• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycontin.....codone

Jdolecek70

Greenlighter
I have been on Oxycodone for the last 2 years....I loved it because it gave me a great mood, energy and motivation and now the doctor changed me to Oxycontin and it doesn't make me high like oxycodone did ... oxycontin is only the time extended version of Oxycodone so how can I get the same results that I was getting from Oxycodone?

The new formulas of oxycontin are abuse resistant. Try dissolving it in water, if it gels up then there's not much you can do and you'll just have to accept that you won't be able to abuse these.

Yeah, they are two completely different animals now. I take 15 mg OxyIR and if I was switched I would be upset. Fortunately it's my breakthrough medicine and not my long acting so that won't happen unless all my medicine is switched around.

I took Oxycontin for a little while and when I tried to break it in half I realized that it was not like my oxy and I couldn't get it to give immediate relief. I'm happy I was switched to Methadone with oxyIR for breakthrough. It's a great combination for me.

I have been on Oxycodone for the last 2 years....I loved it because it gave me a great mood, energy and motivation and now the doctor changed me to Oxycontin and it doesn't make me high like oxycodone did ... oxycontin is only the time extended version of Oxycodone so how can I get the same results that I was getting from Oxycodone?

You can try letting it sit in coca cola overnight... then take it orally

Yeah the newer formulations are a bummer. Knew a guy that even used a drammill tool to grind one down and snort it. Did no good. The time release makes up the entire pill.

Please guys, stay on topic. We don't allow discussion of drug prices or availability as this tends to devolve into sorcery.