• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Oxycodone oral and snorting

Hezman94

Bluelighter
If the aim is to get high u like to snort a small.amount wirh a decent.amount.swallowed say forty mg oral twenty.mg snlrted then another ten or twenty if needs bw.
Alao on tripsheet erowid ir says the bioavability is.lower but the dose is stronger so 20mg is like takinf 30mg orally or something.
How does this work.
I never snorr oxys for pain relief i notice you get a high for two to four hours and pain relief for extra hour or two anyone agree onc ethe high wears off.
Were as morphine the high lasta around five hours and the pain relief up to twelve usually around seven.

Oxy is more effective orally, however, like the needle there is a lot to be said about the psychological aspect of snorting the drug. The process of snorting: busting the pill down, splitting it into lines, consuming it through the straw, the burn of the powder can all add to the experience for someone that has developed the habit. In a long term user just the act of snorting a pill can ease w/d before the drug has even had time to kick in. It's like when you go to score and already feel better before you consume them because you have them in hand. Another thing to consider is you will reach the peak of the experience faster with the nasal ROA compared to oral. Oxy doesn't really have a rush but it does come on faster when snorted. Plus most of what is wasted via the drip will find its way to the stomach in time.

I never advise snorting pills because it can cause problems in your lungs due to the binders finding their way to them. Who knows how bad the long term effects of that are. It's best to stick to oral with tablets. However, living in an area of the country where things like Vicodin are snorted I've seen plenty of people refuse to take them orally. They get very high from them despite railing grams of powder and ruining their nasal passages.

Reactions: b52
I never advise snorting pills because it can cause problems in your lungs due to the binders finding their way to them

Unless you're sniffing a gas or doing something severely wrong, the excess that doesn't absorb into nasal mucosa or in the throat will go down the esophagus to the stomach and be further absorbed like oral administration, through the stomach and intestinal walls into the bloodstream.

When it comes to oxycodone, oral is the best route. The faster onset of insufflation is typically not worth the loss for intranasal administration, but it's worth noting some people actually achieve better intranasal bioavailability than with oral bioavailability - this would also be dependent on the formulation as well.

Last edited:
Unless you're sniffing a gas or doing something severely wrong, the excess that doesn't absorb into nasal mucosa or in the throat will go down the esophagus to the stomach and be further absorbed like oral administration, through the stomach and intestinal walls into the bloodstream.

There is a danger with things like silicon dioxide finding their way to the lungs. Lots of people snort to hard and inhale the powder. I know I've done it more than once because I've seen it on exhale and felt it going into the lungs. Even if you exclude the lungs you have issues like deviated septum and other issues related to damage to the nose. Snorting a tablet once or twice isn't really that bad for you but when you're doing it multiple times daily for years on end problems can develop.

I've snorted a variety of things over the years: 2Cs, DPT, cocaine, lots of prescription drugs, and many other things I've forgotten. Of all of those things I'm sure the horrible habit of snorting tablets did the most damage. I once flushed out my sinuses with water/salt and saw binders from weeks ago coming out (I could tell by the color). I doubt something hanging around in my sinuses that long was good for them and I often wonder what's hanging around in my lungs from years ago. Decades ago people used to work with asbestos without protection because it was considered safe. Having seen multiple men in my family suffer with the after effects of that I'm paranoid about my lung health and don't want to risk it with snorting tablets.

I do know what you mean about snorting drugs correctly to avoid powder finding its way to the lungs but having spent time around people that snorted tablets for years I know that most people inhale with too much force. At some point I think we'll see a lot of folks suffering from lung problems due to abuse of opioids in their younger years. I already know of two people locally that have developed COPD from a combination of this and smoking tobacco. My doctor advised me years ago that snorting tablets were a bad idea, he could tell I had done my fair share of it and it had damaged my sinuses.

Lots of people snort to hard and inhale the powder.

I had a feeling this would be the case, it's actually the exact reason I added the "doing something severely wrong."

I sniffed oxycodone for close to 8 years everyday, first OxyContin and then Roxicodone - I actually think I can remember a few times of it "going down the wrong tube" and I could see the particles comes on on the next exhale. Usually in my younger years where you think sniffing harder will work better or when sniffing formulations like Percocet with an insane amount of powder.

Then I became a IV heroin and cocaine addict, it was insane how cheap heroin was compared to oxycodone.

I had a feeling this would be the case, it's actually the exact reason I added the "doing something severely wrong."

I sniffed oxycodone for close to 8 years everyday, first OxyContin and then Roxicodone - I actually think I can remember a few times of it "going down the wrong tube" and I could see the particles comes on on the next exhale. Usually in my younger years where you think sniffing harder will work better or when sniffing formulations like Percocet with an insane amount of powder.

Then I became a IV heroin and cocaine addict, it was insane how cheap heroin was compared to oxycodone.

Yeah I went down a similar path excluding the needle. Heroin was much cheaper but I had to stop taking it because fent flooded the local market soon after and I decided to get off the ride. What I was getting at with the binders is there are a lot of people that snort with too much force. There are also a lot of people that snort tablets like Percocet, Vicodin, and other opioids in combination with acetaminophen. That is stupid because you're putting over a gram of powder in the sinuses for 5-10mg of opioid but it's really common in rural areas in America. It isn't as big of a deal with something like roxicodone tablets because it's far less powder.

I know it's a psychological thing with people snorting large tablets with almost no actives in them. I've tried to explain to them why it's a bad idea but they continue to do it because they don't feel as high from orally dosing. Plus there is a culture around using them with groups. I've seen people splitting 10mg Percocets between 5-6 people a lot. None of them are getting a proper dose from it but the act itself makes them feel good.

Reactions: b52
Generally I don't snort anything unless it's worthy of snorting or it's an hcl powder of some sort. Snorting oxycodone always sucked especially with Tylenol formulations.

H my preferred ROA is nasally, but with oxys it's generally so expensive and ya need so much that I'll just gobble em down and it does the trick.