• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone 10mg fast heart rate

g_dan1

Bluelighter
Hello everyone,
I posted earlier about trying oxycodone for the first time and not feeling anything.
Well about an hour ago i took 2 percocets (10mg oxy) and chewed them.
I dont feel high at all. In fact i just feel very drowsy and at the same time my heart rate is EXTREMELY FAST! it was about 120-130 bpm.
Is it possible that oxy can give me that kind of anxiety?? Yea i was a little anxious before taking it, but about 1hr after i took it my heart rate got EVEN FASTER!! This seems very strange to me....
Yesterday i took a small dose of adderall and was working on a big essay at night. Got only 4 hours of sleep. Can it be due to that and my dopamine being depleted?

I still cant explain the heart rate tho!! My heart rate rn is faster than when i snorted adderall yesterday and felt awesome!!! Its really weird, feeling drowsy but at the same time getting anxiety because of my racing heart.
Im sorry if my post looks disorgonized. I am writing this right now (1.5 hrs after taking oxy) cuz im kinda worried about my heart rate going over the safe limit...

Update: i tried some special techniques for relaxation and slowing down heart rate and managed to get it down to about 90 bpm. Still pretty high...
Isnt oxycodone supposed to be sedative for the body? I really cant explain this... no euphoria either which totally sucks :( i got more euphoria from 10 mg adderall than 10mg oxy :(((

It sounds like you just induced anxiety from anticipation of trying to feel the euphoric effects of oxycodone.
You may need to take a higher dose, it just may be your tolerance.
The feeling isn't like tripping, it's a very relaxed feeling, blissful so to speak.

Just relax and your anxiety will sub-side. :)

Yea that is very possible. I get mini panic attacks sometimes. Especially when taking drugs and being worried about their side effects.
I am very drowsy atm but kinda scared to go to sleep cuz of my heart rate.

It also sucks that 10mg didnt get me any high. Didnt even get me any usual side effects from opiates lol (nausea, itching, constricted pupils) Wasted 4 percocets already just trying to get high....
I am about 140-150lbs. with my opiate tolerance.
Should i go for 15 mg next time? Or 20?
Thanks!

I can't explain why but I can say that I've had the same thing happen before when I first started taking hydromorphone even to the point that I called the doctor and exchanged the prescription. In the long run I gave it another shot and hydromorphone became my DOC. I may be wrong but it seemed like it was my body overcompensating for the decreases respiratory effect with adrenaline. The dose is not out of the norm and oxycodone is chemically one of the safest drugs when the acetaminophen is kept within normal limits so you can rest your mind about that. I think it's a case of you not being accustomed to it and not an adverse reaction per se.

Thanks for helping! Yea its about 2hrs since i took oxy and i managed to fully calm down now. My heart rate is back to about 70 bpm.
Also im not feeling as drowsy anymore. Very strange... drowsiness seems to be connected to anxiety and fast heart rate for me...

However now i have another problem.. i didnt get high and wasted my percs :(

No you definitely felt them or you wouldn't feel groggy. When I started it was several doses and days in before a single 5mg rocked my world. There are a lot of factors that go into the experience from mood to what and when you last ate/drank anything. Give it time. Don't overdo it. Think long and hard about what you intend to do past that great high. Too many like it too much and sell their souls chasing it.

I didnt feel any pleasant effects tho :(
Is it possible that my body is adjusting to the chemical and i cant feel it the first few times? Like with weed? I remember i only got stoned on my 3rd or 4th try and it took me by surpirse

Yes very possible. Like I said the same thing happened to me. With weed for me it took many many tries to get a high where I understood why people liked it and then it was so intense I couldn't stand up. I don't doubt your ability to get high off 5mg. Search the threads on here specific to oxy experiences and potentiation. You will see trends and see what factors most contribute to the experience. I don't think you need to increase dose. This is one drug I have many years experience with and I think you just need to maximize metabolic opportunity and give it time.

Yea very strange.. i thought opiates are supposed to lower it. Instead it was faster than when i took adderall lol

So if you think about your heart being a peristaltic pump you might understand why heart rate rises up when taking oxycodone.

Amount of blood flowing through a point of you is exactly heart rate * blood pressure so if your brains want to take any given amount of blood and your blood pressure drops which leads to lower amount of blood flowing through your brains then your brains must compensate that loss of blood flow by accelerating heart rate.

Blood flow(Bf) = Heart rate(Hr) * Blood pressure(Bp)

So Bf=1, Hr=1 and Bp=1 and then oxies drop Bp to 0.5 then what must happen to Hr in order for Bf to stay at 1?

NSFW:
1=2*0.5 so Heart rate doubles.

So if you think about your heart being a peristaltic pump you might understand why heart rate rises up when taking oxycodone.

Amount of blood flowing through a point of you is exactly heart rate * blood pressure so if your brains want to take any given amount of blood and your blood pressure drops which leads to lower amount of blood flowing through your brains then your brains must compensate that loss of blood flow by accelerating heart rate.

Blood flow(Bf) = Heart rate(Hr) * Blood pressure(Bp)

So Bf=1, Hr=1 and Bp=1 and then oxies drop Bp to 0.5 then what must happen to Hr in order for Bf to stay at 1?

NSFW:
1=2*0.5 so Heart rate doubles.

The blood vessels are too elastic for this to apply. If tubing is rigid, then fluid pressure directly correlates with flow rates. However, the blood vessels' elasticity allows for small changes in the 'tubing' diameter to account for changes in fluid pressure (within non-extreme ranges of course).

It was most likely anxiety induced--especially since you were able to slow it way down with relaxation techniques

I had similar things happen from opioids/opiates....from anxiety to full blown paranoia.
Happened gladly only a few times

Yes, i think it was definitely anxiety. However i read that opiates are commonly used for anxiety and releive it. Does that mean my dose was too little?

Opiates are not commonly used for anxiety. To a chronic pain patient, anxiety often goes hand in hand with both their condition and all the issues surrounding their treatment so there is no doubt the act of taking their meds can cause decrease in their anxiety. But the risks of dependance, tolerance, and addiction make them something very few (if any) doctors would prescribe for anxiety.

I am not even so sure the drug was to blame for the anxiety. Rather, you were probably a bit apprehensive and induced a mini-panic attack. Go easy, man. I would be lying if I said I didn't love opioids and oxycodone in particular, but it can turn bad very quickly.

Is it possible that oxy can give me that kind of anxiety??

oxy gives me crazy anxiety when it kicks in and then tapers off and i feel good. but personally for me having that kind of anxiety over and over day after day made it not the drug for me despite it being wonderful in so many other ways. :/

I am not even so sure the drug was to blame for the anxiety. Rather, you were probably a bit apprehensive and induced a mini-panic attack. Go easy, man. I would be lying if I said I didn't love opioids and oxycodone in particular, but it can turn bad very quickly.

its pretty common with percs. google percocet anxiety and theres a bunch of people who have that reaction.

I am aware it is a possibility and there is very little Google would tell me about oxycodone. :) I of course am speculating but do not think that is the case here.

well thats bad news for me... I thought oxy could help me with my anxiety a bit :(