• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man. :) That means a lot coming from you. If I recall, when I looked it up on wiki, it does grow across the US. It's very distinctive-looking. One really important thing to note is that if it's growing on a coniferous tree (evergreens like pines, etc), it is mildly poisonous because of something it draws out of those trees. But if it's growing on a deciduous tree (that drops its leaves every year), it's good. Either way I do not believe it's badly poisonous, but it's the one thing to make sure about when it comes to them.

My girl's friend makes a living foraging wild mushrooms and selling them to restaurants and stuff, and he's taught us a lot. I still am too nervous to eat most mushrooms I think I've found, but chicken of the woods is an exception. A couple of weeks ago I found what I am 99% sure were chanterelles, a lot of them, too. But I chickened out and didn't end up eating them because there is a somewhat poisonous mushroom that looks similar.

My girl and I always at least passively forage on hikes, there is a lot of good stuff. Chestnuts, paw-paws, blueberries, raspberries of various kinds, and less common stuff like ramps (a native sort of cross between garlic and onion), indian cucumbers (a white root that has a consistency and character of water chestnut, but tastes much lighter and sweeter), and various mushrooms, including one sort of polypore I have not tried but that my girl's friend says is the best mushroom in the world, that tastes like a buttery perfectly cooked steak. And morels, too. And for greens, you can cook nettles, stinging nettles or even better, wood nettles (they sting, but less, and are more tender).

Also wanted to mention, they call it chicken of the woods because it looks like and has a really similar texture to cooked chicken. The flavor is more complex, but rather similar, too. It even "strings" like chicken does when you pull it apart.

Just found out I will be recieving a sample of aMT finally after all these years. Not quite sure what the dosage is but my friend said it will be enough for a full trip. Super pumped that is some bucket list shit right there I have been wanting to try that one for over a decade. Definitely just going to take whatever amount it is orally due to how precious it is and I wouldn't wanna mess up plugging cuz I only have the one attempt. Not going to take it in the midst of a drug binge like I did with the last of my psychs. Will wait for the proper opportunity and drop it and probably Vape some Delta-8-THC throughout if it feels right, which I'm sure it will.

I'm about to make some awesome vegan sloppy joes using the Beyond Burger meat. That stuff is incredible. 🍔

Never used fluorophenibut for trips, or much at all (just a few grams over a week's time when I was also doing GHB a lot), phenibut is amazing to pre-game psychedelics with though. Which you probably already know. :)

Also wanted to mention, they call it chicken of the woods because it looks like and has a really similar texture to cooked chicken. The flavor is more complex, but rather similar, too. It even "strings" like chicken does when you pull it apart.

Have you tried lobster mushroom? Another really meaty mushroom. More lobster coloured than textured tbh, but really good. We cooked some up with a nice mole that a friend had gifted us from Oaxaca, so delicious, a meal to remember.

Oh man then there's pine mushroom.. it's not up to everyone's taste, but to me that mushroom lives up to the hype. I think that's my favourite one of all.

But then there are morels, oysters, cauliflower. So many delicious Treasures from the forest.

The trend to make homemade Tonic (for G&T and other cocktails) got me thinking about making my own homemade Trippy Tonic. Substitute 2C-D for quinine as the bittering agent, and dole out carefully!

I wonder if 2C-D would be stable in a tonic mixture that contained things like citrus peel or other common ingredients. I think it would be fine in the slightly acidic environment of carbonation - since it's probably in a salt form that already reacted with an acid.

I'm not sure how the bitterness of quinine and 2C-D compare, if you could get taste right and keep the dose in the right kind of range.

That would sure be something to have 2C-D infused cocktails. :)

She has a new boyfriend now, I really don't wanna do this anymore. I fought so hard to get sober and it was for no reason. I'm in a really bad place right now. :(

Man... that sucks dude. :( But listen, you didn't do it for nothing. It's worth it for yourself to live less of a rollercoaster of a life. Our addict brains tell us things are better while deep in addiction, but they're not. If you ask me, your reason for fighting should be to be more happy with yourself. At that point, you will attract someone who is perfect for you and your life.

I know that sounds trite... but it's the truth.

