• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone kind of rapid taper

Hezman94

Bluelighter
Any tips for a kind of a rapid taper.
I been taking extra oxycodone onc e amonth i binge through about 300mg in 2 days which jacks my tolerance.
I also have odd days where I take 20-30mg morphine on top of my 50mg oxy, so in a day I could do 80mg say.

Told my doctor kind of and he gave me oxycontin 30mg twice a day instead of oxycontin 20mg twice a day and two 5mg shortecs.
So in theory Im on a higher dose to him and I get 10mg more in total a day.

Will I have a bad withdrawal if I just take the oxycontin 30mg normally which is my target, or atleast one pill extended and the other in to one 15mg dose and I do think just halfing the pill doesnt destroy the time release completely.
I got all vitamins and amino acids I know that part, Luckily I have aquired 11 gabapentins 300s so going to take them tommorow and try stick to dose of 60mg.
The doctors gave me a script and the chemist didnt ask for my other pills back, I did take some back though incase the dr rang and asked If I bought any back.
I did lose a "few" though unfortunately hehe (bACKUP)

But yeah im sick of crushing my tabs all day I want to atleast get to 45mg extended and 15mg instant through day or even the whole 60mg instant.

Am I correct in that 20-30percent of your dose is released at first then you get the rest over the next 8 hours? because I know a lady who takes 40mg doesnt crush it and gets a gouche and lot, I have before at lower tolerance but she been on them years!