• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone safe after hospital administered Valium?

Structure87

Greenlighter
Ill keep this short and sweet and thank you in advance for your reply.
5 hours ago: 5mg Valium from hospital ( zero tolerance )
4 hours ago: 7.5mg oxycodone
1 hour ago : 7.5 mg oxycodone
about to take another 7.5mg now. is this safe? the Doctor said it would simply make me sleepy but it is concerning because I know its a dangerous combo...
I am not nodding or anything, I'm walking around just fine but am a little tired. I want to make sure i'm being safe.
My tolerance to oxy is 40-60mg a day
sorry for annoying you with my noobness

You should be fine just always be aware and don't be afraid to call emergency service to get you to the ER if you start having trouble breathing or staying conscious, which is not the same as being tired and unable to stay awake although can easily be mistaken for one another.

I have nodded before so I know what that's like. Is it possible to have breathing difficulties while conscious and not nodding or anything of the sort? I'm just trying to educate and keep myself safe. thanks for your reply

It is possible you don't notice the breathing issue and could go to sleep and turn blue hours into your sleep. Honestly though since it didn't mix with the other doses like that and it's already been 5 hours although Valium does have a long half life so you do have good reason to concern. If someone lives with you just ask them to check on you while you sleep and if you take another dose wait at least 3 hours before sleeping if you're concerned or at least after it starts hitting you.

You're not a beginner so you should be able to recognize anything out of the ordinary and you're taking less than your regular dose even with the third one so you should not have to worry.

Yeah I would rather play it safe than sorry. I'm taking far less than I normally would and I honestly feel like I could take another 15mg but I'm just going to call it for the night and resume my normal dose tomorrow. The pain is still pretty bad and the valium did help relax the muscles but I love my oxy to much to even fill the script they gave me lol.
thanks for your help.

i shouldn't think you have anything to worry about it by now

if your opiate tolerance is as high as it is you should have no problems taking that other perk

You certainly aren't opiate naïve, but if this is your first time with benzos I'd probably try to avoid further oxycodone dosing. The two substances (benzos and opiates) are a legendary combo due to the extreme synergistic effects when both are present in your bloodstream.