• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodome

Pandabear47

Bluelighter
I’ve been on this for years. Then my supplier disappeared. I’m having awful withdrawal and don’t want to start. Don’t know where to go next?

I was in this situation very recently. I'd get some lope/sleeping pills. You can choose to see this as a setback, or a major life victory.

Your withdrawal is going to be awful. I won't sit here and lie to you to console you and make you feel better. But for me it was 12 days of pure misery and then I started to feel at least okay enough to walk around and function like a normal person with endorphins again. You can buy some kratom to knock the horribleness of it all down a par, as long as you don't become dependent on taking it everyday.

Another option is to seek out a suboxone doctor in your area--health insurance usually covers that but I know health insurance is very tricky especially during this COVID time period. The suboxone is a way to deal with it relatively painlessly especially with a great doctor, but I wouldn't go on methadone for something like oxycodone-it's too potent.

Other than that, there's not a way to dodge the withdrawal unless you magically find a supplier again. It probably feels like life will never be good again, but it really does end up being fine everytime lol. It's just the next few days are going to be quite brutal. Plus, whether you use again or not tolerance really is quite the bitch. It's good to spend some time away from opiates so it'll at least feel good again and the positive qualities return if you do indeed find another supply.

I'd imagine thousands of people have/are facing the same dilemma. I know what it's like. The sickness really is inevitable when you play the opiate game. When anyone feels the first percocet, they just know something doesn't sit right. You can tell that the high never comes for free right at the beginning lol.

Last edited:
I am going through a very similar situation! It’s been 6 days since my last dose and I feel pretty miserable! The first two days into withdrawal, I felt okay (which was weird) and then day 3 hit and wow did it suck. The goosebumps, chills, hot/cold sweats, skin crawling, etc.

I agree with the kratom as it’s been helping me but want to make sure I don’t get hooked on that. Does anyone know the duration it takes to get physically dependent on kratom?

I also took some loperamide to help and I think it is somewhat. I also have some Xanax. Even with all that I can still feel discomfort.

when will this end!!

Unless you take kratom everyday for months after this you won't face a withdrawal from it (just a minor general opiate withdrawal from replacing the oxy with kratom). Kratom is a very unique opiate and I was actually going into withdrawals from it itself (even if on opioids).

Sounds like you're in the peak of it. It gets much better after this but you're going to feel slightly crappy all the time for a while. I don't like sugar coating things for people experiencing withdrawal to make them feel better about it. For me the hardest part is after you feel like absolute CRAP. It's a flat and grey world for a while (some people refer to it as the plateau), where no matter what you do it's hard to enjoy anything. You could bang the hottest dude/babe in the world and it still feels like "eh," or take a trip to a tropical island and still not find yourself fully enjoying it. I won't lie to you the plateau lasts a LONG time. My best advice is to try your hardest to not get back on oxy. It provides instantaneous relief but I've never been happy about being back on it. Give it 3-4 more days of feeling like complete shit and that part will be over imo. The plateau lasts for me about 2 months and lingers a bit longer at times. This is very daunting to read I know. But it's important to know what to expect imo.

If you do get back on it, every word I wrote will repeat over and over again and the plateau lasts longer and longerrr each time you withdraw. It's just a hellish cycle. There's a reason why every junkie fantasizes about getting clean lol. But you have a unique opportunity to break free and never look back. A lot of junkies would kill for that opportunity.

Last edited:
Unless you take kratom everyday for months after this you won't face a withdrawal from it (just a minor general opiate withdrawal from replacing the oxy with kratom). Kratom is a very unique opiate and I was actually going into withdrawals from it itself (even if on opioids).

Sounds like you're in the peak of it. It gets much better after this but you're going to feel slightly crappy all the time for a while. I don't like sugar coating things for people experiencing withdrawal to make them feel better about it. For me the hardest part is after you feel like absolute CRAP. It's a flat and grey world for a while (some people refer to it as the plateau), where no matter what you do it's hard to enjoy anything. You could bang the hottest dude/babe in the world and it still feels like "eh," or take a trip to a tropical island and still not find yourself fully enjoying it. I won't lie to you the plateau lasts a LONG time. My best advice is to try your hardest to not get back on oxy. It provides instantaneous relief but I've never been happy about being back on it. Give it 3-4 more days of feeling like complete shit and that part will be over imo. The plateau lasts for me about 2 months and lingers a bit longer at times. This is very daunting to read I know. But it's important to know what to expect imo.
Thank you for your advice!! So I’ve only taken about 3g’s of kratom once or twice a day for the past 5 days. How much longer do you think I can go with this method to help get past the oxy withdrawal but not go into kratom wd?

Thank you for your advice!! So I’ve only taken about 3g’s of kratom once or twice a day for the past 5 days. How much longer do you think I can go with this method to help get past the oxy withdrawal but not go into kratom wd?

You have a pretty long time before withdrawals from kratom become an issue. I know with opioids the chance of dependency rises if a patient is on them for a time period of 3 weeks or longer (a statistic I can't remember where I've read).

I'd say that if you used it everyday for 2 weeks you would feel something really minor but it might just be the generalized withdrawal from opioids/opiates in general. 3 g is really not a lot. You probably won't even notice it.

Tapering on kratom is definitely a better idea than cold turkey off oxy. Even if you do end up dependent on kratom, you can taper slowly from it and it'll be extremely mild compared to anything oxy can throw at you.

Day 10 and still feeling like crap! My withdrawals are better but still getting that skin crawling, goosebump feeling that I hate and can’t seem to shake! I took lope for 2 or 3 days but stopped. I’ve been taking small amounts of kratom, smoking weed and using Xanax at night but this has still be miserable! Looking and waiting for hope!