• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone and codeine question

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Okay so for around 10 years I started off taking 8 50mg tramadol per day for about 4 years then onto the codeine 30mg tabs again 8 per day, currently still taking codeine 8 per day in total sometimes many more, not simply to get high but I have bone problems and sciatica, just got my hands on some oxycodone 15mg.

Question 1 - what's more euphoric, codeine or oxycodone?

Question 2 - for someone use to opiates how many 15mg oxycodone would it take to get me a nice high ? I don't want to risk a random amount and end up ODing...

Also, anything I can add to potinate these, such as diazepam or weed ,?

Oxycodone is far more euphoric and much stronger than codeine.

for someone use to opiates how many 15mg oxycodone would it take to get me a nice high ? I don't want to risk a random amount and end up ODing...

25mg of oxycodone would be roughly equivalent to your total daily dose of 240mg codeine (if you took them all at once).

30mg should give you a very pleasant buzz depending on your tolerance levels, but you might just want to take 15mg first to gauge it's potency

in terms of overdose oxycodone is fairly forgiving in that respect, it has a relatively high LD50 if taken by itself in the absence of other CNS depressants such as diazepam or alcohol.

I would be very careful taking more than 60mg at once if you really don't know what you're doing. Not only from a safety aspect, but from an addiction aspect. Oxycodone is significantly more abusable and addictive than codeine.

Also, anything I can add to potinate these, such as diazepam or weed ,?

Both will potentiate, but taking high doses with diazepam is an easy way to die.

Taking 25mg of diphenhydramine (benadryl) or small amounts of dextromethorphan can enhance the effect, but will also increase drowsiness.

25mg of oxycodone would be roughly equivalent to your total daily dose of 240mg codeine (if you took them all at once).

30mg should give you a very pleasant buzz depending on your tolerance levels, but you might just want to take 15mg first to gauge it's potency

in terms of overdose oxycodone is fairly forgiving in that respect, it has a relatively high LD50 if taken by itself in the absence of other CNS depressants such as diazepam or alcohol.

I would be very careful taking more than 60mg at once if you really don't know what you're doing. Not only from a safety aspect, but from an addiction aspect. Oxycodone is significantly more abusable and addictive than codeine.

Both will potentiate, but taking high doses with diazepam is an easy way to die.

Taking 25mg of diphenhydramine (benadryl) or small amounts of dextromethorphan can enhance the effect, but will also increase drowsiness.
I took 15mg about 7 hours ago then an hour ago took another 15mg oxy but just felt Noddy haven't managed to feel euphoric. I should mention I snorted both

So with diazepam to be safe avoid taking the same day as oxy ?

But I can take codeine with oxy ?

Just have a nod on as I'm writing here not any euphoria.

Also the oxys I've got say either slow or prolonged release,

I took 15mg about 7 hours ago then an hour ago took another 15mg oxy but just felt Noddy haven't managed to feel euphoric. I should mention I snorted both

Just have a nod on as I'm writing here not any euphoria.
Probably tolerance, considering you've been taking tramadol and codeine for a long time I assume. 15mg of oxy isn't going to blast through your tolerance like that.

Better just to take the oxy orally. It has a 30% lower bioavailability in the nose, you are essentially wasting 1/3rd of the pill by snorting it.

Also, almost all oxy pills have abuse deterrent in them now, which further reduces their absorption when snorted.

Try eating 2 of them.

So with diazepam to be safe avoid taking the same day as oxy ?
Taking one or two diazepam with your daily prescribed oxy is not going to kill you... just don't go crazy with it. Right?

Just keep in mind that combo has killed countless people (if either drug is taken in high doses together).

Also addictive.

But I can take codeine with oxy ?
Yes.

Also the oxys I've got say either slow or prolonged release,

then they definitely have abuse deterrent in them

don't snort them, eat them

if you want them to hit faster, crush them up first before swallowing

Probably tolerance, considering you've been taking tramadol and codeine for a long time I assume. 15mg of oxy isn't going to blast through your tolerance like that.

