• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pain management V. The dark day oxy is not showing at pains doorstep

razordesignz

Bluelighter
So I have been in pain management for 2 years. Got one injection last year, did nothing. Spinal stenosis developing 3 discs out, primary said I needed surgery. Anyways I am at 350mg soma ×2, 15mg oxy×4, 800mg gabapentin x3. And it has helped the meds have helped close to fully except for general dose increases needed due to tolerance. So last few days I can't even stand straight, tingling numbness down my left leg. Can't afford another injection which is all my doc will have in mind I'm sure. Last appointment he wanted me to get one I mean it's over $500 out of pocket this year. After I shut it down he was grumpy with me like wtf. So I am seeing him monday, I truly know most if not all of what he will tell me. I am trying to see if anyone has any advice or suggestions. I mean he has had me try oxymorphone which I turned back in for oxy because I really didn't feel crap due to the bioavailability so just need advice or suggestions anything offered. Thanks guys

Hey Razor, I've been following your story since you joined not too long back. I think that Bluelight is a great place to find references regarding pain management issues, I just want to remind you that there are also really great forums out there dedicated solely to the legitimate use of Opioid analgesics to treat pain, without the recreational component, which admittedly, is a large part of our member base. I, for instance, have had 18 surgeries since I was a child and was receiving Morphine from the age of 3 months intermittently to the present day.

So, you're going to find a unique mixture of recreational, semi-recreational and "legitimate" or "licit" users in the mix, so the nature of the opinions that you encounter are going to vary pretty greatly. Some people might actually recommend a given pain medication because it gives them the best high, when in reality, a different Opioid provides them with more adequate analgesia without say, complete euphoria.

Can I ask what the injection is that you're talking about? A local anesthetic? Also, you're Doctor has no right to chaffe at you for not wanting to pay exhorbitant prices for his treatments. Fuck him. You have an extremely difficult life to manage between functioning, working, living and maintaining this painful condition of yours, so, it's to be expected that finances might be a little more difficult for you than the average guy. Do you have health insurance? It's not really my business, but what's the quality of it if you do have it?

How often do you take the Gabapentin (Neurontin)? If it's every day as prescribed, you might experience some pretty immense benefit from taking a solid few days off from using it. Gabapentinoids are known to be very effective and limited in their range of side-effects, but one of their most pesky qualities is that they provoke tolerance at a remarkable rate. For this reason, I've never used them other than in an "on/off" fashion, meaning, I would use them for 3-5 days, their effects would wane and then I would take a break to reinstate the drugs' efficacy. This is something I would really consider if you used to get great benefit from your Gabapentin.

Also, have you considered trying Methadone? I've made this suggestion to many other folks and some have had success with it. It's not my idea either, it seems that Methadone possesses comparatively less cross-tolerance with other commonly prescribed Opioids, giving it great potential as either a chronic Opioid analgesis in its own right, or simply a useful component of an Opioid rotation scheme.

What kind of Oxymorphone were you prescribed? Also, do you use Cannabis for your pain?

Lol I do the same thing you sound like you do plus I heard recently gaba actually effects oxy absorption. I don't remeber the oxymorphone dose, I read the bioavailability online back then though and ended up trading back in for oxy. Then he tryed hydromorphone last month but I was too worried because be he told me oxymorphone is stronger so j was like wth. I have not with methadone, I thought u might have to go to clinics every day and j am chances are an hour away one way from one. Idk I'm going monday I wonder if maybe I should try hysingla (vicodin xr) plus my reg oxy idk he seems to avoid the topic of oxycontin in addition to my oxy ir.

Hey Razor, I've been following your story since you joined not too long back. I think that Bluelight is a great place to find references regarding pain management issues, I just want to remind you that there are also really great forums out there dedicated solely to the legitimate use of Opioid analgesics to treat pain, without the recreational component, which admittedly, is a large part of our member base. I, for instance, have had 18 surgeries since I was a child and was receiving Morphine from the age of 3 months intermittently to the present day.

So, you're going to find a unique mixture of recreational, semi-recreational and "legitimate" or "licit" users in the mix, so the nature of the opinions that you encounter are going to vary pretty greatly. Some people might actually recommend a given pain medication because it gives them the best high, when in reality, a different Opioid provides them with more adequate analgesia without say, complete euphoria.

