• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Recruitment PD Moderator Application Thread - Bring your perforated blotting résumé!

(moved because it was sub-jested that i could simply post an note of appreciation here in the actual recruitment thread; hope this is a better way to use BL resources instead of wasting it on a whole thread :) )

thank you if you are already a moderator and thank you if you are applying. personally i have applied and hope to win the job; but good luck to all those who are applying

running the site takes dedication from individuals who are willing to volunteer their time. i think there needs to be some form of appreciation for those people; so if you feel like appreciating a moderator or if a moderator has been helpful to you then you should send them a pm saying thank you for their hard work.

i think that being a moderator is an important job; i've heard alot of moderators don't receive respect -- so i wanted to respect those individuals supporting this community here through this post.

may the bluelight community grow and flourish!

^I was only kidding; don't worry about it. :) FWIW, there did used to be a feedback thread (of sorts) stickied in PD which I am slightly too stoned to bother looking for...which the gods may believe is the appropriate spot to sing their siren songs of praise.

When I modded PD, I was possibly too strict in what content I thought was suitable, so I used to close a lot of threads. I would have closed your other thread too :D But, I think its more acceptable to have a bit of a ramble here and there, at least to my mind, and I would probably leave an ultimately positive thread such as that one open if I had the Modstique :)

<3

I defintely appreciate the work of the moderators on PD. I think they have struck a good balance between fun and seriousness. Its a very difficult middle ground to attain I think. The place is organised beautifully, is a balance of information and opinion and is, most importantly, welcoming and fun to participate in and I really thank them all :) <3

Of course though, it is the community that must shoulder the majority of the burden and gain the majority of the praise too. :)

I like what you said Willow! that's awesome-sauce! but mostly i just figured it'd be better here and such :) i'm also a nexus member so like; i'm really used to obeying strict guidelines for posting quality topics and stuff :) but i think that specific post really does belong here and junk :p it takes up less space and what not/is more relevant :3

Moderating PD over the years has been one of the great experiences of my life, honestly. This place has transformed so much and in such a positive way over that time and I really love it. And you're right willow, it's the community who gets the credit for it, because without you guys valuing the system and agreeing to participate, we would have nothing. To me, this place represents a living example of hope for humanity, that we were able to press back against a culture of elitism and flame wars and bad vibes and self-organize into a supportive and loving community, while maintaining the level of quality. My friends here in PD have really helped to keep me sane through years of my life, and in many cases were the only people I even COULD talk about some things with. This place is more than a forum to me, it's a place to find connection and community. Some of my best friends in real life I knew on here for years before we ever met, but we almost surely never would have met without PD.

So anyway, thanks to everyone for helping to make PD what it is, and a special thank you to all the moderators over the years and into the future. It's hard work sometimes but it's fully rewarding. :)

Moderating PD over the years has been one of the great experiences of my life, honestly. This place has transformed so much and in such a positive way over that time and I really love it. And you're right willow, it's the community who gets the credit for it, because without you guys valuing the system and agreeing to participate, we would have nothing. To me, this place represents a living example of hope for humanity, that we were able to press back against a culture of elitism and flame wars and bad vibes and self-organize into a supportive and loving community, while maintaining the level of quality. My friends here in PD have really helped to keep me sane through years of my life, and in many cases were the only people I even COULD talk about some things with. This place is more than a forum to me, it's a place to find connection and community. Some of my best friends in real life I knew on here for years before we ever met, but we almost surely never would have met without PD.

So anyway, thanks to everyone for helping to make PD what it is, and a special thank you to all the moderators over the years and into the future. It's hard work sometimes but it's fully rewarding. :)

so this was amazing. Xorkoth, i enjoy reading your posts: i respect you as a moderator and hope one day to meet you as well as other friends :) this is a community and that's what makes it special :)

PD is such a loving community, so sorry about coming here a bit less often for a while... but I will be around back-stage.

There is progression in the application procedure, we hope to have a news update for you guys soon. :)

Are y'all still accepting applications? I'm about to have a lot more free time on my hands, and PD is where I spend most of the free time I have already.

Alrighty then, I sent each moderator a copy of my application. Good luck in choosing the best candidate for the job gentlemen!

%)

Oh, wow, someone still isn't chosen then? I didn't apply because I assumed someone would've gotten it by now. But I'm okay with being a regular board member, because that's all I am anyways. :)

Good luck people!!

Would love to have applied this time around but with school and other life commitments I know I wouldn't be able to perform mod duties with the consistency expected.
Good luck to all the applicants!

Woohoo! Thank you so much to everyone involved in the selection process (and of course the wider moderator-community here as well), I really appreciate the confidence you have in my abilities to fulfil the requirements of the position :) I'm excited to now be able to contribute to Bluelight from a new angle in this role, and I'm sure I won't disappoint (I hope :p).

I'd still like to congratulate all other applicants for taking the time to put yourselves forward for this position, your desire to step up to the plate and take on the responsibility still means a lot to everyone and shows a lot of your characters, I'm sure :) I'm also sure this wouldn't have been an easy decision by any measure, having a rough idea whom some of the other applicants were. I certainly wouldn't have been overly disappointed if I hadn't been successful, knowing whomever was would do the position just as much justice as I hope to :)

Thanks again to everyone here in PD and Bluelight in general, you've given me even more things to do (somewhat covertly) while being paid at work! hahahaha

Great! A fine choice with plenty of niceness. Good luck with the modding trozzle!

I spend most of my time on here while I'm at work too, so in a sense I get paid to moderate PD, except they don't know it. :)

Ahh the joys of IT support...though if I'm not here trawling Bluelight, it's because some muppet broke something and I've been forced to help them, undoubtedly staving off an aneurysm of sorts in the process.