• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Passion Flower and alcohol safety

scorpion91

Greenlighter
I've been taking Mt. Angel passion flower dissolve tab(50mg/2-3x a day). I switched from 5HTP because it wasn't doing much for my anxiety issues. I've been getting some improvements and my anxiety appears to be cut by 50%.

Though, I don't get why I had some panic attack/alcohol sensitivity with alcohol. I had one beer at my college's Chillis this afternoon. I felt some palpitations, brief heaviness in my head that was off and on. I took my time and finished my beer. I went to my appartment and rested and chilled; I got dinner and studied. At 9pm tonight, I went down to my favorite patio/dive bar and got a blonde ale pint. I took a few sips and I felt okay; then about 5 minutes, I started having some heaviness, pressure, lightheaded, a brief short feeling(lasted 1/5 second). I was freaked the fuck out and split the bar. The bar was crowded as fuck with a lot of people. The Chillis's at my college barely had anyone there. So I've been thinking it might've been some anxiety of being in a crowded spot. Or could the alcohol and the passion flower cause some interaction.

Is there a technique to stop the panic attacks while drinking? Could the passionflower cause the panic attack or was it the type of beer, or was it just the setting where I drink at?

passion flower with a few beers can help with anxiety for sure
beer by itself is a good anti anxiety
it might be the brand of the PF as i never heard of PF causing panic attacks etc then again PF by itself isnt nothing to run home about unless taken in high doses
well since you mention its a tab of sorts that can be the issues maybe to much?
making a tea from dry hrb is a better route
dont take the PF and have a beer and see what happens if nothing does happen
add in the PF if you get a panic attack with PF added in then that can be the culprit
keep in mind PF and beer isnt like a benzo you have to put in some effort to calm down to it could dam well be that you are over thinking it thus causing panic attacks
i have taken high amounts of PF even smoked dry herb and never had an issue i have also mixed it with beer the only thing i ever got was sleeping like a baby