• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC PC Gamers - Whatcha playin?

I'm so tired I've been playing video games. Haven't been up all day; been sleeping in.

This... sucks!

CS:GO achievements out the ass though.

MY LUCK IS BACK!
0omYDpI.png

i could really go for some video games but i'm like... ugh so in pain

went for it, got some achievements done

Last edited:
Haha, got my real good irl friend to playing rs too. Hes like the biggest badass fuckboy, while also being gojira level guitarist, Ive ever seen. Gonna give him some money to get him started.

Gonna do an 2 hour zammy duo run. Hoping for that sweet spear.

See how its my 12th kill? The drop rate is 1:512
aPF2nmo.png

This had 1:5 376 drop rate and fucking both in space of 5 mins!
fpzn1MH.png

dXjO75Y.png

Last edited:
Haha, got my real good irl friend to playing rs too. Hes like the biggest badass fuckboy, while also being gojira level guitarist, Ive ever seen. Gonna give him some money to get him started.

It's always nice to play games with friends. I don't ATM but have done so at points in the past. It's definitely a bonus to have people you can count on in multi-player games. I recall from Starcraft how much of a difference your ally could make in 2v2, etc. Though I had a high enough skill level at that game that my ally wouldn't matter unless I was playing at very high skill levels. I had a blast with that game. That's a game I played with friends at times. Back in school a couple decades ago I would entertain myself by having all my RL friends vs me games. Nothing like 2-7 ppl vs 1 games. I had a blast smacking them down. =D

They where just regular players where as I played competitive at the top of the ladder. With strategy games like Starcraft there really is just such an absurd skill gap between the average player & a top "pro" player that even vs overwhelming numerical disadvantage the "pro" still has an overall advantage in most cases. With the number of actions per minute of a skilled player combined with micro, knowledge & experience the skilled player can pull off a win despite the large numerical disadvantage. Since I generally played "Random" as my race I also had the advantage of surprise depending on the skill of my opponents at scouting. That was a skill that so many players didn't properly utilize. Anyone who didn't properly scout was getting trapped in there own base in a short order in most cases. ;)

I'm rambling though. Honestly; thinking back it makes me think maybe I was wrong & it might be worth the time to buy & play the remaster. I skipped Starcraft 2 due to not having a machine that could run it well enough to be at all competitive. It wasn't even really playable single player. I never finished it as a result. It was very disappointing to me at the time. :\ Since then RTS games have really died down in terms of popularity & esports. To the best of my knowledge SC 2 is still quite popular in South Korea. I don't see a point in playing it though as I'd be at a decade disadvantage in terms of practice. No way I can account for that much of a difference in play time. It might be worth grabbing for single player / fun though. Considering how much I'm enjoying reminiscing about SC. I'd probably be more interested in the remaster than number 2. I'd kinda forgotten about them as I forgot about Battle.net as a platform entirely TBH. :\

Now a days the only thing I'm considering playing competitively is MTG Arena. I figure if I do it right I can have play sets of all the cards in "standard" when standard rotates in the fall without spending much in the way of $. I enjoy MTG but it's really a rich mans game & I'm the opposite of that. 😆

With Arena I think I can be relatively competitive at little to no spending. I might not have what I want now but by the fall I should be good to go. I started a bit to late for Throne of Eldraine & for a full play set of Theros Beyond Death but I'm slowly but surely acquiring them via packs from daily rewards & such while I rare draft Ikoria. I did manage to draft most of Theros & have 20 some packs still to open but I'm thinking I'll save them until Theros rotates into being a 2 week "Quick Draft" set & finish rare drafting the rest before I open the packs. So I'm ensured a full play set. I figure I'd rather be patient & have what I need in the fall rather than having what I need now. Same reasoning behind saving my wild cards. I'm able to do alright in standard using the cards I have. I'm quite good at deck building & can usually build something off-meta that can pull enough wins to go up a few ranks in standard ladder for the extra packs at the end of each season. We'll see how it goes. 🤞

While Ikoria is available for "Quick Draft" I'm trying to get a good # in each day. I keep track of everything with trackers & spreadsheets for efficiency. Speaking of which I should stop dicking around on BL & get my day going. 😜 Yesterday was decent in terms of acquiring cards. In terms of playables or mythics I snagged

Image.ashx
& another
Image.ashx
for a total of 3 Typhoons! Love that card it makes me laugh. Reminds me the Sharknado movies. <3 =D Opened an ELD pack with my daily rewards & snagged another mythic playable.
Image.ashx
(y)

Anyway it's time to get the day rolling. Hopefully today will also have some good rewards! 🤞Maybe a bit better luck in terms of drafting a decent deck as well as rare drafting... I've had a few drafts where if I just drafted a deck to win I would have had a great or maybe even a trophy deck. Sometimes it can be a hard call but since I'm going for the fall I just go for the collecting. Can be irritating though to pass on building a great deck to pick up a rare that's useless in limited (limited = draft). Some cards that are great in standard are useless in limited & vice versa. It makes sense though. I haven't quite decided if Ikoria is balanced in terms of limited. Companions really shook up standard but they are also quite powerful in limited if you get them early enough in the draft to meet there companion requirements. Many are powerful in their own right but when companion requirements are met & they become an 8th card they really shine.

Again I'll stop rambling now. Best of luck to you in your loot farming adventures. May the loot gods shine upon thee. 😁

I'm trudging through Alan Wake. It's enjoyable for the most part, but being a bit dated, it's clunky.

Invested a subutexs' worth of runescape money in a better bossing equipment.

Raided three hours with my friend today and gonna continue it tomorrow. No luck yet.