• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Oxycodone very underwhelming?

i have a naturally high tolerance to opiates, and need around 90mg IR oxycodone for a decent high, at least 40-60 for effects to be noticable, slightly at 30 but barely. break the time release

i have a naturally high tolerance to opiates, and need around 90mg IR oxycodone for a decent high, at least 40-60 for effects to be noticable, slightly at 30 but barely. break the time release
I’ve been breaking the time release every time buddy, crushing it and putting it in water and downing it. Yeah I’m going to take 40 and see what that’s like.

Oxycodone is what got me started years ago. I get an energetic high from them, not sedating at all. Maybe that's why you are not really noticing much. It's different then IV fent or heroin(for me ) so maybe you were expecting a more intense high. If you have no tolerance or a low one 35mg should get you high. My advice and i'm sure others would be to just stop. It's not a road you will want to be down and as much as you think you can control it you can't.

Oxycodone is what got me started years ago. I get an energetic high from them, not sedating at all. Maybe that's why you are not really noticing much. It's different then IV fent or heroin(for me ) so maybe you were expecting a more intense high. If you have no tolerance or a low one 35mg should get you high. My advice and i'm sure others would be to just stop. It's not a road you will want to be down and as much as you think you can control it you can't.
40mg is as high a dose as I have gone, 20mg sniffed and 20 orally immediately afterwards. I guess I just have really high tolerance because I didn’t feel much. And yup I think that’s what it is sadly, I crave that all encompassing sedating euphoria which I guess I won’t get without heroin, but I don’t trust myself enough to try it.

I'm not a big oxy fan myself though I have had some decent highs. I prefer hydromorphone. Around here the doctors prescribe both like candy to keep people off fentanyl so I've had plenty of both.

Talking to me? I'm in victoria, BC. I'm not sure if its a provincial policy or not but I talked to some people from nanaimo ( a nearby city) and they say its the same, that dillies and oxy are flooding the streets.

Once my tolerance started to get a little bit above ground level, even up to 60mg oxycodone was a little underwhelming even with the IRs.

Didn't realize what the issue was, but it had to have just boiled down to tolerance.

Jeez. Never done methadone to be fair. The other day my friend took 80mg Oxy in one go and was puking for 2 days. I’ve only got sick once from taking 600mg codiene (300mg after the first 300 wore off) when I was about 17. Woke up with the worst headache I’ve ever had in my life, couldn’t even stand up and was puking green bile all day. Would be interested to know what the neurobiology is behind opioid ‘hangovers’ as it’s something that isn’t really discussed anywhere as far as I’ve seen. I was convinced I’d given myself liver damage or something 😆
This is a bit off-topic but from time to time I also get an insane headache the day after codeine. Kinda feels like a migraine, I don't get this "opiate hangover" on other opioids or opiates that i've tried. Doesn't seem to be super common like you say.

To the OP I think it just might be tolerance like people have mentioned. High-dose codeine can give a great high but obviously this gives you tolerance to other opioids and opiates, it might not be 100% cross-tolerant but there definitely is a lot of cross-tolerance between the different opioid drugs.

Or maybe Oxycodone just isn't your drug. Everyone has a different taste!

This is a bit off-topic but from time to time I also get an insane headache the day after codeine. Kinda feels like a migraine, I don't get this "opiate hangover" on other opioids or opiates that i've tried. Doesn't seem to be super common like you say.
This. Codeine gives me a headache pretty much every time the next day. I first assumed that it was somehow caused by the conversion of codeine to morphine in the liver (CYP 2D6) somehow, but then I learned that 2D6 metabolises all opioids so it must be something else in the conversion process which the body just doesn’t really like.

This. Codeine gives me a headache pretty much every time the next day. I first assumed that it was somehow caused by the conversion of codeine to morphine in the liver (CYP 2D6) somehow, but then I learned that 2D6 metabolises all opioids so it must be something else in the conversion process which the body just doesn’t really like.
The first few times I did heroin I got a killer headache the next day ( even multiple days) but it didn't happen reliably. I wonder if the caffeine or acetaminophen have something to do with it.

I like oxy but for some reason i don't respond to it as well as i do to the other opioids (heroin, fent, u-4770 etc.). It gets me high and I enjoy it but I've always had to take it in high doses. With virtually zero opioid tolerance i needed to IV 60mg oxy to catch a decent nod (for a heavy nod i did need 80mg or more). Now when I'm tolerant I don't even entertain myself with the idea of using it. Oxycodone is not a cost effective opioid at all.

Tramal - something like long lasting opioid and serotonin release and inhibition od reuptake, NE inhibition reuptake, Huge doses Are on par with stronger opioids

Codeine - simple, weak but 0-15% morphine
DHC - weak but high dose Is great

Etc etc

Oxycodone - subtle, but potent endorphine functions.
Controlled release - even more subtle but longer high
High doses od IR/ER oxy are suddenly much potent in producing rush or high.

Morphine - much more potent thans oxy, but has very low bioavailability by OR. Also more sedating.

And Its complicated by how able Is your body to produce metabolites. (Oral doses all of them but no codeine)

I don't know what the problem is but 160mg 2 80mg ER didn't even get me that much of a buzz. I had a couple cups of coffee to stop from falling back to sleep but im not THAT high. I think I need a 48 hour detox to bring my tolerance down, cause this is crazy.

Yeah tolerance will build with oxy pretty quickly. You can't expect the euphoria to last forever. But yeah with oxy it seems the dosage just has to increase to such an extreme level that it's not worth it.