• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxy with methadone tolerance?

axe battler

Moderator: SLR, EADD
Staff member
Hi all,

Recently acquired 200mg of oxy in the easily crushable 20mg Longtech pills.
I take 85ml of methadone a day. Yesterday i probably only took 50-60. If necessary i could try skipping a day today as ive got none left ha.

Would it.be a safe to take all 200mg with my tolerance? Or should i take lesz? Or is it a waste of time me taking these at all with my tolerance?

I really dont wanna waste these...or myself! Haha

Thanks y'all

Ooh ok, snorted 20mg and chewed up 80.

I'd also had 600mg pregabalins earlier, which im certain is intensifying this, but the oxy is deffo working.

Glad i didn't take all 200mg, it's taken far too long to type dis...

Yay, chuffed I finally got to try oxycodone!

Trouble is the methadone accumulates in your system to some very high levels. Skipping one day might feel a little rough, but there's still plenty in you.

While you might not get much from the oxy due to the blunting effect of the methadone, it will still effect you physically and can be dangerous without getting you blitzed.

If you ever want to experience oxy, stay off the methadone for a few weeks. When your brain is on long acting opioids taken daily, there no chance for your receptors to lose any tolerance, hence the blunting effect.
This is esp true when you hit 70mg or more. Taking sedatives though is still dangerous as even though you might not feel all that high mentally, physically you could put yourself in danger.

If you did get something out of it then try to hang out with someone for a few hours.

I feel absolutely fine. To be fair the methadone definitely is blunting the effects, but I'm definitely getting a nice mild buzz.
Thanks for the concern though.
If i start nodding then I'll go outside and have an empty oxy strip on me
Cheers!

Also it's really not possible to lay off the meth for weeks as I'm on maintenance amd that wluld be hellish!!