• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone + Valium

Melancholy Hill

Bluelighter
I apologize if this is has already been discussed before. I used the search engine and couldn't really find the answer I was looking for.

But anyway, I have 10mg percocets and 10mg valium. Would this be a good combination to take together? I understand taking opioids and benzos at the same time could be potentially dangerous since they are both depressants and slow your central nervous system, but I have an extremely high tolerance to both opioids AND benzos. Besides, I wouldn't be taking that much of both anyway to be more on the safe side.

I was just wondering if these two drugs feel good taken together? Is it worth it? I have heard that benzos decrease the euphoric effects from opioids. Is this true? And if it is, how much does it actually decrease it? Would you still feel euphoric AT ALL? Or would I be better off just taking them separately?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I would greatly appreciate any input on this situation. Thanks for the help!

Some people swear by benzos and opiates for a good time and others (myself included) think benzos just wreck the opiate high. Benzos just knock me out when on opiates or at the very least make me uncomfortably tired and kill all euphoria.

Some people swear by benzos and opiates for a good time and others (myself included) think benzos just wreck the opiate high. Benzos just knock me out when on opiates or at the very least make me uncomfortably tired and kill all euphoria.

Yeah, I will probably take the percocets first then once the buzz wears off take the valium. I take opiates for the euphoria so I don't wanna risk the valium taking that away. I will probably just take the valium afterwards to go to sleep.

Thanks for the response.

They feel amazing together in my opinion and experience taking the two many occasions. Just be safe.

10 mg of oxycodone and valium is safe at a high tolerance, but be careful in the future if you take higher doses because mixing them significantly loweres the fatal dosage. If you decide to mix them in the future, go to your pharmacy and buy some naloxone, it counters opiod overdoses. They sell it over the counter and don't ask questions. As for the feeling of mixing them, some people find it less euphoric, but most people enjoy it overall. Its better for social situations, like parties. If you do it at a party, don't mix alcohol with them, because that's just a death sentence. If you're ever wondering about how a mixture of drugs will feel(not safety concerns), just try it yourself, unless you think it could be unpleasant (instead of less pleasant than alone).

They feel amazing together in my opinion and experience taking the two many occasions. Just be safe.

Safe I was. I ended up not taking them together after all. Was just worried it would have taken the euphoria away which is like I said -- one of the main reasons I use opioids, so I took the perocets last night and just took my valium today :)

Last edited:
10 mg of oxycodone and valium is safe at a high tolerance, but be careful in the future if you take higher doses because mixing them significantly loweres the fatal dosage. If you decide to mix them in the future, go to your pharmacy and buy some naloxone, it counters opiod overdoses. They sell it over the counter and don't ask questions. As for the feeling of mixing them, some people find it less euphoric, but most people enjoy it overall. Its better for social situations, like parties. If you do it at a party, don't mix alcohol with them, because that's just a death sentence. If you're ever wondering about how a mixture of drugs will feel(not safety concerns), just try it yourself, unless you think it could be unpleasant (instead of less pleasant than alone).

10mg of oxycodone with a high tolerance though? I literally wouldn't have felt ANYTHING, unless the valium would have potentiated it?

And I know what naloxone is, I have just never needed it because I always keep my opioid does pretty safe and know my body and my tolerance pretty well. I also don't do heroin or any kind of the harder/more lethal opiates, I just stick to pain pills. Although it wouldn't hurt to have some naloxone on hand in case something unfortunate like an OD or something did end up happening...

And you're right, opiates, benzos. and alcohol is definitely a death sentence haha.

Last edited:
You're better off taking them separately unless your doctor prescribed these together. For me, any benzo reduces Percocet euphoria. The bigger concern would be an adverse reaction because people can overdose from mixing CNS depressants. In the interest of harm reduction, we don't really allow asking if certain drugs or combos are euphoric. Save the valium for when you want to sleep.

You're better off taking them separately unless your doctor prescribed these together. For me, any benzo reduces Percocet euphoria. The bigger concern would be an adverse reaction because people can overdose from mixing CNS depressants. In the interest of harm reduction, we don't really allow asking if certain drugs or combos are euphoric. Save the valium for when you want to sleep.

Thanks for your response, but geez -- you guys are strict here. I understand you're just doing your job, but the main purpose of this thread was to make sure the combination would be safe.

So it's literally against the rules because I want to take something that induces euphoria but wanted to make the the combination would be safe? That's part of harm reduction, is it not? I literally only mentioned "euphoria" twice in my original post. Two other people even mentioned it after I did, but you didn't seem to get on their case. Am I not even allowed to mention the word "euphoria" or something?

And by the way: I did take them separately just to be on the safe side. I took the perocets one night and used the valium the following night to help with sleep. That is why I visit this forum -- because I enjoy using drugs recreationally/for fun on occasion -- and I want to make sure that I take specific measures to be as safe as possible, but some of you guys here just come off as rude/sarcastic about issues and would rather show people that you "in control" rather than try to help them (not all mods now, so don't take it personally). Just my opinion.

I'm not trying to sound like an asshole, but most of the mods always seem to get on my ass about the slightest rules I may have broken. You guys just have so many of them and I am still fairly new and still trying to learn/obey all of them. Please give me a chance because I frequent this forum a lot and whether I post or not, I still browse around quite often just to find out answers about certain things.

Last edited:
I was prescribed 2 20 mg oxy along with 2 7.5 mg percs every 4 hours around the clock and up to 40 mg Valium per day for a week after my partial shoulder replacement surgery and smoking weed, I don't remember a whole lot from that week but I'll never forget being such a euphoric vegetable despite being in pretty serious pain