• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc paws

blackmarket91

Bluelighter
I've been off methadone now over 6 months still having certain symptoms fatigue anxiety runny nose bones ache insomnia restlessness at night

curious of those who went through paws how long it lasted for you and your symptoms not gonna lie its breaking me down the inability to experience pleasure.im not going to use again due to how long its been but holy hell this is brutal having to wake up everyday and doesn't seem to improve at all

Yeah, like Spider said, kratom can indeed give you a bounce in your step and a bit of a mood adjustment. I , myself, have never gotten high on the mitragynine in kratom. To me it is more like taking around 300 mgs. of Lyrica. It relaxes me yet it gives me energy. That sounds counterproductive as you would think most people want one or the other and not both.

Don't know if you have ever tried kratom. If you want to be totally clean from all substances obviously kratom is off limits. It might not even be legal where you are. I only dose 4 grams at once and do not do extracts. So to me it is totally benign in that there is absolutely no impairment and just a very light feeling of well being.

I started taking it when I quit all substances except weed. It cured my anxiety and depression ( and PAWS ) from discontinuing pharm pills. Most people will tell you it is addictive and there is no question the mitragynine is a partial MU opioid agonist. To me it is very partial because I have never experienced any euphoria from it. By euphoria I mean what one gets from oxy. But I also dose very low and know people that push the envelope to copious amounts to get that high. I believe most just end up barfing though.

Hope you feel better. Your symptoms sound like it is rough for you to get through your days and nights.

I do not have experience with methadone but i've dealt with similar things when coming off buprenorphine. I find the physical symptoms to be bearable but what really gets me is the emotional shit that i find exhausting to deal with. The emptiness you start feeling after couple of months of being clean fucks my head up. Last time i was completely sober for a year and i still craved badly so i ended up caving in. This time i don't plan coming off anymore. I've been offered a chance to get into a bupe treatment where i can get the weekly/monthly depot injection. I said yes and I'm currently waiting for my treatment to start.

Yeah, like Spider said, kratom can indeed give you a bounce in your step and a bit of a mood adjustment. I , myself, have never gotten high on the mitragynine in kratom. To me it is more like taking around 300 mgs. of Lyrica. It relaxes me yet it gives me energy. That sounds counterproductive as you would think most people want one or the other and not both.

Don't know if you have ever tried kratom. If you want to be totally clean from all substances obviously kratom is off limits. It might not even be legal where you are. I only dose 4 grams at once and do not do extracts. So to me it is totally benign in that there is absolutely no impairment and just a very light feeling of well being.

I started taking it when I quit all substances except weed. It cured my anxiety and depression ( and PAWS ) from discontinuing pharm pills. Most people will tell you it is addictive and there is no question the mitragynine is a partial MU opioid agonist. To me it is very partial because I have never experienced any euphoria from it. By euphoria I mean what one gets from oxy. But I also dose very low and know people that push the envelope to copious amounts to get that high. I believe most just end up barfing though.

Hope you feel better. Your symptoms sound like it is rough for you to get through your days and nights.
kratom doesnt seem to help get over paws used for 3 months then stopped

Sorry it didn't help you. I hope you find something that does. Sure don't want you to relapse out of frustration in not being able to feel better.
yeah im not worried about that but trying to get better tiny things like cleaning the litter box is a massive chore can barely do things its strange iv read others had the same issues idk i guess i just feel alone as most forums people seem happy after 2 weeks ect and thats not the case for me lol im not craving bad but just feel so weak all day

yeah im not worried about that but trying to get better tiny things like cleaning the litter box is a massive chore can barely do things its strange iv read others had the same issues idk i guess i just feel alone as most forums people seem happy after 2 weeks ect and thats not the case for me lol im not craving bad but just feel so weak all day

I'd say the way you're feeling is probably more common than not especially for those of us coming off either long term or a shorter but heavier habits. Feeling great so quickly like that is (at least in my opinion) not how it usually goes. It's often weeks or even months of depression, lethargy, lack of motivation, feelings of despair/hopelessness, cravings etc. it really sucks and is the hardest part in my opinion. Getting through the actual physical withdrawals is hard as hell but it's staying clean despite still feeling so down for so long while trying to live normally and sober again is really the hardest part for me.

So you're not alone at all with how you're feeling. You gotta power through somehow, force yourself to start doing things especially exercise if possible. It will start improving as it'll start getting easier and easier to do stuff, but if you just lay around waiting for it to get better it'll take even longer and feel worse.

