• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone taper question?

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
Ok i asked a similar question before but a little diff. So i do about 50-60 mg oxycodone a day. Im quitting for good this time no ifs ands buts about it!!!! For now on im only smoking my weed!! Ive been on this bullshit for too long! So i have 70 mg of oxy left i was wondering how i could do a quick taper. Loke how much the firstday (tomorrow ) and then so on....thanks a bunchs...im trying to make this un painful as possible

Im just gonna give you my opinion . Being and ex addict myself just go cold turkey enjoy the last of it then dont touch it. Its not gonna be easy and your not gonna feel good but if I.can do it you can do it. And after withdrawal is over you wont believe you actually did it im rather proud of myself. Im gonna tell you right now being an addict tapering isnt possible your gonna start feeling withdrawal and your gonna see those pills sitting there and thats all it will take. Enjoy your last day on opiates then put em down it sucks but its well worth it the most worth while part of it for me was waking up and not trying to figure out how to hwt them

I don't see how you can taper with that quantity. I mean sure you can try, but you won't get it to where you're breezing through WD. It will stave it off for a few days at best. Load up on immodium and advil and brace yourself. At high doses lope took away the rougher part of my WD symptoms.

It is difficult to taper with such little left, but i would not advise going cold turkey
1st day: two doses of 15mg split up with hours in between (Advisable to keep last dose for an hour or two before bed so that you can hopefully sleep)
2nd day: two doses of 15mg split up again
3rd day: 10mg

Ideally you should find a dose that just stops withdrawal symptoms and DOESN'T get you high. Then every 3 days cut that dose in half. It doesn't sound like you have enough to do that so at least just take less then you usually take and titrate your way up to a non-withdrawing dose. That at least will help train you to get use to going through a day without being high. Then when you done it's just a matter of getting through the withdraw symptoms.

The dosage I was using before I quit was very similar to the one you are on. You will probably have only acute withdraw symptoms.

I actually wrote a guide on this site that can help you with the withdrawal symptoms and some tips on how to taper. You read it here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...to-detox-from-opiates?p=13416355#post13416355