View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Oxycodone and psychedelics

nuube

Bluelighter
Hi all. I have several damaged disks in my back as well as pain in other parts of my body. I take Oxycodone twice a day and when the pain is very bad I take tramadol as well.

I always stay away form the opioids when tripping believing they dull the trip. But this means I also have to put up with a lot of pain which in itself detracts from the trip.

I am planning to increase my dose of 1p-LSD moving from 150mcg to 450mcg. I am thinking since it is a much bigger dose that it should over ride the opioids and because I have taking the opioids then I wont have the trip distracted by the pain. I will only be taking the Oxy and not the Tramadol.

WWhat do you Bluelighters think - should I still try and avoid hte opioids or go with them?

Many thanks for replies.

Don't stop taking your medication for the sake of a trip. 150mcg to 450mcg is too big of a jump. Try 250mcg first.

Don't stop taking your medication for the sake of a trip. 150mcg to 450mcg is too big of a jump. Try 250mcg first.

I've had 150mcg 1p_lsd and 150mcg Eth-LAD together so not such a big jump.

Considering I've been using the Oxy for months I wonder if it will make a big impact on the trip?

Thanks for the response clocktower.

I've had 150mcg 1p_lsd and 150mcg Eth-LAD together so not such a big jump.

Were you also on oxycodone?

Considering I've been using the Oxy for months I wonder if it will make a big impact on the trip?

There's no real way of knowing in advance, you'll just have to test the water.

I personally take opioids intentionally on LSD sometimes. I find it doesn't dull the trip itself much at all, and it heightens the pleasure I sometimes get from the acid body load. I haven't got the same build up in my system though, I'm not prescribed any nor do I use them that often.

Were you also on oxycodone?

There's no real way of knowing in advance, you'll just have to test the water.

I have been on strong opioids longer than I have been tripping, (bar a few months in my 20's). I've been on the Oxy for a couple of years and had been on Tramadol for about 8 years before this. The drugs don't kill all the pain so I use cannabis as well.

Normally when tripping I trip at night and I skip the morning and evening Oxy and use paracetamol, ibuprofen and cannabis. Unfortunately they are not as good as the strong ones and during the trip I have uncomfortable pain/sensations which are off putting.

I normally only stay around the 150mcg of lysergamides and up to 60mg of the likes of 4-HO-MET.

I am thinking since I am planning ot ramp up the dose it should over come any dulling by the OXY.

Also since I am taking it so long tolerance is built I never notice any drowsiness or relaxation from taking it so THINK that it really should have minimal impact, (but try to minimise that anyway).

I used to take strong pod tea and mushrooms all the time. It made for a slightly different trip in that it was more chilled out and comfortable, but I didn't notice any reduction in trippy effects or weird factor.

I would definitely have noticed a difference with Tramadol, but I know it has an effect on Serotonin whereas not so, (not so much) with the Oxy.