Better just to take the oxy orally. It has a 30% lower bioavailability in the nose, you are essentially wasting 1/3rd of the pill by snorting it.

Also, almost all oxy pills have abuse deterrent in them now, which further reduces their absorption when snorted.

Try eating 2 of them.

Taking one or two diazepam with your daily prescribed oxy is not going to kill you... just don't go crazy with it. Right?

Just keep in mind that combo has killed countless people (if either drug is taken in high doses together).

Also addictive.

Yes.

Thankyou brother. Your a brilliant advisor. Next dose I will take 30mg. Would in a few hours be ok to take another 30mg ?

Try eating 2 of them.

Also addictive.

Yes.

Or would it be better to take the oxys tomorrow and just take orally. I don't like risk hence asking on forums first. Would it be worth taking 30mg again in a few hours like I say I'm use to codeine high from a 240mg at once. With 2-4 10mg diazepam

Considering you have tolerance, you are not going to overdose from taking a few extra 15mg oxy in a day. Unless you have some medical condition, or are well up there in age, or you are the size/weight of a child, it would probably take over 90mg in one dose to put you into a significantly dangerous situation... but that's not advice to do so and is not a good idea, so don't. This is a harm reduction forum, so I would advise you to just wait so you don't start building more tolerance. They used to make 80mg instant release pills (they still do, but don't prescribe that much unless your leg was just amputated). If you have tolerance, it's not going to kill you at that amount... unless you do something like take 40mg diazepam on top of it.

I get that you are trying to get a buzz on but also want to be safe. There is a fine line between giving reasonable advice on that while not contributing to someone furthering their addiction or killing themselves. I'm not trying to be snooty, it's just what this forum is for; keeping people safe and healthy.

Just wait ~6 hours after you snorted the last pill and eat 30mg. Go from there. Take up to 60mg if you want... I mean whatever, but don't be surprised if your script is gone in 10 days and your mild dependence to codeine turns into full blown heavy opioid addiction.

With 2-4 10mg diazepam
This is overkill and dangerous. 5-15mg of diazepam is well enough to potentiate the euphoria of oxy. Any more than that and you're just going to fall asleep... and potentially stop breathing.

You only need a little bit to potentiate. More = Less Breathing.

diazepam only slightly increases the euphoria anyways, it mostly just increases the sedation and relaxation. It does not magically unlock additional euphoria of an opioid.

Last edited:
Your a very kind and experienced person to be able to give such detailed and true advice. It's been 6 hours now over 6 hours. So going to take 30mg orally.

So you agree the 30mg at once should definitely give me a buzz more than a nod ?

Then possibly 5-10mg diazepam later tonight just dependojg on if I feel I need it.

Btw I'm only scripted codeine the diazepam I buy and the oxys was given to me

Oxycodone Is more potent so 10mg = 100mg codeine / tramadol ( i guess u are good CYP2D6 metaliser) so take maybe 1 tablet and wait 1-2 hours, do not take more at Once because you'll get more tolerant very soon.

Oxycodone Is more potent so 10mg = 100mg codeine / tramadol ( i guess u are good CYP2D6 metaliser) so take maybe 1 tablet and wait 1-2 hours, do not take more at Once because you'll get more tolerant very soon.
Will the prolonged release oxycodone still give me a buzz/feel good compared to codeine. I've just taken 30mg about 45 mins ago

Will the prolonged release oxycodone still give me a buzz/feel good compared to codeine. I've just taken 30mg about 45 mins ago
It's less of endorphine rush but the high will be 8-10 hours of pain relief and good feeling.

It's less of endorphine rush but the high will be 8-10 hours of pain relief and good feeling.
Okay thankyou. I do have an opiate tolerance already but I think as well as been advised 30mg at once was a good reference point. I think next time will be 45-60mg as they will be gone then as only managed to be given 10 tabs maybe a few more.

U shouldn't be too fcked up nor overdose on 30mgs.
I'm trying to find the sweet point as until yesterday had never had oxys, just codeine and tramadol but have a bug tolerance as been taking for almost 11 years