• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Party Drugs Initiative (survey closed - results link on p2)

Melbourne interviews are still being done - did mine today. As usual the interview was completely confidential and really very simple. This round of research focused on availability and purity of drugs in a VERY general matter, really its nothing we don't all talk about on this site and you get paid for it too!

My attendance to Teriyaki has just been funded by Turning Point =D

Don't mind doing the interviews again if its happening in Brisbane soon, I did one last year with a nice lady also brought me a coffee too at a cafe =D

Sent an e-mail a week ago re. Brisbane interviews... no reply :(
Is there any more information on it floating about?

Just letting Melbournites know that we've achieved our goal of interviewing 100 people for this study and thus won't be doing any further interviews. Thanks to those who have participated, and for anyone who has contacted us in the last couple of days, we have closed the study. It's not confirmed, but it's likely that this will be conducted next year too (so you can look out for it then if still interested)

For those outside of Melbourne, I've forwarded on any communications to other states, but can't vouch for their recruitment methods if you haven't been contacted (sorry!). The other states interviewing may still be happening as we are all taking different time to get the interviews done.

Finally, the 2003 results have been collated, but are waiting for one final approval before we can post a link to them. You'll be the first to know when that happens!

just let you all know perth is still going i went today and they are still looking for people. its quite good and at the end you get a chance to express any opinions you have.

click here for a bulletin using the data from last year's Party Drug Initiative

this bulletin is based on national data..

Any chance for those of us who don't live in a capital city? Sorry if someone has already asked this. I am drunk and couldn't be bothered reading.

Hey nickyj

The study is based in capital cities. The idea is that the newest drug trends will always start in the cities and then might move out to other areas. So the aim of the study is to capture current trends in drug use and availability / drug markets.

However in the recent Inquiry into speed/party drugs, a chapter was devoted to rural/regional Vic and the fact that no-one bothers to do research outside of Melbourne. They suggested we should get some rural research happening.. so you never know, this could be happening if we take the inquiry's suggestion!

*bump*

It is over two months since this initiative was launched (Melbourne has achieved their 100 participants, apparently Perth may still be taking interviews). This thread will probably get noticed and generate more interest now by being unstuck and bumped by involved parties, rather than appearing static at the top of the forum.

BigTrancer :)

Just a quick thanks - our state received at least 25% of its research participants from bluelight and pillreports combined, and possibly more since people who's friends told them about the study were in a separate recruitment category!

Results online

The Party Drug Initiative was a research project investigating trends in ecstasy (and other drug) use in capital cities around Australia in 2003 and 2004. For those who were involved or others who are interested in the findings, you can download the full technical reports for all capital cities from here:

NDARC Drug Trends by State/Territory

2003 reports are available now, however when the 2004 reports become available - they should be at the same web address (so check back if you are interested).

What is all this research for?? Are they finally gonna legalise XTC? Remember, Alcohol was once illegal to..... There's hope for us yet!

Small steps, SIM-1, small steps.

We can't guarantee how the findings are used. That's why I'm very keen on the idea on this website to have a thread where drug users can input their own questions they want answered by research studies - then we might start asking some different questions which lead to more radical conclusions :)

Hi, does anyone know any information about this in South Australia? if so could you post a number or email, thanks much appreciated.