I'd say the way you're feeling is probably more common than not especially for those of us coming off either long term or a shorter but heavier habits. Feeling great so quickly like that is (at least in my opinion) not how it usually goes. It's often weeks or even months of depression, lethargy, lack of motivation, feelings of despair/hopelessness, cravings etc. it really sucks and is the hardest part in my opinion. Getting through the actual physical withdrawals is hard as hell but it's staying clean despite still feeling so down for so long while trying to live normally and sober again is really the hardest part for me.

So you're not alone at all with how you're feeling. You gotta power through somehow, force yourself to start doing things especially exercise if possible. It will start improving as it'll start getting easier and easier to do stuff, but if you just lay around waiting for it to get better it'll take even longer and feel worse.
yeah i was a pro mma fighter before i got addicted to methadone i started training again 3 months back i can only train at 50% i feel so weak al the time everything hurts to move ect and i find it so hard to get started and a super uneasy feeling

thats what really upsets me as others dont understand why i cant go all out in sparring ect i eat well and exercise just hoping this subsides soon is it a gradual process or will i just wake up and be back to normal one day

The emotional side is killer.

Thats to bad, I had to try a few different types of kratom from 2 different vendors. Kratom is highly variable based on the individual and the type though. You could also try seeing a physician for PAWS, but they will most likely prescribe you antidepressents based on what I've heard.

Life is tough after opioids. Like I said earlier Kratom helps me immensly to do seemingly simple chores that feel difficult just to get started. The litter box is a great example as between me and the gf we have 4 cats... lol...
Maybe you just need something to up your mood? You could try Kanna, depending on the dose it can have a mild upper effect, most people say its like caffiene but to me its stronger then that. I am growing my own.
yeah i just wana be half normal have decent energy to do things id deal with the depression ect but the total lack of energy kills me

5.5 years and i first ct'd off 200 sucks to be young and feel like a 80 yearold i only get out of bed to cook basic chores and to train

id like to go fishing ect again but i get really bad social anxiety now feel very uncomfortable in crowds or even at the store now

Kratom only helps with paws because it is an opioid.

If you are fine maintaing on kratom then give it a shot.

But it certainly is not the same is being off opioids (as in drugs that agonize or partially agonize mu receptors).

yeah i was a pro mma fighter before i got addicted to methadone i started training again 3 months back i can only train at 50% i feel so weak al the time everything hurts to move ect and i find it so hard to get started and a super uneasy feeling

thats what really upsets me as others dont understand why i cant go all out in sparring ect i eat well and exercise just hoping this subsides soon is it a gradual process or will i just wake up and be back to normal one day

Usually it's a gradual process but it could also jump forward suddenly too, it's not always the same for everyone. Just keep at it and you'll start to notice that everything is getting easier and better day by day. Tends to fluctuate up and down though so don't be too upset if one day feels worse then it did the day before. if so just accept you're having an off day, still give it your best and just try to remember that maybe tomorrow will better.

It will suck but you'll notice improvements here and there and life will start getting better and better then before you know it the whole thing will just be a memory.

If you stick with your training, eat, hydrate and sleep well then I bet you'll get back to normal quick. People who lay around and do nothing tend to take longer to get back to normal and likely feel much worse through the whole thing.

Kratom only helps with paws because it is an opioid.

If you are fine maintaing on kratom then give it a shot.

But it certainly is not the same is being off opioids (as in drugs that agonize or partially agonize mu receptors).
kratom didnt make me feel really all that better plus stops me from improving from paws got bad advice online telling me to use it didnt know i was just hurting myself havent used any since april 10th

im not a functioning addict anyways so yeah i dont wana be on anything at all

Low dose (as in <150mg/day, spread out in 3 or 4 doses) DXM can do wonders for your mood, without the risk of rekindling (I think), with very low chance of addiction. It's cheap and worth a shot❤

Oh, yes. PAWS is real, alright. In fact, after the acute WDs are long gone, the lingering PAWS is often the time of the greatest cravings to re-engage in using. And like someone else has said...even sleeping normally becomes a huge obstacle to feeling better and adjusting to sobriety for a very long time, often months after acute WDs. Brutal depression, crazy anxiety, no energy, barely able to eat well, wanting to isolate, and powerful cravings are really strong for quite a long time. Been there more than once, unfortunately. The PAWS after a pretty big, daily fent addiction was soul crushing for me, and was only a little better than the acute stages.

I will second the recommendation of DXM although suggest much lower doses. I don't know why I'm so sensitive to DXM but anything over 30 mg throws me into a very noticeable dissociative/borderline psychedelic experience. I'm not high but certainly my perception is altered and there's a body load. But that's enough to decimate PAWS or even a lot of acute withdrawal symptoms