• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Panicking about overdosing on Tramadol and codeine, please help :(

AtlasBagger

Greenlighter
Hi all,

Today I have taken 400mg Tramadol, about 210mg codeine ( along with 3500 paracetamol - very dangerous I know) and 2mg Klonopin (all prescribed and each taken in the space of maybe 3 hours). This is probably really stupid I know, please don't tell me that because I already hate myself and need some good vibes to try to avoid panic and enjoy the high.

Basically I am nodding really intensly and vision very blurry. Going into the nod is a VERY strange but very pleasant experience for me. I have a high codeine tolerance but have only done tramadol a few times (up to 300mgs, and it felt absolutely beautiful, I don't know why people seem to hate it) and wanted to to have a full on opiate experience while staying under the ceiling dose.

Basically I would like to enjoy the high and nod out but I keep nodding and panicking because I'm not sure if I have been breathing, soI shake my head to get out of it. I am prone to freaking out BADLY on ANY drug. Basically, I would like someone experienced to tell me what a 'nod' is supposed to feel like to see if what I'm experiencing is normal, and whether I should keep myself awake until it wears off. I hate calling 111 (uk non emergency number) because they never give any reassurance and just tell me to go to A&E which makes me panic BADLY, and FRANK don't help at all.

Quick responses would be much appreciated!

Sorry if I have broken any rules - I'm pretty sure it's not illegal to take prescription drugs like this in the UK. Also my life is probably a bit more important than the rules of a forum :(

Thank you :( :( :( ugh I'm so sick of constantly panicking i just want reassurance :(

The nod is really verwhelming. PLease help. I love you all

Also I should add that when I go into the nod i get weird but sort of pleasant 'twitches'. I get this when I have missed a couple of doses of my Sertraline prescription. Accidentally missed 2 days of the pills, they would cure some of the weird symptoms but scared to take because of tramadol's reaction with it. Going fo a cig now, please help! Sick of panicking all the time.

Are you short of breath?
yeah when i start to nod/sleep my breathing becomes very very slow and shallow, worried about flling asleep but cant sope nodding off< if i too the trams aat 5pm (2;47 am here now) hwne will the effects stop? for some reason i just took 10 mg valium.idk wtf i was thinking doing that, it seemed it had gona awy but come back now panicing a lott
might have to call doctors but they eill insist i get an ambulence tho which wlll be s o tresfull

How're you doing now?
Can you ask a friend to come over and monitor you, so he can call an ambulance if you stop breathing?

How're you doing now?
Can you ask a friend to come over and monitor you, so he can call an ambulance if you stop breathing?

That was exactly what I was thinking. I would recommend you don't take any more APAP for at least a few days and give your liver a break. I Think you should be ok but having a friend there to keep an eye on you is a good idea. Please be more careful about mixing CNS depressant in the future.

If you are short of breath and worried that you took too much of both drugs call for emergency medical services, and tell them what you took. You will not get into legal trouble for doing this.

That was exactly what I was thinking. I would recommend you don't take any more APAP for at least a few days and give your liver a break. I Think you should be ok but having a friend there to keep an eye on you is a good idea. Please be more careful about mixing CNS depressant in the future.

Thanks for all the advice, I will certainly be more careful in the future. I ended up on the phone with a very helpful lady from NHS direct. she said she had to advise me to go to A&E but she knew I probably wouldn't, so told me to go wake up a friend to get them to check on me. I'd stopped nodding by that point and decided to just go to sleep, and I am fine now. I'll try to have a break from paracetamol, unfortunately I have a bit of a habit of taking codeine/paracetomol everyday, but I don't think I'm at the point where I would get sick if I abstained, so will wait a few days. I have had so many freak outs like this recently and I really think I should take a break from these kinda drugs. Cheers for the help guys

If you are short of breath and worried that you took too much of both drugs call for emergency medical services, and tell them what you took. You will not get into legal trouble for doing this.
Did you end up alright?

Yeah - ended up fine if a bit disappointed. Will try to stay away from this kind of thing in the future, my use of all these pharmaceutical meds all the time is getting in the way of my life a bit - plus I'm not even having a very good time doing them.

Glad to hear you're alright. Good luck with your break. That might be really good decision :)

Oh my god im laughing so hard? i dont recommend taking all of that but your choice.... From my long pleasent experience with tramadol i usually dose 100mg over the brim... So 500mg when nodding off i feel the same feeling of not breathing so i always open my mouth to assure im not suffocating myself with my own mouth lol... But yea try openin your mouth when noddin off itll help it may not sound useful buut try it

^ lol

That's not exactly how respiratory depression works...

Oh my god im laughing so hard&#55357;&#56834; i dont recommend taking all of that but your choice.... From my long pleasent experience with tramadol i usually dose 100mg over the brim... So 500mg when nodding off i feel the same feeling of not breathing so i always open my mouth to assure im not suffocating myself with my own mouth lol... But yea try openin your mouth when noddin off itll help it may not sound useful buut try it

Don't take more than 300mg of tramadol as more than that can lower your seizure threshold
And opening your mouth won't help with respiratory depression. You won't breath just because your mouth is open, it doesn't work that way

My experiences with tramadol come from using either tramal or ultracet. I assume you took ultracet hence the acetaminophen content... 37.5mg tramadol + 325mg aceta per pill, I've abused em 20 over the entire day. I havent experienced any shortness of breath or any issues there but I think it's the codeine that's causing the problem.

Please becareful, hope you're doing okay.

EDIT: I have done up to over a 1000mgs of tramadol over the course of the day though. I would not suggest anymore than 700 as that increases risk of seizures (surprisingly I was okay).

My experiences with tramadol come from using either tramal or ultracet. I assume you took ultracet hence the acetaminophen content... 37.5mg tramadol + 325mg aceta per pill, I've abused em 20 over the entire day. I havent experienced any shortness of breath or any issues there but I think it's the codeine that's causing the problem.

Please becareful, hope you're doing okay.

EDIT: I have done up to over a 1000mgs of tramadol over the course of the day though. I would not suggest anymore than 700 as that increases risk of seizures (surprisingly I was okay).

You should probably recommend not doing over 300-400mg of tramadol. I have read about people having seizures at 200mg. 700mg is way to much for the average joe that's going to be searching for and reading threads like this.

You should probably recommend not doing over 300-400mg of tramadol. I have read about people having seizures at 200mg. 700mg is way to much for the average joe that's going to be searching for and reading threads like this.

Apologies, I should've been clearer, the starter dose for getting the effects for me (as I have been an experienced tramadol user for the past few years) is around 300mgs, just be real careful as noted by others above.