• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodon HCL Sandoz 5mg extended release tablets.

Shamanism

Bluelighter
I just got into possession of a few 5mg Oxycodone HCL Sandoz XR tablets and was wondering how to get the best buzz out of them.

I read a bit about the time release mechanism some can be crushed some have an outer layer that needs to be peeled off others turn to mush when in contact with water or when snorted etc. Does anybody have experience with these? Also what would be a good dose without any tolerance to get some nice effects?

Ingredients

Active ingredients:

• Oxycodone Sandoz 5mg - 5mg oxycodone hydrochloride
Inactive ingredients:
Excipients core:

• maize starch
  • behenoyl polyoxylglycerides
  • lactose
  • medium chain triglycerides
  • copovidone
  • castor oil - hydrogenated
  • colloidal anhydrous silica
  • magnesium stearate
Excipients coating:

• hypromellose
  • microcrystalline cellulose
  • stearic acid
  • titanium dioxide
  • indigo carmine aluminium lake (5mg tablets only)

I don't think they make 5mg extended release tablets. It's too low a dose, that would be equivalent to 2.5mg of oxycodone at its peak.

That looks like the formulation for a standard IR release tablet. Not every oxycodone tablet is time released. I suspect you just have to pop them in your mouth and eat them.

Thanks, was going to eat them one way or another, but these do have an extended release mechanism Sandoz makes Oxycodone HCL retard in 5 mg, 10 mg and 20 mg.
(But indeed 5mg did seem week to the person who got the script and now takes 10mg twice daily, which still doesn't do much for her neurophatic pain, but makes her sleepy)

When reading this:
The prolonged-release tablets must not be crushed or chewed as this leads to rapid oxycodone releasedue to the damage of the prolonged release properties. The administration of chewed or crushedOxycodone Hydrochloride leads to a rapid release and absorption of a potentially fatal dose ofoxycodone (see section “If you take more Oxycodone Hydrochloride than you should”). it seems crushing (a safe dose?), could be an option and if they are IR there is no harm done right?;)

Regarding dosage: I was thinking about 10 or 15mg I see they also make IR in 5, 10 and 20mg (so 20mg probably isn't lethal) and have only a few of these available (max 15-25mg total) and won't get my hands on an opiod after this as it isn't very commonly prescribed here and I will never buy any, so don't want to waste them, Would 10 or 15mg be a good dose to start?

Last edited: