• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxycodone cNot working? CYP interaction?

pally pete

Bluelighter
Oxycodone - Not working? CYP interactions?
Hi all,
I have been taking 40 mg Fluoxetine and Omeprazole 20 mg per day for around 3 months. The problem is I sometime have a little Oxy binge (Which I plan for later today) The thing I've noticed (Could be imagination - but not tolerance as I rarely use Oxy OC;s and I haven't any used Opiates for a while)
The buzz is diminished/somewhat lacking.
I thought I noticed this before when I was on Fluoxetine?? As far as i understand Fluoxetine and Omeprazole are cyp2d6 inhibitors. I'm guessing this has something to do with it.. Although a lot of the literature says if anything it should increase the Oxy/buzz.
From what I have read, CYP3A4 has a far bigger impact on the metabolisation of Oxycodone in to the major active metabolite... Although CYP2D6 does play a smaller role.. mainly metabolisiing it to an inactive/less important/active compound..

A few weeks back I took 240 mg and drank 1 litre white grapefruit a couple of hours before Oxy and hardly felt a thing???? :( I don't want to wasted them again... I have many CYP3A4 Indcuers (Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Sodium Valproate (Valproic Acid) etc...
Would taking any of these CYP3A4 inducers have any impact today? Also what/if any CYP2D6 inhibitors/inducers could help matters?
Many thanks for your time

Last edited:
Oxycodone - Not working? CYP interactions?
Hi all,
I have been taking 40 mg Fluoxetine and Omeprazole 20 mg per day for around 3 months. The problem is I sometime have a little Oxy binge (Which I plan for later today) The thing I've noticed (Could be imagination - but not tolerance as I rarely use Oxy OC;s and I haven't any used Opiates for a while)
The buzz is diminished/somewhat lacking.
I thought I noticed this before when I was on Fluoxetine?? As far as i understand Fluoxetine and Omeprazole are cyp2d6 inhibitors. I'm guessing this has something to do with it.. Although a lot of the literature says if anything it should increase the Oxy/buzz.
From what I have read, CYP3A4 has a far bigger impact on the metabolisation of Oxycodone in to the major active metabolite... Although CYP2D6 does play a smaller role.. mainly metabolisiing it to an inactive/less important/active compound..

A few weeks back I took 240 mg and drank 1 litre white grapefruit a couple of hours before Oxy and hardly felt a thing???? :( I don't want to wasted them again... I have many CYP3A4 Indcuers (Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Sodium Valproate (Valproic Acid) etc...
Would taking any of these CYP3A4 inducers have any impact today? Also what/if any CYP2D6 inhibitors/inducers could help matters?
Many thanks for your time
I’m sorry no one can accurately tell you why it’s not working as well as it once did. 240 mg is an extremely high dose for some. I just took a 10 and I feel like passing out. But I suspect somewhere you’ve ran a tolerance up to the point it would take years of not taking it just to get that effect again. Do you use kratom?

Also, you’re your own guide to your life, not telling you what to do. But in interest of harm reduction I’d like to point out that potentiation especially at those doses may not be doing anything but raising your tolerance with no buzz I suspect abstinence to truly be the only thing that would help. It took a year for me, I’m not sure what yours would be