Can I ask what the injection is that you're talking about? A local anesthetic? Also, you're Doctor has no right to chaffe at you for not wanting to pay exhorbitant prices for his treatments. Fuck him. You have an extremely difficult life to manage between functioning, working, living and maintaining this painful condition of yours, so, it's to be expected that finances might be a little more difficult for you than the average guy. Do you have health insurance? It's not really my business, but what's the quality of it if you do have it?

How often do you take the Gabapentin (Neurontin)? If it's every day as prescribed, you might experience some pretty immense benefit from taking a solid few days off from using it. Gabapentinoids are known to be very effective and limited in their range of side-effects, but one of their most pesky qualities is that they provoke tolerance at a remarkable rate. For this reason, I've never used them other than in an "on/off" fashion, meaning, I would use them for 3-5 days, their effects would wane and then I would take a break to reinstate the drugs' efficacy. This is something I would really consider if you used to get great benefit from your Gabapentin.

Also, have you considered trying Methadone? I've made this suggestion to many other folks and some have had success with it. It's not my idea either, it seems that Methadone possesses comparatively less cross-tolerance with other commonly prescribed Opioids, giving it great potential as either a chronic Opioid analgesis in its own right, or simply a useful component of an Opioid rotation scheme.

What kind of Oxymorphone were you prescribed? Also, do you use Cannabis for your pain?

My bad kief. Idk about methadone this doc won't stop pushing more injections on me I'm gonna switch back to my original pain consultant. And ya I try to use thc...after 12 years of extreme thc consumption it is my favorite drug and iv done idk over 20 something drugs. My primary tryed giving me a med card for my anxiety to get off benzos, after crying in his office from sickness of failure anxiety attempts I left turning down the med card and scriptles, god I miss my benzos...all good I'm gonna try and go fully clean soon. Anyways thanks for the advice brother, this doc is going from a pill dispencar to a real money hungry moron of a doctor...I have stories but I'll keep them private lol, he's a huge joke let's just say

Yea, a common misconception about Methadone is that it's only used to treat Opioid addicts. The law is a little ridiculous. A doctor can prescribe Methadone however he/she wants so long as it is for pain. If it's for addiction maintenance it must be dispensed daily (at first), on-site at a clinic approved and essentially maintained by the federal government.

As a prescription drug, it's cheap as shit also. I can only imagine that the Oxymorphone puts a dent in your wallet to a certain degree.

I actually was not aware you can get a prescription for done thought it was only on site. Hmm that might be nice, idk I your not my psychiatrist so i won't get in to my current problems lol. I dislike people who come on here and vent a hole life of issues. It does turn me on how you stalk me though Kief. :() !!!!!!!!!!!

You sexxxy beotch.

Is methadone pill form or different options

Well damn. I'm flattered. Methadone will come in pill form outside of a Methadone clinic. It comes in the form of 5mg and 10mg tablets. A general dosage is going to range from 10mg per day to 40mg per day for analgesia. You generally don't see scripts written for higher than this amount, but it obviously does occur. Also, performing a totally accurate conversion to or from Methadone can be difficult due to its varying cross-tolerance.

Please HELP!!

HI everyone, I'm fairly new here. So glad I found this site. Reading thru the threads had helped me, just knowing there is a whole community here that "gets it" helps me not feeling so hopeless and alone.

My question is, does anyone know if oxycontin is still available in the US? I took it a few years ago and had pretty good results. I was taking 30mgs 3xdaily. Was on it for 5-6yrs and suddenly my insurance refused to cover it. My Dr switched me to er morphine. I've been taking 80mgs 3xdaily along with several other meds. Have not had decent relief in a long time. I was taking 100mgs 2x a day till a couple months ago but that just wasn't working. Last appointment my Dr ordered discontinue the morphine & started 75mcg fentanyl patch. They're horrible. Having an allergic reactions, not to​ mention don't work by day 3-thank God I have oxycodoneUnfortunately for breakthrough or I'd have been in big trouble.

Anyways, sorry such a long post but wanted to explain a little. Anyone know about oxycontin? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Wishing u all happy thoughts & reduced pain ?