• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone levels in blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mommakee

Greenlighter
I have a blood test coming up. They are testing my levels of oxycodone. Does anyone know how far back they can test the levels for, is it days or weeks? I'm supposed to take 4 a day. On my very horrible days I take up to 6 or 7. Sometimes that's 3 or 4 days in a row. And other days I only have to take maybe 3. Which is why I'm asking.

Welcome to bluelight Momma but Bluelight isn't capable of answering these kinds of questions. I'll try and help you here but do not take this as gospel as we are not medical people.

Don't know why they are testing your blood ( as opposed to your urine ) but blood levels will detect the amount of oxy you have in your system at the time of the test. Whereas urine is looking for metabolites of the drug and doesn't necessarily define the amount you have in your system?

Why are they testing your blood for oxy levels? Do they suspect you of abuse of your script?

When is the test?

Like I said ......Bluelight doesn't allow these types of questions but I will try and help you before i have to close this.

Welcome to bluelight Momma but Bluelight isn't capable of answering these kinds of questions. I'll try and help you here but do not take this as gospel as we are not medical people.

Don't know why they are testing your blood ( as opposed to your urine ) but blood levels will detect the amount of oxy you have in your system at the time of the test. Whereas urine is looking for metabolites of the drug and doesn't necessarily define the amount you have in your system?

Why are they testing your blood for oxy levels? Do they suspect you of abuse of your script?

When is the test?

Like I said ......Bluelight doesn't allow these types of questions but I will try and help you before i have to close this.
I'm so sorry, I should have read the rules before posting this, my doctor said they have to start doing this yearly with everyone. My guess is new idaho laws maybe or she's trying to cover her clinic and be overly careful because they have been going after doctors here alot if they think they over prescribed pain meds. My test is next week.

I'm so sorry, I should have read the rules before posting this, my doctor said they have to start doing this yearly with everyone. My guess is new idaho laws maybe or she's trying to cover her clinic and be overly careful because they have been going after doctors here alot if they think they over prescribed pain meds. My test is next week.
Oh okay.i get ya. And hey no problem asking the question......you're new and it's fine this time. It's all good.

Okay......since your blood test is next week you are good to go. Starting today ( or by Thursday at the latest ) take only the amount of pills you are prescribed and no more. If its 4 take 4........no less, no more. That way when they test your blood next week it will have the proper level of oxy in your blood that corresponds with your script. You do have pills left right?

That is weird about the blood draw. Normally pain mgmt just wants urine monthly. At least it's only once a year though.

Oh okay.i get ya. And hey no problem asking the question......you're new and it's fine this time. It's all good.

Okay......since your blood test is next week you are good to go. Starting today ( or by Thursday at the latest ) take only the amount of pills you are prescribed and no more. If its 4 take 4........no less, no more. That way when they test your blood next week it will have the proper level of oxy in your blood that corresponds with your script. You do have pills left right?

That is weird about the blood draw. Normally pain mgmt just wants urine monthly. At least it's only once a year though.
Okay I will do that. Thank you so much for your help!!!

Okay I will do that. Thank you so much for your help!!!
More than welcome. My pleasure.

Gonna close this now but stick around and make posts and comments in other threads. Need any help navigating around here don't hesitate to get with me.

And again, welcome to Bluelight.

Status
Not open for further replies.