• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycontin OD worring

Toreadores

Greenlighter
Hey guys I know maybe it's not the right place to put this topic but I got worried and little bit panicked.
I am on oxyconting 40mg lately every 12 hours. I took 1st dose 40mg pill in the morning (7am) and then took another one about about 3 hours later, because today I have lots of trouble and my pain increased as well. Before I jump and go to the ER want to make sure I am not having only a panic attack or just really worried in the moment.

It's about 7 hours since I took the 1st dose and about 4 hours since the 2nd pill (so I am on total 80mg oxycontin right now). I started feeling like very sleepy, distracted, can't stay concentrated and my pulse raised probably around 125-130 in the last hour. I feel like I am in a dream... I am at work but it's like I am afraid to go home and go to sleep. Maybe it's just panic attack and worring if I go to sleep not waking up. I have tolerance to the pills, I am on painkillers for more than a year, started the oxycontin about 10 days ago, before that I was taking Nucynta. 200mg per day.

I am worrng if I am Overdosing. What is the limit of the Oxy that you start the OD? I don't believe 80mg will overdose me but still I am worried. Any ideas how I can reduce these symptoms?
P.S. I haven't took any other medicine today beside the Oxy. And if it does matter - I chewed the pills.

I think you are likely having a panic attack. If you are used to pain pills doubling an extended release pill should make you a little sleepy at most I would think. I know once I was used to opiates doubling up wasn't a big deal, especially extended release. Is your pain at least better?

Opiates are a CNS depressant so the fact your heart rate is elevated I would assume would be more likely caused by a panic attack. Do you have those often? Feel similar?

Yes at least the pain in my pelvis is gone. I took double douse because I have really stressful day at work, just haven't been on oxy for about 1 year and back then I never took more than the recommended dose, the feeling is different from the other pain killers I was (Tramadol, Nucynta, Vicodin etc.) which sometimes I took extra for recreational use, but I have panic attack for 1st time and got really scared even that I know the dose is most likely not enough to cause OD.

I took 15 min break and went outside for a walk, today in Chicago is not that hot and the cool wind had good effect on me. In the office is like 85 degrees, maybe that's one of the reason to make me feel even worse. Thank you for your respond!