• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Parachute Adderall xr duration?

ew4356220

Greenlighter
I searched for this but i am a newbie so apologies if this has been discussed before. So my cat parachuted 50mg of Adderall XR today, assuming it wouldn’t last as long as the XR orally since she crushed it all into a nice neat powder. Usually XR lasts 8-10 hours for my cat, but shes noticed the crushed up, parachuted version has lasted about 6.5 so far. My cat wasn’t planning on it lasting this long, so has anyone had any concrete times noted as to how long it should stay in ones system crushed up and swallowed? Thanks in advance from my cat 🐱

Your cat has a nasty drug habit please drop her off at the veterinary rehab. My dog went for an adderall I dropped one day.. swore she was going to eat it but luckily didn't. She actually has a script for gabapentin by the way so funny.

Anyway, extended release is not meant to be broken. Therefor, crushing it up or disabling the mechanism to make it IR only works so well. There's always going to be some residual extended effects no matter what you do (unless you're a wicked good chemist I guess and know how to completely disable it). I actually chew my extended release pills until they're goo and swallow with a few cups of water. It works well for Purdue's new painkillers that everyone hates and tries to break up with soda for some reason. Kind of primitive to chew it but it also works well. If you want it to last shorter just find an IR source or go to a doctor. I find IR to be less effective anyway actually. My script was changed to extended but the IR would just take me to planet tweaktron and then the crash would be crippling--causing me to relieve it with other things.

Last edited:
Hey @ew4356220!

Just FYI we don't SWIM here or anything like that. My cat watches me masturbate sometimes.

Welcome to Bluelight :)

They really do that don't they?

Anyway if anyone does know how to disable the mechanism 100% please post here. You'd probably have to be as clever as the chemists with PhDs who designed the drugs though. Super curious.