical mandalas and deep cosmic thoughts, but what I find really striking is the way that, when 2C-B kicks in... suddenly the lights come on. BANG, the pistol shot rings, and the horses are off. Everything feels effortless. I absolutely adore that effect. Frankly, I find the concept of stimulating cognition to be much more appealing than distorting it, per se. I just find psychedelics to be a far better tool for the job than so-called stimulants themselves!

I hope you all are having a lovely weekend!

Alright y'all. Christ, that was scary my 3-MeO-PCE escapade a few days ago. Retrospectively, nothing bad actually happened - I slept really badly the night before, and therefore about midway through a work day I had the bright idea to do just a few bumps of 3-MeO-PCE, remembering it to be a pretty clearheaded, functional high previously. Things started out good but evidently I ended up overshooting the dose, and realised I was way too fucked up. Again... nothing bad actually happened... I was talking to colleagues via a text chat app back and forth but I remember feeling like I was typing really slowly. Somehow I wrote a page of notes of stuff I had to do which seems logical enough looking at it now even though I have no memory of doing it. I was really worried I'd done or said something weird or royally fucked up something important but after lying in bed all day yesterday feeling hella depressed and shitty I checked up on anything important and everything seems fine... But, man... y'know when you're mid ~PCx escapade and suddenly you're like. Oh yeah. I'm me. Shit, how am I gonna sort this out? Wait. There's nothing to sort out. This is my life. I am a person. OK let's take stock. Etc... I dunno, that description probably doesn't quite do the mangled thought processes justice, but... yeah, seems like both 3-MeO-PCx are prone to suddenly switching to a kind of dark place, of serious concern about some abstract problem which in actual fact, is just confusion about the weirdness of being alive. I shoulda just stuck to the goddamn DMT like I planned... kind of scared myself away from doing anything else for the near future though, dissociatives really do fuck me up but I seem to be kind of in denial about it. Anyway hope everyone else is doing well. Much love.

All my trips on Psilacetin recently seem to have a strong self-loathing component. I can’t figure out why unless I just truly hate myself... I try and work through it. I look at my life choices and try to make changes when I’m sober. I don’t think I’m a bad person... why is the mushroom spirit so mad at me? Why does it make me so uncomfortable in my own skin?

All my trips on Psilacetin recently seem to have a strong self-loathing component. I can’t figure out why unless I just truly hate myself... I try and work through it. I look at my life choices and try to make changes when I’m sober. I don’t think I’m a bad person... why is the mushroom spirit so mad at me? Why does it make me so uncomfortable in my own skin?
I identify. I think that's part of the reason I have hardly ever tripped recently on a psychedelic alone without a dissociative or a medium-large dose of benzos involved. I know for a fact personally that my sober outlook has a fair amount of self loathing built into it a lot of the time, and as we all know the set, as in mindset is important to have in order in order to have a comfortable trip. Getting that in order of course is not always clear, and often a continuous and arduous process.

Psilacetin of course is a particularly harsh teacher. IMO, one of the harshest. I don't particularly have an answer except that it's important to remember than perception - specifically in this case, our perception of ourselves - is always somewhat uncoupled from the reality of things. We can tell ourselves that rationally we're not bad people, there's no reason to be so hard on ourselves, etc, ad nauseum, and this can help but it's often not enough to turn the tide of uncomfortable emotion - which is usually operating at a sub-rational level.

I've had low dose psilacetin trips where I've just had to focus on my breathing, in, out, in, out, for almost the duration, while just lying and thinking about the magnitude of horrific suffering and violence there is in the world, and how pathetic my own life choices have been, how much I've squandered or am squandering my relatively fortunate situation in life compared to how much worse things could be. I don't actually believe that my life choices have been pathetic objectively of course - but I do have feelings sober about how I should be doing something different, something more, be something other or someone other than who I am... and it's not surprising to me therefore that this unresolved inner conflict would come to the surface.

I don't consider that the psilacetin spirit is mad at me though, rather I like to think that it is testing me. However that perspective comes with some caveats - just as I don't particularly subscribe to the idea that all difficult experiences on psychedelics are lessons in themselves - although there may be lessons embedded within them - our minds are complicated places, and trips can be treacherous journeys into them... sometimes with catastrophic consequences. And I would not say that the latter events (trips with catastrophic endings) are incidents where someone has "failed the test"... rather these are unfortunate accidents, or misunderstandings, maybe mutual ones, where both entities misjudged how far they could push the other in their quest for an understanding of it.

To put it in more esoteric terms than I typically describe this to myself from day to day, I think that the psilacetin spirit's experience of being is so radically different to our own that we have difficulty relating to each other, and just as it is testing us, we are testing it, and sometimes one or the other will inadvertently push things too far in it's quest to understand the other's reality. Just as any larger and more powerful animal can kill or maim another not out of malice but playful lack of understanding of the other's different experience of being (I was going to say "weaknesses" but I think that is a poor choice of words in this context), psilacetin and other psychedelics can unintentionally hurt us in their efforts to understand us - just as we can unintentionally hurt ourselves in our efforts to understand them. To lean in to the esoteric a little more - I think that in these latter instances, both parties can suffer, and it's not the fault of either, really - just a misunderstanding between 2 entities communicating across the gulf between 2 radically different worlds.

