• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone 10/325 withdrawal question, seeking advice...

salajko

Greenlighter
I have pinched nerv in my neck that is causing pain in my shoulder. I have spine fusion surgery scheduled on 3/20/17.

I"ve been on Oxycodone 10/325 for past two weeks and it will be total of 3 weeks by the time I have surgery. I am taking 60-80 mg daily.

I wake up feeling like shit, 'till I take Oxy. This is going to be a problem after the surgery.

Question: What medicine should I ask my Doctor to prescribe to help me with Oxycodone withdrawal? I'll definatelly need something for sleeping.

What are the basic withdrawal tips?

Well the best thing you can get for withdraws and still get a nice buzz. Ask your doctor for suboxone. You still get a pretty decent buzz from it but not as strong and no withdraws. But just cut back your oxy dose to 10 mgs every 4 to five hours

I am looking for way to cut Oxy forever, not looking to switch one problem with another.

If your looking to come completely off of Oxy you should ask your doctor for Valium, use it wisely for 2 weeks or so and withdrawal symptoms should be bearable by then and you shouldn't get withdrawals from the Valium.

Thank you so much brother, it's fucking scary how quickly Oxy's got grip on me. I woke up this morning feeling ill, with lump in my throat and was pretty pissed at everybody around me yelling and screaming...wow...

That's pretty scary how quickly the oxy got a grip on you. Can you take any other medications for pain or try to take less? I have a cervical issue, too and switch up between other nsaids between doses. With your surgery being so close, that's probably not be an option for you though. Being on these medications can be habit forming, as you've seen and I'm thinking your withdrawals won't be too bad from three weeks of usage. A few days of gabapentin or clonidine would be useful to mitigate this issue. I hope your surgery goes well!

In my experiences; asking for a certain drug sets off a flag "addict seeking drugs" I never asked but questioned about the drugs and it all worked out for me getting what I wanted.