The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Pain killer shortages

Vicvinegar77

Greenlighter
Here in western Massachusetts there has been a shortage of painkillers, especially 5mg Percs. Two chain pharmacies were completely out and not getting them in for at least a week. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions? Have script.

They should have alternative painkillers in that case. Would oxy be too strong in that case?

They should have alternative painkillers in that case. Would oxy be too strong in that case?

If you have a script they have to fill it as written.

I've had a similar issue with 10mg OxyIR in California. Pharmacies just don't even like to carry oxycodone products. I had to find a big 24hr place that always stocks them, 2 smaller places never had them (part of the issue was inability to order, part was not receiving their orders).

I can't find the stuff with a script never mind on the street! I'm screwed at least for the next week. Gotta love it.

Talk to your doctor, they may be able to direct you to a local pharmacy who can fill your order.

If out your doctor needs to fill something else if medically necessitated that you need them, another brand or opiate etc

Last edited:
There definitely is no shortage of generic , or brand for that matter perc 5mg. Most pharmacies keep several thousand on hand. What it may be, however, is that the chain has used up its monthly quota. You see, the big chains (specifically Walgreens and CVS) have set limits to how many narcs each store can order. Its usually a four or eight week rolling average and if they exceed this, they wont get anymore despite the demand. Try a grocery store or independent store.

If you have a script they have to fill it as written.

I've had a similar issue with 10mg OxyIR in California. Pharmacies just don't even like to carry oxycodone products. I had to find a big 24hr place that always stocks them, 2 smaller places never had them (part of the issue was inability to order, part was not receiving their orders).

That´s amazing hearing you can´t find OxyIR. I suppose they might have another similar Oxy or Opana, something of the kind. Or else, how are you going to solve your pain issue?

Some pharmacies just flat out lie to you.

When I had my adderall script, I got it filled every month at a CVS since they were cheapest and every month was a circus. I'd come in and try to get it filled, and they would look in this folder(not the ACTUAL stock or even the computer), and say it's out. And even refused to keep my script, and fill it when the new order comes in, nor tell me if any other stores had it. And calling them on the phone and asking is a joke.

On several of these occassions, I waited for the next shift and magically it was in stock and would get it filled.

I don't know what their protocol is, but it's really strange.

Here in western Massachusetts there has been a shortage of painkillers, especially 5mg Percs. Two chain pharmacies were completely out and not getting them in for at least a week. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions? Have script.

Im up in Maine and you can't get the shit pretty much anywhere. I have to drive 3 hours to the closest pharmacy that carries them. Such horseshit

Some pharmacies just flat out lie to you.

When I had my adderall script, I got it filled every month at a CVS since they were cheapest and every month was a circus. I'd come in and try to get it filled, and they would look in this folder(not the ACTUAL stock or even the computer), and say it's out. And even refused to keep my script, and fill it when the new order comes in, nor tell me if any other stores had it. And calling them on the phone and asking is a joke.

On several of these occassions, I waited for the next shift and magically it was in stock and would get it filled.

I don't know what their protocol is, but it's really strange.

Yea, many pharmacies take sever liberties when filling narcotic scripts and I really hate them for it. I too have narc scripts once a month and the oxycodone is the toughest. I have found the best thing to do when your regular pharmacy(cies) don't have it, is to hit the road. Forget about phoning any pharmacy because they will tell you it's out of stock 99% of the time unless they know you personally. I had to hit 10-12 one month before I finally found it about 45 minutes from home. What a PITA! Unfortunately, it's seems to be the way things are headed and I really don't think it's going to get any better anytime soon. Good Luck!

damn 5mg... their doin you a favor by being out... lol jp that really does suck

Erikmen. I suffered. But I still run into this issue from time to time. Sucks! Need alternative!

Fuckin wallyworld does this type of shit with opiates & benzos in Canada...
Cutting ya short half your pills or less (I'm not just talking just one of the scripts either) with a fuckin "IOU so many pills in so many days" type of shit going on.
Not worth saving a buck or two on dispensing fee's going to discount chains, never have had any problems with the current independent pharmacy I've been dealing with for a number of years now.