It's not the same class, but I think the lessons apply - I had a recent experience on ketamine where I was coming down and I knew I was going to suffer, but was still somehow connected to the ketamine otherworld, and my "other self" within it - or perhaps, the ketamine spirit, so to speak - and it was like one self told the other, "you are going to suffer now - but this is the price for the glimpse into my world". I take this to mean that we both made this choice, with full awareness of the outcome. I talk a lot about dissociatives being "deceptive" compared to "true" psychedelics - but I think in another sense they are more transparent, and such an explicit explanation is not something that would be readily gleaned from a difficult experience with psilacetin, for example, or indeed many other drugs.

I think with a lot of substances - we think of things in terms of choices that we make, and therefore we see the results of these choices as reflections of something personal about us. But this is an innate bias in our experience of being human - we can look at it another way, that there are choices on both sides, and the Psilacetin Spirit is choosing to take an interest in us - in this sense, the fact that it makes you uncomfortable in your own skin doesn't mean it's mad at you - in fact it is a morally neutral fact, and a uniquely human perspective. The fact that you've chosen to commune with it, with full awareness of the risks, is also an indication that it has taken an interest in you, and if the outcome of this communion was difficult, it may well have been difficult for both of you, although we do not, and cannot really know what "difficulty" means to the experience of being a collective of psychedelic molecules.

Honestly, as I write this I'm not entirely sure what lesson I'm trying to convey here except that I think that it's important to try not to take uncomfortable experiences personally, and that our desire to anthropomorphise entities whose interface with reality is so entirely different to our own can lead us down a potentially flawed and harmful road in our efforts to extract meaning from these experiences. I'm sure you're not a bad person and I'm sure the Mushroom Spirit doesn't think this either - and any experience at all is an indication of our value and interest to this entity, which chooses us as much as we think that we choose it.

I don’t trip without benzos these days either, but I think my required daily use of them makes it so I have to take high doses in order to achieve peace of mind on psychedelics now, and I don’t particularly enjoy eating say, 8mg Etizolam over the course of a trip, because of how much it dulls the experience. I always feel better after I take some etiz or some alpraz, yet I lose the visuals, the mental insights begin to dwindle and I revert to a state of simply “being”.

I used to always add a bit of an opioid to my trips but I dislike just how much it dulls visuals as well. It seemed to work well at making me at ease with the experience, yet at the same time I would lose a certain degree of psychedelia so to speak.

I dunno. I’m just at a weird place in life. Psilacetin is what I have the most of and thus trip on the most but I’d much prefer to go back to frequent acid or 2C-C trips, which I usually find much more insightful and enjoyable. I simply don’t have much of either at hand but I have more Psilacetin than I’ll ever eat by myself so I do defer to it out of necessity almost.

^ I always think it is important to keep asking the question "why" in life. There are so many young woman or men say that really want kids. But they leave it at that and never ask why. If I keep asking why on the why I get to dig in. So my cousin that wanted kids we played this with. He wanted kids because first off that is what he thought was thought of him, secondly he wanted to love someone and that person love him. It really can be deduced to such simplicity. Now that goes all the way back for us psychedelic users with the large question why are we here? My father in law is 92, never even considered death. How does someone go their whole life never looking beyond? Yet we have generations that go through life without every asking why or having any large questions.

I have had self loathing trips. I has been quite a few years. One time I think I deduced that society was getting harder to watch and I disliked it. That disliked got caught up in other situation and just ended up disliking anything I thought about including me. Like it was a habit. So I had to practice my way out. Affirm that I did care bout myself and others even if it seems burried for the time being. The mind is a muscle. It needs exercise too.

Mushrooms in the past have made me have trips that included dread when I thought about my life. Others sailed way past dread to happiness. Trips change. They never totally stay stagnent, maybe for a couple of years but even that passes. So if I have a self loathing trip I will keep asking myself what I loath and why and then keep digging by asking why. Then practice my way out. Then let it be and maybe not trip for a little while. lol

I can for sure see these types of trips with tryptamines. Not so much phens. But honestly I don't really know what I am saying either, but we can throw out thoughts and at least keep asking why.

I'm the same way with alcohol, it's like Pringles, once I pop I can't stop. or I can, if I run out or if I try hard enough or know I have to maintain full control (like with girlfriend's family or something). If there is nothing stopping me, I will almost for sure drink more than I intended. I rarely black out anymore but it will get hazy by the end of the night.

I've always been that way with everything; I have an extremely addictive personality. It's not only with drugs (alcohol, benzos, opioids, ets.), but with activities as well. When I was on a chess kick back in my 20's, I would stay up the entire night playing against the computer and then trudge off to work on absolutely no sleep. Same with playing guitar, weightlifting or anything else that I've been obsessed with through the years.

It's taken me 50 years to learn how to achieve some balance in my life. Some things like opioids I can't do at all, and others like dieting I have to do in moderation.

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer

Sounds about like every psilacetin trip I've ever had. Out of stubborn determination, I've taken that psychedelic countless times, obsessively probing its harsh effect for some indication that "facing my demons" will build character...

Let's put it this way. If it does, I'm too stupid to get it. So now I just take fun drugs. Life is good.

I identify. I think that's part of the reason I have hardly ever tripped recently on a psychedelic alone without a dissociative or a medium-large dose of benzos involved.
Yep. My younger self would have scoffed at the suggestion of dulling a trip with sedatives, but I'm totally into it now. Usually I'll at least ride the come-up sober, but once I'm peaking, I'll definitely pop half a milligram of etizolam.

I think there's actually a kind of nifty logic to this, as well: alcohol is a combined NMDA antagonist (psychedelic-like effect) and GABA(A) positive allosteric modulator (benzodiazepine-like effect). Alcohol is a tried and true recreational drug that has been used for millennia. I view the psychedelic/benzodiazepine combination as a safer, modern equivalent to alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.