• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxyxodone - puffiness/redness/leaking around eyes

stevehoot

Greenlighter
Hi everyone.

Been taking Oxyxodone as prescribed for a number of years now, but I also skim a little off for recreation too.

Given I've been on it so long and take it daily for pain anyway you won't be surprised to hear I have a fair tolerance to it.

My question is around a side effect I seem to have which is not often reported or noted as far as I know...

When taking a fun dose - say 120mg - a couple a couple of times within a 24 hour period the following day the white of my eyes are a little bloodshot and the skin around my eyes is loose, red/blotchy and the eyes are kinda leaking some clear fluid. If I let it build up and rub it away its an opaque looking jelly... Not dissimilar to the "eye bogies" or "sleepers" you might get when you first wake up in the morning but it's moist.
Not much, but it's constant for a good 24 hours after I've last consumed. Makes me look extremely tired.

Almost seems like some fluid is building up underneath and around / just below my eyes.

Tried taking NSAID's and antihistamines both before and after consumption to see if it help but doesn't seem to make much difference.

No other adverse effects, been like this for years but not when on my prescribed dose, just when I've taken >100mg or so.

For reference it's generic oxyxodone slow release (20mg Ridge Pharma) as well as instant release (ShortTec 5mg). All taken orally.

Anyone know what this is? How can I prevent it?

Thanks

aye idk man but i do know what happened tome:
i used to take oxy,
went to the beach, got severe sunburn, had to get steroids
then developed a very severe skin condition that took years to go away