• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone side effects worse when taken orally over snorted?

Alien47

Bluelighter
Alright so I use oxycodones regularly and I ussally snort them and I'm sure as most of u know there are some side effects sometimes such as itchiness sleepiness headaches etc but any ways I feel that wen I do take them orally the side effects are much worst Im itching way more headaches are worst it sucks tho feel good wise it's way better orally the question I want to ask is who else out there has had a similar experience also this is not limited to oxy any opioid really

Thanks for your input appreciate it ?

I used to snort them thinking i get less sick but i realize now it was only in my mind. Plus you get more of the drug just swallowing em

The bio-availability is much higher when you eat the pill because that is how it was made to be absorbed. It's something like 80-95%. When you sniff it the bio-availability drops down to 50%. So every time for example you sniff a 30mg Roxicodone you actually only taking in 15mg. But if you eat that same 30mg Roxi then you just took in twice as much as you're use too. Also when you eat them they release steadily into your bloodstream and give you a longer high at the expense of losing the "rush" you get from sniffing.

But yes I always get a more intense high and more intense side effects when I eat them vs sniffing. Also as the day goes on the bio-availability keeps getting lower since my nose is getting more and more clogged unless I flush my sinuses with a netti pot.

^this, but the flip side is that even though the BA is much higher with an oral ROA, with that comes more intense side effects, the worst of which is constipation IMO. the good thing is almost all of the side effects can be remedied with OTC meds. benadryl for the itching, or hydroxyzine if you have some lying around(be wary of dosage due to its depressant qualities.) immodium for the constipation and maybe a little caffeine for good measure in case a headache comes on.

so in other words, don't waste your product through insufflation and prepare yourself before dosing to eliminate the side effects before they even start.

The itching is a histamine-related problem. I usually take one OTC Allegra (180 mg) about 3 h beforehand. I agree with MBoxer - just swallow them, you're less likely to become addicted.

^this, but the flip side is that even though the BA is much higher with an oral ROA, with that comes more intense side effects, the worst of which is constipation IMO. the good thing is almost all of the side effects can be remedied with OTC meds. benadryl for the itching, or hydroxyzine if you have some lying around(be wary of dosage due to its depressant qualities.) immodium for the constipation and maybe a little caffeine for good measure in case a headache comes on.

so in other words, don't waste your product through insufflation and prepare yourself before dosing to eliminate the side effects before they even start.
Of course there would be more side affects if you get more constipated more of the drug is in your body

I think Formidable misspoke. DO NOT TAKE immodium for constipation, it will make it worse. It's formulated to make you constipated because it's an anti-diarrhea medicine.

you're right, that's my fault, eat some oatmeal.

OK, glad that got cleared up. Hopefully no one rushed out and bought some for their constipation. They would truly be in for a painful lesson in reality. Ouch!