• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone and NyQuil

Hi there, welcome to BDD! I made you your own thread, better to do that if you have a question rather than post in a current thread :)

NyQuil has.. APAP, DXM and doxylamine in it? Make sure you don't take more than the recommended dose (so you aren't ingesting too much APAP, or becoming delirious from the doxylamine) and expect it to add to the sedation, the DXM and the doxylamine will both potentiate the oxycodone so bear this in mind. Make sure you don't combine it with any other CNS depressants (alcohol, benzos etc) too :)

It's not an inherently dangerous combination, no. Keep dosages in check as effie said, and you'll do fine.

Sweet dreams. :)

Don't do it lots of things could happen including respitory depression then death then everyone misses you then people cry then they ask why then they do a toxology report and discover you took NyQuil with oxycodone then they sue the company then they lose because you aren't susposed to mix medications without talking to your doctor then they lose money for hiring a people for the case you lost that still want paid then they are broke and all because you didn't ask about mixing drugs and not to mention your dead...... :( IMO

But I may be a little overreactive ;)

^ The OP did say "an oxycodone" meaning that it can't be a HUGE dose, as even ER medications that I'm currently aware of don't exceed 80mg, and if (s)he was getting in with those, I don't expect that the OP would be terribly opiate naive - leading me to believe it's between 5-10mg of oxy. Combined with a therapeutic dose of NyQuil / pretty much any decongestant like that, I don't see much issue. Only problem I can see is if someone used a DXM-containing product while using an SSRI/SNRI or other AD/AP causing a negative reaction.

Again, this advice is based on the (yes, poorly made perhaps) assumption that the OP is taking rather low doses of each substance.

Otherwise, yes, either single chemical not even combined with anything can kill in large enough amounts.

^ The OP did say "an oxycodone" meaning that it can't be a HUGE dose, as even ER medications that I'm currently aware of don't exceed 80mg, and if (s)he was getting in with those, I don't expect that the OP would be terribly opiate naive - leading me to believe it's between 5-10mg of oxy. Combined with a therapeutic dose of NyQuil / pretty much any decongestant like that, I don't see much issue. Only problem I can see is if someone used a DXM-containing product while using an SSRI/SNRI or other AD/AP causing a negative reaction.

Again, this advice is based on the (yes, poorly made perhaps) assumption that the OP is taking rather low doses of each substance.

Otherwise, yes, either single chemical not even combined with anything can kill in large enough amounts.

DXM at low doses (i.e. - recommended dose of Nyquil) is basically safe with SSRIs, studies have shown that. recommended dose of Nyquil added to your usual dose of oxy would give a decent boost and be pretty safe. But I'll give the advice I always give about potentiators: if your "usual dose" totally knocks you on your ass DON'T add a potentiator unless you want to OD.

DXM at low doses (i.e. - recommended dose of Nyquil) is basically safe with SSRIs, studies have shown that. recommended dose of Nyquil added to your usual dose of oxy would give a decent boost and be pretty safe. But I'll give the advice I always give about potentiators: if your "usual dose" totally knocks you on your ass DON'T add a potentiator unless you want to OD.

I hate hate hate nyquil with oxy. The first day of my script I always overdo the oxy a little and can't sleep. I've learned that nyquil (which usually works wonderfully as a sleep aid) has just the opposite effect when I'm on oxy. I've taken ten in the last 8 hours, along with soma and valium, desperately trying to sleep and ... no way. this isn't unusual for me, BTW. 2-3 Nyquil typically knock me out, but I am awake and damned unhappy about it when I'm trying to sleep on oxy. Every. Single. Time.

I take it to conserve my other sedatives -- Valium, soma, etc. but this is it. No more nyquil with oxy. And you won't get high. For some reason the nyquil just knocks the hell out of the oxy high. don't even waste your oxy if you've taken Nyquil within the last 6-8 hours.