She has a new boyfriend now, I really don't wanna do this anymore. I fought so hard to get sober and it was for no reason. I'm in a really bad place right now. :(

You need to find a reason to be sober for yourself. Without it, things don't look good. Continuing to put it on things other than yourself is just masking the issue, and you'll continue finding yourself without a reason to be healthy, every time the thing you've put it on shakes it off.

I care about you Charlie.

Thank you all so much I really appreciate your support as always I don't know what I'd do without you all. And a certain woman her on Bluelight really been helping to keep me from losing it spending hours with me on the phone when I need her. Thank you so much @BellaJewel your such a special person and I'll never forget you being there for me through all this, your the best <3

Hey can you guys all check out the LAVA forum's current photo contest? It's a tradition going back many years, in fact this is photo contest #406. 8o Submissions are open until October 1st. The theme is "isolation". Even if you don't enter, you should still check it out. :) But it's really fun, I enter them every month. If you win, you get a custom title (mine is from winning last month).

Please consider entering! And check it out! And tell all your friends! Buy some billboard space! Broadcast it into space!

(or just click this link: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/submissions-open-round-406-isolation.890972)

My Cannabinoid Stash is looking amazing :love:

9 one gram D8 Vape Cart's
2 half gram D8 Vape Cart's
15 Hard Candy's ~ 10mgs a pop D8
3 bottles Full Spectrum Hemp Tincture ~ 2,500mgs
28 grams of Stormy Daniels high CBDa Flower

Nice. :) I've got 15 grams of raw D8 distillate, and 3 almost empty cartridges of it. I gotta figure out what sort of syringe I need to fill these things, I know it needs to be hot to be liquidy enough to flow. The pre-mad ecarts are so nice, but they're quite a bit more expensive by weight. I just bought 3 more though.

I got a small (250mg) amount of amfonelic acid... supposedly a pure dopamine reuptake inhibitor, with probably antibiotic properties. Gonna give it a few trials, had it coming from before my detox. I hear it's mostly functional. Tomorrow I plan on doing a lot of work (building, programming, cleaning) and taking some, will probably write a TR since it's pretty unusual.

Wow that stuff sounds like it could be pretty interesting Xorky please do get back. Sounds like it has pretty high receptor affinity, never heard of this one before now. The whole antibiotic properties would have me concerned because of the problems I have with my immune system though. Wise decision only doing a few trials regardless of how good it may feel and by the way it sounds on paper that may be quite enjoyable indeed looking forward to reading about your experiences with it, god speed.

Hope everyone is well. Have to catchup. Caught Charlie's post. Yeah man, people docare about you. You can still love your ex girl even if she is with someone else. Make it unconditional. Seems to be the goal in life. When when a young man or woman tell their stiff parents they are gay the parents job is to find the unconditional Love for their child. More and more. I know, we are humans, we tend toward selfish Love, which is Love but opening it up to a higher level works. And you still get to Love. :) And if you can get far enoiugh out "there" Love the new boyfriend too. You would be headed towards Sainthood. (yeah right Jack lol) But I think deep down after taking so many psychedelics you can see some truth there. Again we really are one big happy family but most don't know that yet.

Same thing with Xorkoth and his cat. ( I felt the grief through the posts Xorkoth) You can love even if the "form" is gone. And then smile inside knowing it never goes away and will bring the form again. Quick story. Our last dog died in my wife's arms in our basement sitting on a spot on a carpet. So for the next several months that part of the carpet was sad to look at. I felt the physical separation from our dog. Fast forward some months later, new puppy. Comes home and the first thing she did was roll around on that spot of the carpet in a happy way. So she made the sad spot the happy spot. They pass the baton to each other. :D

I am interested in Delta8. I have no money at the moment and I do have some good Death Bubba that does me great. There is no strain of weed that gives me anxiety. High THC is fine for me. In fact I need it for sleep. I do like CBD bud and I mix it in to make it stretch b ut CBD does not do much for me. So give me any strain of weed. But I am curious to these new vape oils and will try them one day.

2.5mg of DOM down the hatch. I've never tried it before, wanting to wait until I was in a more comfortable, naturalistic setting.

I agonized for two years over whether to take 2.5 or 5 for my first experience, since I only have two blotters. I finally gave up on trying to make a rational decision today and just arbitrarily picked 2.5mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.